Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

KDH in a better team will thrive - A poor season at Leicester we still able to flog him for 10 mill as performances at Luton and Blackpool have been of high calibre 

We are not sure how far can KDH can go but early signs he can go to the top

So Brendan wants to end the summer transfer tradition. It seems he wants to keep the squad intact with maybe only the "never play" players leaving? Surely this is the end for Morgan and Fuchs this summer? Under back to Roma?

I'm glad he wants to keep the team together and build on it. Money has been discussed so it seems players will be brought in too. 

12 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I think Edouard is most likely to come here. He's already said he want's to team up with Brendan again. The fly in the ointment is Arsenal who are trying to entice him there.

There could be as many as 8 or 9 leaving, including Choudhury and possibly Praet  in the list. Though Praet might need to prove he's over his injury before someone will buy him.

I'm sure he doesn't want to warm the Bench for another year. Plus we have Dewsbury Hall etc to provide backup. that should bring in 30 mil  with Salaries saved.

A Cup final and top 4 would greatly ease things financially,  Then we can then pick up a few bargains in Europe as a lot of Clubs need to sell.   

We'll be better off than most. plus we have some big Assets if we needed to cash in on some of our stars.                  .

Preat won't be going anywhere he's a bloody game changer 

• Like 1

It makes sense to keep Knight.  Our squad has been stretched in Europe this season.  Having Barnes,, KDH, Choudhury and Knight as home grown makes sense.  A lot are convinced we should sell Choudhury anyway; I think he is worth persevering with..  There is an argument,ent that a loan could help Thomas develop.

I hope Soyuncu gets a new contract rather than being sold as suggested by some.  He is class.

We have real quality in

Schmeichel  (with Ward and Iversen as excellent back-up

Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana ( with Amartey as an excellent back-up) we 

Ricardo, Castagne, Justin (Thomas as an excellent prospect but is not part of the 25 because of age))

Ndidi (I hope we keep Choudhury)

Tielemans, Maddison, Praet

Barnes (and we should definitely hang on to Albrighton)

Vardy (hopefully Iheanacho stays and pushes on)

If we keep Knight and DOH that's 21.

I would let Mendy and Perez move on.

We are not keeping Cenghis.  Fuchs and Morgan will probably not be in the squad next season.

We potentially have roo  for 4 new signings but not a great deal of funds.  

I think we need a striker, two wide forwards and would still benefit from a left footed left back.

Hopefully , with the squad we have, a couple would be cheaper prospects.

Edited by majaco
Addition

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd not be that surprised, if an ambitious Championship club (likely one of the relegated PL clubs going down this season) were to offer £10m or so then we might be tempted. All depends how much Rodgers needs to strengthen the squad and what available funds we have. 

Hopefully he gets a chance here next season, needs to end the season in the form he built up earlier in the season. Would be a great bonus to have an additional central midfielder with his skillset.

We could probably make 15-20m out of him. Hes on a long contract. There's some value in our squad that's not just the first team.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And Chelsea. One of the major benefits of the academy. I've no doubt we'll sell a few players in the summer, just can't see it being a first team player intentionally.

Yeah, that's why it's a desire to see a constant conveyor belt of young players coming through. Some will make it here, some will go on loan and do well and we sell for good money and continue the cycle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

It makes sense to keep Knight.  Our squad has been stretched in Europe this season.  Having Barnes,, KDH, Choudhury and Knight as home grown makes sense.  A lot are convinced we should sell Choudhury anyway; I think he is worth persevering with..  There is an argument,ent that a loan could help Thomas develop.

I hope Soyuncu gets a new contract rather than being sold as suggested by some.  He is class.

We have real quality in

Schmeichel  (with Ward and Iversen as excellent back-up

Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana ( with Amartey as an excellent back-up) we 

Ricardo, Castagne, Justin (Thomas as an excellent prospect but is not part of the 25 because of age))

Ndidi (I hope we keep Choudhury)

Tielemans, Maddison, Praet

Barnes (and we should definitely hang on to Albrighton)

Vardy (hopefully Iheanacho stays and pushes on)

If we keep Knight and DOH that's 21.

I would let Mendy and Perez move on.

We are not keeping Cenghis.  Fuchs and Morgan will probably not be in the squad next season.

We potentially have roo  for 4 new signings but not a great deal of funds.  

I think we need a striker, two wide forwards and would still benefit from a left footed left back.

Hopefully , with the squad we have, a couple would be cheaper prospects.

You haven't mentioned Tavares or Leshabela, both of whom could make an impact next season.

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Preat won't be going anywhere he's a bloody game changer 

Yes I understand that, But he hasn't managed to make a breakthrough into the team for whatever reason when fully fit.

With the Euros and World Cup .coming up  soon I'm not sure he'd want to spend another season warming the Bench.

The one thing that might keep him here is his recent injury, If he can prove his fitness before the end of Season then I still think he might be off elsewhere.

Given the financial climate it makes sense and we also know Brendan wants to reduce the squad to 22. so anything is possible.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite clear we need 2-3 signings, possibly more if any players leave that have played 10+ games for us this season as its highly likely we are going to be in Europe again. 

We so badly need CL qualification and we'll then get to develop this squad how we'd really like to.

I think although a little forced this season, I think we will look to develop Academy players and strengthen from within combined with a couple of quality signings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe left sided central defender

mmmmm. could be a possiblity. i was thinking about someone like tofan, but if kdh is in our plans maybe hes a bit redundant. (id get rid of hamza too)

Joachim Andersen on loan. Been one of Fulhams best players this season.

Lyon probably find themselves in a similar situation to us with Silva/Slimani, having to loan him out until his contract runs down. 

He’d be a decent 4th choice option & it saves us spending 15-20m on Tarkowski who we could sign on a free next year.

• Like 1

Signings for the Champions League have to be not only the right fit culturally and not too many - we have been down that route - but also prepared to step up fearlessly and also respect the rotation policy that will come with fixture congestion.

With that in mind I would like to see:

McNeil

Ward-Prowse

Ivan Toney

Edouard

I think with a fit current squad these signings could provide the right mixture of depth / quality / potential and balance to give us a thoroughly respectable European and domestic season. 

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Signings for the Champions League have to be not only the right fit culturally and not too many - we have been down that route - but also prepared to step up fearlessly and also respect the rotation policy that will come with fixture congestion.

With that in mind I would like to see:

McNeil

Ward-Prowse

Ivan Toney

Edouard

I think with a fit current squad these signings could provide the right mixture of depth / quality / potential and balance to give us a thoroughly respectable European and domestic season. 

You have no idea how individual characters are going to fit in, just because those English/British based lads you’ve suggested play in the Uk doesn’t mean they’ll fit in. Nor does it mean a player from France or Germany or Spain won’t fit in. 

• Like 4

My dream window would be as below, although will likely be no where near. 

Assuming we have c. £20m which we would have spent on Ünder and -£20m usual net spend. Gives us 3 extra squad players to what we’ve utilised this season with another wide player, striker and Midfielder. Another CB would be the icing on the cake, especially if we play 3atb more often, but given the financial situation and Amartey’s performances not strictly necessary. Knight or that young Dundee CB could be used as the 5th choice CB to save on expenditure if needs be.

In: 

Édouard ~£15m

Neres/ Faivre ~£25-30m

Soumaré ~£15-20m

KDH - Loan returnee

Sowah - Loan returnee

Out: 

Choudhury ~£15m

Ünder - Returning to Roma 

Tavares - Loan

Fuchs - Retire 

Morgan - Retire