Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make- that UK based players are more likely to fit in? 

Well culturally yes. But that’s a very naive and Brexit attitude to take lol we signed Darren Kenton from Soton and he was fvcking shite. 

We aren’t going to spend the sort of money required to sign the players you’ve suggested anyway so not sure why I’m even bothering to argue.

I’m not trying to make a point other than share my opinion as to who I think we should sign. I agree, I’m not sure why you are bothering to argue also as the Brexit point you make is lazy and pointing to ‘naive’ is argumentative and serves no purpose.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frost said:

We're actually in for Soumare aren't we?

We've been linked and he makes so much more sense.

One year left on his contract and no English club premium, the French clubs are skint is what we are led to believe.

2 hours ago, happy85 said:

Always thought hes a quality player who is too good for Brighton and was actually thinking during the Newcastle game he would suit us perfectly.  He would be a massive upgrade on a Hamza as he is technically very good aswell as being a good reader of the game. Cant see us paying the money it would cost though, always going to be an inflated fee coming from a fellow Prem side when there is almost certainly cheaper options abroad.

27 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I’m not trying to make a point other than share my opinion as to who I think we should sign. I agree, I’m not sure why you are bothering to argue also as the Brexit point you make is lazy and pointing to ‘naive’ is argumentative and serves no purpose.

Well you’ve suggested names based on the fact they’re English or play in the UK seemingly because you think they’ll ‘fit in with the lads better’ and I was just saying that just because they’re British it’s not a given. 

Ward-Prowse for 30m?! We're living in fantasy land! Southamptons captain, over 300 games for them, only signed a new contract a few months back that expires in 2025, academy graduate, must be on decent wedge (say 60k or so?), English, in the England squad and only 25 years of age. If we got change from 50m I'd be very very surprised.

I think he'll be one of those players that spends pretty much his entire career at one club, he'll certainly be there for another couple of seasons anyway.

• Like 1

There are going to be some disappointed people I think this summer. It's going to be one similar to last even if we do end up in the top four. I think Faivre & Edouard strike me as the obvious ones - both youngish, both clearly got something about them, and neither will cost a fortune either, probably £30mil for the pair of them. Surely Brestois can't resist £15mil for Faivre.

We're just simply not going to buy a Ward-Prowse or McNeil. It just won't happen unless either get relegated, which they won't.

In the last 10 years in-particular football has moved on from being able to easily buy from other teams in the league. Imagine signings like Tottenham signing Jermain Defoe from Portsmouth in todays market - it would cost them probably £80mil.

I think we're best served keeping youngsters like Knight, Thomas, KDH etc.. around as our English contingent and making 90% of our signings from abroad in all honesty. Maybe the odd Championship signing.

• Like 3

Bissouma would be an absolutely fantastic addition to our squad but would cost far too much if Brighton aren't relegated, just chuck a couple bids in to bleed Arsenal dry.

Can you imagine a Bissouma/Ndidi/Tielemans midfield against the big dogs, though. That would be beautiful. 

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

There are going to be some disappointed people I think this summer. It's going to be one similar to last even if we do end up in the top four. I think Faivre & Edouard strike me as the obvious ones - both youngish, both clearly got something about them, and neither will cost a fortune either, probably £30mil for the pair of them. Surely Brestois can't resist £15mil for Faivre.

We're just simply not going to buy a Ward-Prowse or McNeil. It just won't happen unless either get relegated, which they won't.

In the last 10 years in-particular football has moved on from being able to easily buy from other teams in the league. Imagine signings like Tottenham signing Jermain Defoe from Portsmouth in todays market - it would cost them probably £80mil.

I think we're best served keeping youngsters like Knight, Thomas, KDH etc.. around as our English contingent and making 90% of our signings from abroad in all honesty. Maybe the odd Championship signing.

Isn't Faivre predominantly a midfielder? We seem kind of stacked in that region tbh.

18 hours ago, Shane said:

Joachim Andersen on loan. Been one of Fulhams best players this season.

Lyon probably find themselves in a similar situation to us with Silva/Slimani, having to loan him out until his contract runs down. 

He’d be a decent 4th choice option & it saves us spending 15-20m on Tarkowski who we could sign on a free next year.

Andersen has been one of the best CBs in the league this season, Lyon will hawk him off to Arsenal or Liverpool or some similar team and think nothing more of it. He also wouldn't come here to be 4th choice.

23 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Andersen has been one of the best CBs in the league this season, Lyon will hawk him off to Arsenal or Liverpool or some similar team and think nothing more of it. He also wouldn't come here to be 4th choice.

Looks like 5/3 atb might be something that Rodgers wants us to play (as much as it pains me to say) so 4th choice isn’t as bad as it sounds... also who’s to say he’d be 4th choice? Cags has looked a bit off the boil since returning from injury and Evans isn’t getting any younger! For me he’d be a superb signing especially if we could get him for a half decent price

9 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Looks like 5/3 atb might be something that Rodgers wants us to play (as much as it pains me to say) so 4th choice isn’t as bad as it sounds... also who’s to say he’d be 4th choice? Cags has looked a bit off the boil since returning from injury and Evans isn’t getting any younger! For me he’d be a superb signing especially if we could get him for a half decent price

I wonder if he really does long term want to play 5/3 atb. Right now we have had three fit CB's and two fit full backs who can also play as wing backs... I think his formations have been based on availability as we have first choice contention starting players ready to go, so the formation picks itself as we have sweet FA to put in the middle due to injuries... I hope to four at the back again when we have the midfield personnel back again.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nick said:

Leicester and Leeds are interested in signing Turkey midfielder Orkun Kokcu after Feyenoord cut the 20-year-old's asking price to £10m. (La Razon via Sun)

Reading a bit on this fella it seems he's a real talent but a bit inconsistent and his tackling isn't up to much - certainly a project BR would take on as he's only 19/20 years old.

Some of his shooting and forward play is genius - I wonder if he would be a Praet/Madders/Tielemans type central to central attacking midfielder in our set up?

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Well you’ve suggested names based on the fact they’re English or play in the UK seemingly because you think they’ll ‘fit in with the lads better’ and I was just saying that just because they’re British it’s not a given. 

I said nothing about fitting in with ‘the lads’. Go and get angry at someone else.

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Soyuncu since coming back has looked great in a back two and at the centre of the back three that one time, but he's clearly unsuited to playing on the outside of a back three. 

Andersen would be a decent signing don't get me wrong but for me we have priorities elsewhere, especially as Justin has shown he is a great 3rd CB as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I said nothing about fitting in with ‘the lads’. Go and get angry at someone else.

That’s what you’ve implied though. Fans forum seems an odd place to post if you’re not interested in explaining or debating your points 

29 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

That’s what you’ve implied though. Fans forum seems an odd place to post if you’re not interested in explaining or debating your points 

Harsh on us Hit and Run posters...

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

That is what you read into it, not what I implied, if you actually ask me a question other than throwing around assumptions then I will happily debate

14 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Watching the Celtic vs Rangers game and really don’t think much of Edouard. 

Still recovering from Long Covid, which isn’t the case with Caglar as he just has to deal with Long Todger. 

• Haha 2