Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we qualify for the CL then I'd expect us to spend £50-60m net spend. If we don't then I think it'll be less than £30m

you really expect us to invest the additional CL sum into the squad after the numbers we saw last week ?

i think that no CL means almost no nett spend 

CL qualification means a nett spend 20/25m 

just can’t see the club going further into debt (according to Swiss ramble  £219m to end may 2020 - and will only be larger now)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

you really expect us to invest the additional CL sum into the squad after the numbers we saw last week ?

i think that no CL means almost no nett spend 

CL qualification means a nett spend 20/25m 

just can’t see the club going further into debt (according to Swiss ramble  £219m to end may 2020 - and will only be larger now)

Swiss ramble also said they expect 20/21 accounts to be significantly better even without fans. That's because we already know about the deferred TV revenue and the prize money for finishing 5th. Also we'll have received around £15m for our Europa League campaign.

Finances aren't great across the game and the club will have adjusted their business plans to account for that but securing CL football which is guaranteed about £50-60m before the various other add ons would likely see us invest that in strengthening the squad. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Why on earth would you want to sell Ricky P?

This is definitely a head verses heart situation.

We've managed well without him and his value isn't going to rise any further. There's also the possibility that he doesn't return to the form of old.

But he's been our player of the year pre injury. Have we moved on? I don't know.

I feel dirty even considering it.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Daka is wanted by lots of clubs.

I think with the fee plus his 'reported' wages, he might be out of our range at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is definitely a head verses heart situation.

We've managed well without him and his value isn't going to rise any further. There's also the possibility that he doesn't return to the form of old.

But he's been our player of the year pre injury. Have we moved on? I don't know.

I feel dirty even considering it.

All good points - the only thing I would say would be in respect to his value now and it not rising...

Before injury his value would surely have been north of 50 million 

Now - I’m not so sure due to both the market and his performances since his return albeit not in his preferred position and in difficult team circumstances.

Whilst he may have been the next big player to be sold, I’m unsure now and have been for some time if he’s worth selling in terms of financial gain proportionate to on pitch value. If he signs another contract then that would be great but I think it will only be if the player wants to move on and we don’t want to lose out we will consider selling now.

• Like 1

If noone leaves then I don't think we need to buy too much. 

2 wing options if we are being greedy, one for the right a priority and maybe some support for Barnes on the left. Even better if they can play centrally in the number 10 if needed.

A striker option. Maybe someone who can play from a wide position too so we don't need to buy the extra winger. But not in a Perez can play in lots of positions kind of way.

We do need a Tielemans alternative, whether Dewsbury-Hall or Tavares can be that man remains to be seen. But if money is tight then I don't think it's a priority. 

We need to decide whether Thomas can be trusted more or whether he needs a season loan somewhere to iron out his game. We need a left footed option if he went out on loan. May need to keep him around for the European squad rules of having 4 academy trained players. 

Unless it cheap or someone leaves, defence isn't a priority.

We need to think about the European squad as well. From what I can see only Fuchs, Under, Jakupovic will be freeing spaces so if we sign too many players someone is missing out. Dewsbury-Hall probably replaces Choudhury. 

I think he'll come back strong but only when he's played in his best position with more familiar duties. His bad injury must have been mentally draining as well as physically and I would think perhaps he's a little tentative still at times. Once in his more comfortable position I'm sure he'll thrive again given a little bit of time. I just hope JJ isn't badly effected also, incredible bad look for both of them. 

• Like 1

We need a new striker, a new winger/ACM and possibly a new defender. If Choudhury goes then we'll try and get an understudy to Ndidi that can also be a bit more box to box, Soumare from Lille being the obvious choice. 

We've got to be looking at £50-60m net spend there which is fine if we get CL qualification.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need a new striker, a new winger/ACM and possibly a new defender. If Choudhury goes then we'll try and get an understudy to Ndidi that can also be a bit more box to box, Soumare from Lille being the obvious choice. 

We've got to be looking at £50-60m net spend there which is fine if we get CL qualification.

Can't see us spending that in a million years without a player sale. We'll be going for value, players with a year left, frees etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

All good points - the only thing I would say would be in respect to his value now and it not rising...

Before injury his value would surely have been north of 50 million 

Now - I’m not so sure due to both the market and his performances since his return albeit not in his preferred position and in difficult team circumstances.

Whilst he may have been the next big player to be sold, I’m unsure now and have been for some time if he’s worth selling in terms of financial gain proportionate to on pitch value. If he signs another contract then that would be great but I think it will only be if the player wants to move on and we don’t want to lose out we will consider selling now.

I don't think anyone will leave this summer. Brendan doesn't want it to happen maybe he'll get his way.

Last thing we need is his head being turned.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can't see us spending that in a million years without a player sale. We'll be going for value, players with a year left, frees etc. 

I don't see why we wouldn't with CL qualification. Look at what that pulls in. But to be honest maybe we don't need to spend that but I think they'd be prepared to, all depends how much value there will be out there this summer. PL clubs will still get held over a barrel by European clubs who are struggling as they know we are awash with more money than them regardless of the problems. 

Anyone had a look at Mingueza? 

Looks like a very good player, 21 year old and out of contract in the summer. 20 appearances this year. 

If we are looking at cheaper options due to finances, him and Marcus Paolo would be really good free options along wolith Sounamare and Edouard. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Anyone had a look at Mingueza? 

Looks like a very good player, 21 year old and out of contract in the summer. 20 appearances this year. 

If we are looking at cheaper options due to finances, him and Marcus Paolo would be really good free options along wolith Sounamare and Edouard. 

Marcos Paulo has agreed to join Atletico Madrid. Will check out Mingueza, not seen much of him.

Both Mingueza and Alex Collado have their contracts expiring this summer. Collado I have suggested many times and is now over his injury problem of last season. Is quality.

• Like 1

Latest gossip on Daka from Austria.  

Against LASK, Patson Daka scored the 20th Bundesliga goal for Red Bull Salzburg in 18 appearances. In 2019/20 he scored 24 goals in 31 games. That and the performance at the European level is now almost logically attracting the interest of big clubs. According to ' Salzburger Nachrichten ', the clubs are no smaller than Arsenal , Manchester United and City as well as Liverpool . For the newspaper it could be that the striker could bring in even more money than Erling Haaland - and he flushed 20 million euros into the club's coffers.

90minuten.at exclusive.

You have got to hand it to Salzburg, their scouting network is up there with ours.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Latest gossip on Daka from Austria.  

Against LASK, Patson Daka scored the 20th Bundesliga goal for Red Bull Salzburg in 18 appearances. In 2019/20 he scored 24 goals in 31 games. That and the performance at the European level is now almost logically attracting the interest of big clubs. According to ' Salzburger Nachrichten ', the clubs are no smaller than Arsenal , Manchester United and City as well as Liverpool . For the newspaper it could be that the striker could bring in even more money than Erling Haaland - and he flushed 20 million euros into the club's coffers.

90minuten.at exclusive.

You have got to hand it to Salzburg, their scouting network is up there with ours.

Yeah, they have the platform to get players that British clubs are restricted to getting as well. Can pluck any non-European player from small academies and clubs and have no issue with work permits.

I'm not sure champions League qualification really makes that much difference in terms of our targets. Ok it might convince a player to join us if Everton or West Ham are the other options but we saw last time that people still saw us as a fluke and not guaranteed to be a European side every year. Our wage structure won't change. 

Targets will be the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not sure champions League qualification really makes that much difference in terms of our targets. Ok it might convince a player to join us if Everton or West Ham are the other options but we saw last time that people still saw us as a fluke and not guaranteed to be a European side every year. Our wage structure won't change. 

It might not change our targets but it will change how many we can bring in.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I would disagree, as the whole club is an entirely different prospect now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Marcos Paulo has agreed to join Atletico Madrid. Will check out Mingueza, not seen much of him.

Both Mingueza and Alex Collado have their contracts expiring this summer. Collado I have suggested many times and is now over his injury problem of last season. Is quality.

Didn't know that about Paulo. Thats a shame. Mingueza I had never heard of until today (saw his name a few time on FM) when I came across him and he looks like a Rolls Royce of a CB.