Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Aren’t the RB teams pretty much a closed shop though?

Not necessarily, Daka was available in January for £20-25m. Leipzig badly need a striker and they opted to get Brobbey on a free for this summer instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

My dream window would be as below, although will likely be no where near. 

Assuming we have c. £20m which we would have spent on Ünder and -£20m usual net spend. Gives us 3 extra squad players to what we’ve utilised this season with another wide player, striker and Midfielder. Another CB would be the icing on the cake, especially if we play 3atb more often, but given the financial situation and Amartey’s performances not strictly necessary. Knight or that young Dundee CB could be used as the 5th choice CB to save on expenditure if needs be.

In: 

Édouard ~£15m

Neres/ Faivre ~£25-30m

Soumaré ~£15-20m

KDH - Loan returnee

Sowah - Loan returnee

Out: 

Choudhury ~£15m

Ünder - Returning to Roma 

Tavares - Loan

Fuchs - Retire 

Morgan - Retire

Net spend - £45m

Way too much ...... I reckon we can expect a max of 20m nett 

It won’t just be the the transfer fees that are the problem, it will be the wages. We are already at 105% of turnover and we still need to improve at least 4 current players contracts (Tielemans, Ricardo, Soyuncu and Barnes) or risk losing them for small fees.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Lad said:

It won’t just be the the transfer fees that are the problem, it will be the wages. We are already at 105% of turnover and we still need to improve at least 4 current players contracts (Tielemans, Ricardo, Soyuncu and Barnes) or risk losing them for small fees.

Barnes contract until June 2024

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Lad said:

105% of a reduced turnover though.  Once that turnover returns to pre-covid levels, it won't look as scary. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

105% of a reduced turnover though.  Once that turnover returns to pre-covid levels, it won't look as scary. 

There are also a lot of high earners that aren't on the books now or won't be at the end of the Season. Silva, Slimani, Gray, Fuchs, Morgan and James must accumulate over £400k a week. 

3 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Signings for the Champions League have to be not only the right fit culturally and not too many - we have been down that route - but also prepared to step up fearlessly and also respect the rotation policy that will come with fixture congestion.

With that in mind I would like to see:

McNeil

Ward-Prowse

Ivan Toney

Edouard

I think with a fit current squad these signings could provide the right mixture of depth / quality / potential and balance to give us a thoroughly respectable European and domestic season. 

Lol 😆 this is how much this would cost. Probably more.

McNeil - 50 - 60m

Ward-Prowse - 50 - 60m

Ivan Toney - 40m

Edouard- 25m

I'd love all of those to sign for us maybe not Mcneil he's so overated but I can't see us spending just under 200m in the next summers if being honest

8 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

McNeil - 50 - 60m

Ward-Prowse - 50 - 60m

Ivan Toney - 40m

Edouard- 25m

I'd love all of those to sign for us maybe not Mcneil he's so overated but I can't see us spending just under 200m in the next summers if being honest

I think you've dramatically over valued all of them (but ward-prowse maybe)

McNeil would be more like 35-40m, Toney 25m max and Edouard is quoted at 15-20m

17 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think you've dramatically over valued all of them (but ward-prowse maybe)

McNeil would be more like 35-40m, Toney 25m max and Edouard is quoted at 15-20m

3 of those are English already adds 15 -20m on the real value.

MCneil is a young player still future English talent maybe and Burnleys star player.

Ward prowse has been playing top level nearly all his career could even play for Man City tbh. I think I under valued him. Again Southampton star player and English.

Toney unproven at premier league level but showing more promise than Watkins brentford already stated he will only go for a lot more than Watkins did. he will go for nothing less than 40m.

Edited by Fox85

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

3 of those are English already adds 15 -20m on the real value.

MCneil is a young player still future English talent maybe and Burnleys star player.

Ward prowse has been playing top level nearly all his career could even play for Man City tbh. I think I under valued him. Again Southampton star player and English.

Toney unproven at premier league level but showing more promise than Watkins brenford already stated he will go for nothing less than 40m.

I've just quoted the numbers that have been mentioned by other sources before rather than speculating.

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

McNeil - 50 - 60m

Ward-Prowse - 50 - 60m

Ivan Toney - 40m

Edouard- 25m

...pretty fanciful figures!!!

Mcneil ~ £30 -40m

Ward-Prowse ~ £30m

Ivan Toney ~ £25m

Edouard ~ £15 -£20m

We are not splashing out this summer, even at those prices we are not spending anywhere near.

8 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Surely he’d be too expensive considering they paid £15 million for him when they signed him! Also don’t think they’d play together that much if signed, be either or and rotated with European games etc I’d guess?

25 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Surely he’d be too expensive considering they paid £15 million for him when they signed him! Also don’t think they’d play together that much if signed, be either or and rotated with European games etc I’d guess?

Fred and McTominay is working for Man Utd so it could be possible for us to play Ndidi and Bissouma as long as we can find a decent right-sided forward to play in that system. And it would give us an opportunity to keep Tielemans fresh.

It may well be part of Rodgers' thinking to play both if we get a tough CL group too (providing we qualify, of course).

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...six yellows.....one goal...no assist...one red card....is there something that I am missing!!!

He plays in a double pivot with a creative player (like tonight it was with Lallana), he is Brightons equivalent of Ndidi

Can’t see us signing him anyway, doubt we would pay what Brighton would want for him and he wouldn’t join us to be a rotation player

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

You have no idea how individual characters are going to fit in, just because those English/British based lads you’ve suggested play in the Uk doesn’t mean they’ll fit in. Nor does it mean a player from France or Germany or Spain won’t fit in. 

I disagree, I believe the clubs they come from such as Southampton and Burnley prepare them well for the step up to our team

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I disagree, I believe the clubs they come from such as Southampton and Burnley prepare them well for the step up to our team

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make- that UK based players are more likely to fit in? 

Well culturally yes. But that’s a very naive and Brexit attitude to take lol we signed Darren Kenton from Soton and he was fvcking shite. 

We aren’t going to spend the sort of money required to sign the players you’ve suggested anyway so not sure why I’m even bothering to argue.