Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 hours ago, Mehrez said:

It will be interesting to see next years accounts I’m still convinced this was some elaborate scheme for increasing sponsorship revenue without appearing to do so

I think it might have more of a political angle back home for King Power. We'll have to remember to look at this in next year's accounts!

3 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

With rumours of Amazon and Leicester investing in the Ivanhoe line connecting leicester to the Amazon Coalville hub! I’d love it if they got chatting and discussed a sponsorship deal. Huge company and would look smart on our shirts ! Not that they need advertising lol

If we get our own All or Nothing series, I'm all in :thumbup:

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Another player we have tried to sign previously - William Carvalho meant to be available this summer

http://sportwitness.co.uk/wolves-leicester-moved-portugal-international-club-need-big-sale-summer-tussle-cards/

Wolves and Leicester ‘most moved’ by Portugal international – Club need ‘big sale’, summer tussle on the cards

Leicester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers are the club’s most ‘moved’ to make a bid for Real Betis midfielder William Carvalho this summer.

That’s according to Estadio Deportivo, who say the Spanish club would prefer to sell the Portuguese midfielder ahead of other players in the squad.

The website explains that Betis need a ‘big sale’ this summer to cover a big salary gap in their finances, which have been hit, like all football clubs all over the world, by the Coronavirus pandemic.

That’s led club chief Antonio Cordón and his superiors to look at the market with ‘calculators in hand’ and work out who can be sold.

They’re already facing interest in several stars, such as Guido Rodríguez, who has been linked to Arsenal and also scouted by Liverpool.

The club, though, would ‘prefer’ to part with other footballers, and the name at the top of that list is Carvalho.

He has interest from Benfica but also in the Premier League, with Leicester and Wolves the ones who ‘were most moved’ by the midfielder.

Now, there is no mention of either club pushing forward with a bid or anything of that nature here, but it’s not the first time both have been linked.

Leicester’s interest goes back nearly two years and was extremely strong in the summer when they saw a bid rejected as it was deemed ‘insufficient’.

Wolves, meanwhile, presumably have an interest courtesy of their links with Jorge Mendes, and back in February, it was claimed they had ‘returned to the charge’ for the player.

That has seemingly not died down and with Betis now keen to sell, this summer could be the chance for them and Leicester to finally get their man.

He's finished, would rather have Dewsbury-Hall starting than him

• Like 3

Trincao is an interesting one and if you go back to last summer, when we knew the results of the 2019/20 accounts and yet we still made an offer to Barca of a loan for 2 seasons with an obligation to buy for £45m. 

Now that's not much different from buying him for £45m paid over a number of instalments which is common in transfers and can be seen in football clubs Financial accounts. We also were very close to an obligation to buy Ünder for £24m so I'll reiterate that CL qualification will see us spend fairly healthily this summer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Ric FlairI think renewal of contracts will eat into our budget heavily, and remember we already are at wages being 107% of revenue. Barnes and Tielemans are believed to be closing on on new deals, and I'd imagine Ricardo, Soyuncu, Nacho, Justin, Albrighton would be in line for extensions over the next 12 months too. Plus we have stadium improvements to pay for on top of that! Compare us to Spurs under Poch, they never signed that many players as most of their money was tied up in their new stadium and keeping their stars at the club.

I think we will spend more than they did, but our net spend this season was only 10m. I can't see us going above 30m even if bagged Champions League qualification personally.

That said, the club has been brilliant over the last 5 years, and the 10m net spend this season was hugely effective, even with one of those players not doing so much for us. 

We are in danger of doing a Middlesbrough or even worse a Leeds United. They both gambled on buying position in the league and lost. There is one big difference though, both those clubs paid record transfer fees to buy in talent. Not club record fees but league record fees.  Actually that's one massive difference as our recruitment is thought to be one of the most cost effective in the league.

As long as the club can continue to have as many hits as there are flops in recruitment then the club should be able to support the growing wage bill offset by rapidly rising player asset value. In the end though, that can only take you so far but by then hopefully other revenue streams of advertising, subscriptions, merchandise and sponsorship have all grown nicely to address the wages imbalance.

Edited by Bazly

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hope we got Agent Slim and Agent Deidre on the case...

Sounds like both teams' defences were as laughably gappy as the pre match team photo

Edited by Nalis

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hope we got Agent Slim and Agent Deidre on the case...

Those Algerian goalscorers look decent. We’re in the market for a centre forward and a right winger we should check them out 

• Haha 1

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/25/never-thought-about-leaving-title-winning-star-had-no-interest-in-joining-leicester/

Porto star Otavio has made it clear he never planned to walk away from the Primeira Liga champions despite being linked with Leicester City, AC Milan and Roma, speaking to JN. 

Much to the relief of everyone at the Estadio do Dragao, their influential midfielder won’t be leaving on a free transfer this summer after all. 

Otavio’s contract was due to expire in July and clubs were queuing up to strike a bargain deal for a man who has produced an impressive 23 assists since the start of last season. 

But, after months of speculation, Otavio has finally put pen to paper on a new £50,000-a-week deal – one that puts him among the highest earners at the Dragao.  

“I never thought about leaving FC Porto for free. I always wanted to help the club and help me too,” explains the former Internacional star, suggesting Leicester, Milan and co were always barking up the wrong tree. 

“Choosing FC Porto was the best decision I ever made and I’m very happy. It is a dream come true to renew because I feel at home here. I want to be able to show even more in the coming years and win more things.” 

Otavio, who spoke in glowing terms about the impact Porto boss Sergio Conceicao has had on his career, looks set to lose his Primeira Liga crown before the season is out with Sporting Lisbon ten points clear at the top. 

But at least the 25-year-old will be sticking around to snatch his trophy back in 2022.

44 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/25/never-thought-about-leaving-title-winning-star-had-no-interest-in-joining-leicester/

Porto star Otavio has made it clear he never planned to walk away from the Primeira Liga champions despite being linked with Leicester City, AC Milan and Roma, speaking to JN. 

Much to the relief of everyone at the Estadio do Dragao, their influential midfielder won’t be leaving on a free transfer this summer after all. 

Otavio’s contract was due to expire in July and clubs were queuing up to strike a bargain deal for a man who has produced an impressive 23 assists since the start of last season. 

But, after months of speculation, Otavio has finally put pen to paper on a new £50,000-a-week deal – one that puts him among the highest earners at the Dragao.  

“I never thought about leaving FC Porto for free. I always wanted to help the club and help me too,” explains the former Internacional star, suggesting Leicester, Milan and co were always barking up the wrong tree. 

“Choosing FC Porto was the best decision I ever made and I’m very happy. It is a dream come true to renew because I feel at home here. I want to be able to show even more in the coming years and win more things.” 

Otavio, who spoke in glowing terms about the impact Porto boss Sergio Conceicao has had on his career, looks set to lose his Primeira Liga crown before the season is out with Sporting Lisbon ten points clear at the top. 

But at least the 25-year-old will be sticking around to snatch his trophy back in 2022.

In fairness, nice to see a football play for football, rather than the wage inflated packet. All the best to him.

• Like 2

Looks like there will be plenty of interest in Ghezzal in the summer

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-will-everything-sign-leicester-player-summer-future-king-power-uncertain-rodgers/

Club ‘will do everything’ to sign Leicester player this summer – Future at King Power ‘uncertain’ under Rodgers

Flopping hard at Leicester City following his move from Olympique Lyonnais back in 2018, Rachid Ghezzal has had to go on a handful of loans in order to avoid stagnating on the King Power Stadium bench.

The first was to Fiorentina, where the Algeria international had a difficult time for most of his time there, and a return to the Foxes saw him seek out another temporary deal, ending up at Besiktas.

This time, however, the loan has gone very well, with the winger assisting 13 goals and scoring one in 21 league appearances this season, which has caused the Turkish club to seek a permanent deal.

The news comes from Foot Mercato in France, who reveal Besiktas ‘will do everything to keep him at the end of the season’, with Ghezzal’s future at Leicester ‘uncertain since Brendan Rodgers doesn’t really count on him’.

However, his performances in the Süper Lig haven’t gone unnoticed by the other big guns, since Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and ‘other European clubs’ could ‘come knocking at the door, especially if he ends the season as he started it’.

That could be great news for Leicester, who didn’t include a purchase clause in the loan with Besiktas, meaning that any club wanting to buy Ghezzal will have to start negotiations from scratch.

With one year left on the player’s contract, there will be limits as to the amount the Foxes can secure, but this is exactly what they will have been hoping for when they agreed to the move in the first place.