Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

3 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9327251/amp/Leicester-close-15m-deal-Celtic-forward-Edouard-long-term-replacement-Vardy.html

Sounds like we may be getting closer to signing Édouard.

It's a gamble as he's only scored goals in the Scottish League but surely worth it if the reported £15 million fee is true

Great deal at that price

6 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9327251/amp/Leicester-close-15m-deal-Celtic-forward-Edouard-long-term-replacement-Vardy.html

It's a gamble as he's only scored goals in the Scottish League but surely worth it if the reported £15 million fee is true

For 15m that's a great price. Fingers crossed its true, be nice to get some players sorted before the end of the season.

56 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

😂 I do love the "its a gamble" quotes.

I doubt the £15 mill is true but even at £20 mill that is a bargain for a striker of that quality.

12 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

😂 I do love the "its a gamble" quotes.

I doubt the £15 mill is true but even at £20 mill that is a bargain for a striker of that quality.

You a Celtic fan I assume by your name.

Does he just play No9 or can he play any other position? How much do you rate him?

WOW, with Odsonne Edouard and Boubakary Soumaré being potential targets possibly coming in for the summer, I honestly have to hand it to the recruitment team and our scouting network. Impressive! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

So Celtic paid £9million for him and we're about to sign him for £15million and Celtic have to give PSG £6million?

Either someone is pulling figures out of thin air or Celtic are about to be on the end of one of the worst transfer deals in Scottish history :D

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's the logical transfer for us at a great price. My only gripe is this could and should have been done this January. I don't want to hear we don't have any money, Celtic's season was over and we could easily have given them a few million loan fee with an obligation to buy for the £15m we will be paying in the summer.

No way the Celtic board would have agreed to it then. 

They'd just had demonstrations outside the ground mostly against Lennon but also calling for Lawell's head.

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

They'd just had demonstrations outside the ground mostly against Lennon but also calling for Lawell's head.

Agreed on this - you don’t just give up on the title in Glasgow if you want to keep your heed ......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Rubbish, as @Muzzy_Larsson pointed out a number of times that Celtic are shrewd and if the numbers made sense they'd have done the deal this January. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So Celtic paid £9million for him and we're about to sign him for £15million and Celtic have to give PSG £6million?

Either someone is pulling figures out of thin air or Celtic are about to be on the end of one of the worst transfer deals in Scottish history :D

...you would think that it would be on profit!!!

Based on a £15m sale monies owed to PSG would be £2.4m.

French Revolution at the foxes! Soumare,  Edouard and of course we already have the Foff! Probs £40m combined and without having to sell anyone. Realistically anyone else being signed probs would be on loan or with the sale of someone else.

£15m for Edouard is an absolute no brainer. Great fee for a 23 striker with a good goal record. No real pressure on him either for that fee, and even if he flopped, we would easily make 75% of that back when resold.

Get him in.

• Like 2