Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

6 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

You can imagine Otavio’s thought process. 

Milan - home of fashion, culture, good food, wine, sunshine and regular European football. Hmm

Leicester - home of cheap hosiery, sub culture, dodgy kebabs, stale ale and rain with perhaps the occasional dalliance with European football. Hmmmmmm. 

I wouldn’t find that equation hard to answer if I’m honest. Milan is a fabulous city. 

or - he could stay at Porto which would be weird but hey, perhaps the guy is happy there. 

Ok Leicester is not the best, but i never get this comparing the worst parts of a city with the best of another . For one, most players will live in a leafy Leicestershire village and would you believe some rich people actually choose to live here ! Secondly i think Schmeichel and Evans live near Manchester so there is no reason why a player should have to live here with the accommodation  facilities available at the training ground .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Not happening but...Aguero on a free? Apparently he wants to stay in the EPL.

We can just call his agent and say "City have offered a contract"

Would aguero really pass up the opportunity to play with his hero,  Vardy??

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

He looks a decent player tonight, nice hatrick.

Zagreb had 21 shots

33 goals in 73 games for Zagreb from the left wing mainly. 

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Milan - home of fashion, culture, good food, wine, sunshine and regular European football. Hmm

Leicester - home of cheap hosiery, sub culture, dodgy kebabs, stale ale and rain with perhaps the occasional dalliance with European football. Hmmmmmm. 

I wouldn’t find that equation hard to answer if I’m honest. Milan is a fabulous city. 

or - he could stay at Porto which would be weird but hey, perhaps the guy is happy there. 

you forgot to mention soggy chips!

Edited by MPH

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I actually think Milan is one of the most disappointing cities I've been to. Actually quite run down apart from the main square and not in a way that has character.

Not that I'm suggesting Leicester is the high life but then again, I've never lived there so I haven't built up that level of distain :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Otavio and Thauvin both seem more like AC Milan like signings to me. I see us signing players a bit more like Faivre. Faivre would be a very Leicester signing I think - lower profile but plenty of reason to think he'll be a success.

Agree. Faivre looks class, really hope we get him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I actually think Milan is one of the most disappointing cities I've been to. Actually quite run down apart from the main square and not in a way that has character.

Not that I'm suggesting Leicester is the high life but then again, I've never lived there so I haven't built up that level of distain :D

Milan isn't really a tourist city, but it is quite nice to live in. There are some more weathered parts but overall its a good place to be, apart from the air quality sometimes. In terms of visiting the city though, It's not much more than a two day trip. Once you've seen the Duomo and eaten at Panzerotti da Luini there isn't that much to do that is on the same level as other cities in Italy.

10 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

My son had much the same reaction to the Acropolis. 

14 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I've been to Milan.  Thought it was rubbish.  Poor quality, nasty shiny floors, feint smell of despair...

:blink:

Come to think of it, I might have been thinking of Matalan.

edit - I know that's a shocker but this thread is full of names I've never heard of.  I just wanted to be involved.  :)

Edited by murphy

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hot take. Will depend on whether someone pays over the odds for one of our players. It's not the active strategy it's made out to be.

Yeah I don’t think it’s our intended strategy but perhaps necessary more than ever to push on? Admittedly in the past I used to kinda know what player we should sell but now I wouldn’t know who. Also I suppose other teams financially have been impacted badly so unlikely to pay over the odds again.

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Yeah I don’t think it’s our intended strategy but perhaps necessary more than ever to push on? Admittedly in the past I used to kinda know what player we should sell but now I wouldn’t know who. Also I suppose other teams financially have been impacted badly so unlikely to pay over the odds again.

Yeah and I think that's the critical bit. We might sell someone like Choudhury to raise funds or someone like Soyuncu if we feel like we can get adequate cover.

If we get champions league it'll make a massive difference. If not it'll be similar to last year 10-20m net. A few years ago we spent near enough 80m. The goalposts will have moved for everyone and certain leagues like France will be heavily impacted so I'm not sure you can necessarily predict how it'll play out or that we'll have a target in mind to sell.

• Like 1