Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

17 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Watching the Celtic vs Rangers game and really don’t think much of Edouard. 

16 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Still recovering from Long Covid, which isn’t the case with Caglar as he just has to deal with Long Todger. 

hard to judge if a player is sure he’s leaving..... VVD was pretty ordinary in his last half season at soton 

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Offer Burnley 15-20m for Tarkowski in the summer, test them out with a lowball figure. 

Going to need an extra body in there for a long season. (Morgan/Fuchs won't be here)

Striker and winger the other two positions to strengthen.

this is something we should get done v early ........(not so lowball with one year left )

then we are protected if someone comes in with 50m for cags and in that event, we won’t get ripped off for a replacement .....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Offer Burnley 15-20m for Tarkowski in the summer, test them out with a lowball figure. 

Going to need an extra body in there for a long season. (Morgan/Fuchs won't be here)

I did notice Rodgers having a nice little chat with hm at the end of the Burnley game.

If we are too continue with the 3 back another CB is definitely needed.  

Any 4th centre half is likely to need to be able to play in another position too. We need a left sided CB to replace Fuchs and support the options for left back. Justin won't be back for the start of the season and thst then leaves Thomas and Castagne. 

We have been linked a number of times with David Carmo from Braga although not sure he has the attributes to be a make shift left back. He's also broken his ankle last month.

I like the look of Diogo Leite from Porto. Regarded as one of the most promising Portuguese youngsters (along with Carmo) he has a more suited skillset to play left back or left sided central defence. 

• Like 1

After yesterday’s game would anybody take a chance on Martial? Obviously not having the best time at ManU and rumours they are looking to offload. Broken player with bags of potential, a player that fits the mould Rodgers has spoken about. Confidence player who needs an arm round? 

Edited by 30yroldfox
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 30yroldfox said:

After yesterday’s game would anybody take a chance on Martial? Obviously not having the best time at ManU and rumours they are looking to offload. Broken player with bags of potential, a player that fits the mould Rodgers has spoken about. Confidence player who needs an arm round? 

Don't like his attitude and don't think he works hard enough for Rodgers liking. Will be on huge wages also, kind of wages that other players in the Leicester squad would also feel they would rightly be deserving of.

1 hour ago, 30yroldfox said:

I don't even believe he's broken,  he's average. I think he'll be one of those players who will never lived up to his potential. The problem with martial is his inability to read the game. 

One of the interesting things about this system  we are currently playing is Vardy' role. Previously, I couldn't see anyone replacing him or filling in. There was no-one who played like him but with this new role he is playing, coming deeper, drifting left, less emphasis on goals and more on link up and forcing errors, I can totally see Barnes playing there. 

Obviously Barnes is best out wide but if we were to primarily play this way, it wouldn't be a massive transition for him. 

With Barnes and Vardy playing one spot, I would still like to see EDUOARD come in as an Ihneacho alternative. 

Perez looks far more at home in the #10 spot and is an adequate replacement for Maddison. 

We are sorted for WBs with JJ, Thomas, Castagne and Ricardo. 

Ndidi and Tielemans are no brainers but in terms of back up, I would like to see KDH being used as back up for Youri and we would also have Praet who can also offer options  further up the pitch.

Mendy is decent back up to Ndidi but would quite like to see someone like SOUNAMARE come in. His defensive stats are decent but he also offers a but more in terms of in possession. 

Fofana, Evans and Cags would be first choice back three with Amartey and JJ able to provide cover but we would need someone else and I thing TARKOWSKI is the perfect pick. 

The GK options would stay the same but maybe with Iverson coming in.

Albrighton and SOWAH would he there as they could provide depth for not only this system but also if we needed to revert to wingers. 

So with this, I would be quite happy for our squad next year to be.....

Kasper

Ward

Iverson

JJ

Castagne

Ricardo

Thomas

Tarks

Cags

Fofana

Evans

Amartey

Sounamare

Mendy

Ndidi

KDH

Tielemans

Praet

Albrighton

Sowah

Maddison

Perez

Barnes

Eduoard

Vardy

Nacho

Thats 26 with Thomas not having to be registered. We are also fine homegrown wise. 

I realise that not signing a winger would be a risk but I feel this system really fits the players we have and is worth a proper rack at it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

One of the interesting things about this system  we are currently playing is Vardy' role. Previously, I couldn't see anyone replacing him or filling in. There was no-one who played like him but with this new role he is playing, coming deeper, drifting left, less emphasis on goals and more on link up and forcing errors, I can totally see Barnes playing there. 

Obviously Barnes is best out wide but if we were to primarily play this way, it wouldn't be a massive transition for him. 

With Barnes and Vardy playing one spot, I would still like to see EDUOARD come in as an Ihneacho alternative. 

Perez looks far more at home in the #10 spot and is an adequate replacement for Maddison. 

We are sorted for WBs with JJ, Thomas, Castagne and Ricardo. 

Ndidi and Tielemans are no brainers but in terms of back up, I would like to see KDH being used as back up for Youri and we would also have Praet who can also offer options  further up the pitch.

Mendy is decent back up to Ndidi but would quite like to see someone like SOUNAMARE come in. His defensive stats are decent but he also offers a but more in terms of in possession. 

Fofana, Evans and Cags would be first choice back three with Amartey and JJ able to provide cover but we would need someone else and I thing TARKOWSKI is the perfect pick. 

The GK options would stay the same but maybe with Iverson coming in.

Albrighton and SOWAH would he there as they could provide depth for not only this system but also if we needed to revert to wingers. 

So with this, I would be quite happy for our squad next year to be.....

Kasper

Ward

Iverson

JJ

Castagne

Ricardo

Thomas

Tarks

Cags

Fofana

Evans

Amartey

Sounamare

Mendy

Ndidi

KDH

Tielemans

Praet

Albrighton

Sowah

Maddison

Perez

Barnes

Eduoard

Vardy

Nacho

Thats 26 with Thomas not having to be registered. We are also fine homegrown wise. 

I realise that not signing a winger would be a risk but I feel this system really fits the players we have and is worth a proper rack at it.

Sowah is a winger that could fit in 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Sowah is a winger that could fit in 

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He would be an option for the wing but could also play #10 and maybe even up top. The lads played all over the pitch this year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Don't like his attitude and don't think he works hard enough for Rodgers liking. Will be on huge wages also, kind of wages that other players in the Leicester squad would also feel they would rightly be deserving of.

..I always had the feeling you were appreciative of the way he conducted himself with the speculations last season!!!

I did not get, from your previous posts, that there was any kind of attitude problems surrounding him,  throughout his time there.

Nb.

Total crossed wires. For some reason I believed your response was regarding  Edouard as opposed to Martial.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I always had the feeling you were appreciative of the way he conducted himself with the speculations last season!!!

I did not get, from your previous posts, that there was any kind of attitude problems surrounding him,  throughout his time there.

Nb.

Total crossed wires. For some reason I believed your response was regarding  Edouard as opposed to Martial.

Sorry crossed wires mate, I was talking about Martial not Karamoko.

33 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Booooo

We're never going to sign a Brazilian player are we?

This would have been a great signing for more attacking depth, but given that Porto recently beat Juventus in the Champions League is perhaps not that surprising that he's opted to stay. 

7 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Latest rumour up here re Karamoko Dembele is that he's signed for Ajax.

Cracking move for the lad, all about him now. Not a bad choice in going to a club that's not in a top league but are heavyweights in nurturing talent.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm pretty sure West Ham will be in for him as well meaning we're not getting him for that 

21 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I would like us to put in a bid for Maguire as back up for Big Dan Amartey and Benko.  5 million should do it.

I genuinely believe they’ll persist with him for years inevitably holding them back due to the fact they spunked so much money on him! 80m+ for a cart horse is absolutely criminal... any cb that gets spun and out paced by Laurent Depoitre shouldn’t be anywhere near a club with aspirations of challenging for silverware each season lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incognito said:

Cracking move for the lad, all about him now. Not a bad choice in going to a club that's not in a top league but are heavyweights in nurturing talent.

Yeah next two years are huge for him if he's going to make it at any sort of decent level, his development has really stalled the past couple of years.