Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

I genuinely believe they’ll persist with him for years inevitably holding them back due to the fact they spunked so much money on him! 80m+ for a cart horse is absolutely criminal... any cb that gets spun and out paced by Laurent Depoitre shouldn’t be anywhere near a club with aspirations of challenging for silverware each season lol 

Fuch off. He never got turned. The slow cvnt can’t turn, except in stages and thats more of a manoeuvre. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I think we need another attacking midfielder someone who can see a pass and open up teams that park the bus and as back up to Maddison, maybe someone like Buendia, Cantwell or Gio Reyna's who would cost more though!

...in a transfer window highly influenced by covid our financial position as with other clubs will be greatly reduced!!!

KDH coming back, Sowah fro. Leuven and Tavares will become part of our squad depth. A striker and a free transfer are perhaps all we can afford.

To overcome a team parking the bus requires moving the ball quickly when we have managed to  drag our opponents out of position, but it is a problem we are still struggling to get to grips with that.

23 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I think we need another attacking midfielder someone who can see a pass and open up teams that park the bus and as back up to Maddison, maybe someone like Buendia, Cantwell or Gio Reyna's who would cost more though!

I think this will be position 3 or 4 in the priority of transfer this summer.

1) striker

2) right winger

3) left sided centre half

4) ACM

It all depends on outgoings and what the plans are for Dewsbury-Hall, Sowah and Tavares. All 3 could conceivably be used next season which would suggest another ACM or right winger potentially less of a priority. Likewise selling Choudhury is likely to see us going for someone more defensive minded or box to box such as Sounamare from Lille and then the likelihood of an ACM as well is probably remote.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone who is a right winger and can play in the Maddison role. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We're never going to sign a Brazilian player are we?

This would have been a great signing for more attacking depth, but given that Porto recently beat Juventus in the Champions League is perhaps not that surprising that he's opted to stay. 

Don’t worry Rudders is on it ....

A8DA51CF-1A44-4B6B-99BB-01A26FB68FB8.jpeg

I wonder if this enforced change of system with affect our plans going forward? If we persist with the system the following players weren’t available Sunday:

Ricardo - Wingback 

JJ - Centreback/Wingback 

Maddison - Number 10

Barnes - I think he could play wide, 10 or 9 (in a two)

If 3-4-1-2 is how we continue to play we are possibly only 1 or 2 players short from having a strong squad going into next season

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Still raw but this lad would be fun to watch at the KP.

Really feel BR could develop him into a star.

Great shout mate, I bigged him up on here last week. Looks like he's destined to be a quality player.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

How about Dominic Berardi as a solution to our RW problem. 26yo and still at a mid table Serie A side in Sassuolo, a wonderkid who lost his way in his early 20's and now looking to fulfil his potential now he has matured to his mid 20's.

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/11/domenico-berardi-sassuolo-italy-development-goals-de-zerbi-transfer/

Amazes me that he still hasn’t managed to get a move to one of the bigger Italian clubs, gets linked to them every transfer window yet a move never happens

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

How about Dominic Berardi as a solution to our RW problem. 26yo and still at a mid table Serie A side in Sassuolo, a wonderkid who lost his way in his early 20's and now looking to fulfil his potential now he has matured to his mid 20's.

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/11/domenico-berardi-sassuolo-italy-development-goals-de-zerbi-transfer/

Does sound like the type of player Rodgers and his team likes, would be surprised if we’ve not looked at him.

Edited by LestaLad

On 22/03/2021 at 09:50, 30yroldfox said:

After yesterday’s game would anybody take a chance on Martial? Obviously not having the best time at ManU and rumours they are looking to offload. Broken player with bags of potential, a player that fits the mould Rodgers has spoken about. Confidence player who needs an arm round? 

On over 200k a week at United, they reckon closer to 250k.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Hasn't he previously said he's not interested in a move?

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Have we actually had a link with him yet? I’d love a Zambian. 

I’ve had a Zambian... very good experience I must say. Although I’d love Daka here too lol and I hope he enjoys the experience 

Edited by casablancas

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Are we going to be disappointed this summer?   I see all these names being bandied about but surely we're not going to be spending much dough after posting a £67m loss?

If we qualify for the CL then I'd expect us to spend £50-60m net spend. If we don't then I think it'll be less than £30m

• Like 2

Did some research on @Ric Flair’s new POITRA (player of interest to rave about) Patson Daka... RB Salzburg bought him direct from a Zambian club called Kafue Celtics, about 50ks south of Lusaka.

Their badge seems remarkably... familiar...

123141722_1094684170966070_1852312482337

leicester-city-fc-logo-FD9C3CA26E-seeklo

It’s even the same bloody font!!

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Haha 4