Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Porto don't pay their players much though, hence why Ricardo came to a team in the PL who had just finished 9th. Top whack they'll pay him about 45 bags. If we signed him he'd get a massive signing on fee and an extra 20k a week minimum.

Totally get what you are saying but you know agents  always stick the knife in. Plus, some players just don’t like moving countries.

besides I’d like to think Ricardo saw some nice photos of old John or something...

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

I started the thread.  I had little agenda.  Mainly, I think I had a thought following a game immediately following the transfer window.  My thread picked up on a previous one from  before the transfer window.  I think Ric Flair had started that one.

Please blame Ric Flair.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Porto don't pay their players much though, hence why Ricardo came to a team in the PL who had just finished 9th. Top whack they'll pay him about 45 bags. If we signed him he'd get a massive signing on fee and an extra 20k a week minimum.

Wasn’t puel supposedly a big factor in him joining too? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Nobody seriously thought we were getting Otavio did they? It's like they don't realise we're banned from signing Brazilians.

He’s joining Milan isn’t he? Turned down quite a few clubs by the sound of it. 

11 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Watching the Birmingham vs Reading game and that Olise looks a player.

Would love to have him here 

he certainly fits the type of player we go for and has a very good left foot too, 

id like us to go for him in the summer tbf but doubt we will

15 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Some1 asked about Thomas Henry from Leuven the other day.... seems like he’s twerking for a move to us lol 

Stopped reading at "Leicester are well stocked with strikers..."

• Haha 1

One I'm keeping an eye on is Ludovic Blas from Nantes. Double crucifix earrings like Maddison, left footed attacking midfielder/right winger. Good at pressing and defensive contribution but his main asset is his running and taking players on. 

Watched him twice in recent weeks vs Marseille where he scored and then this week just gone vs PSG where he was brilliant. 

You can imagine Otavio’s thought process. 

Milan - home of fashion, culture, good food, wine, sunshine and regular European football. Hmm

Leicester - home of cheap hosiery, sub culture, dodgy kebabs, stale ale and rain with perhaps the occasional dalliance with European football. Hmmmmmm. 

I wouldn’t find that equation hard to answer if I’m honest. Milan is a fabulous city. 

or - he could stay at Porto which would be weird but hey, perhaps the guy is happy there. 

Edited by ARM1968

Linked again to Orkun Kökçü from Feyenoord after our supposed failed bid for him in January

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-arsenal-viewed-tough-competitors-pl-duo-necessary-cash-tackle-signing/

Leicester and Arsenal pulled into picture for signing – PL duo have ‘necessary cash’ for deal

Leicester City wanted to take Orkun Kökçü in the winter market, but a move never took shape as Feyenoord weren’t in favour of a transfer midway through the season. This was confirmed by the 20-year-old earlier this month.

The Foxes still have the midfielder on their agenda and have now been joined by Arsenal, according to Sport.

Thursday’s edition of the newspaper states Sevilla sporting director Monchi has included Kökçü in his plans for the next market.

Feyenoord are going through a tough phase financially and the Europa League winners could take advantage of the Dutch club’s situation.

It won’t be easy for Sevilla because the competition to acquire the Turkey international’s services is ‘tough’ since Brendan Rodgers’ side and the Gunners have also ‘set their eyes’ on him.

Sport further adds the two Premier League sides have ‘necessary cash’ to ‘tackle’ the signing, with Leeds United in the same situation. (I think Leeds being in here may be a typo?)

Kökçü signed a new contract until 2025 in the last week of January. The new deal will not stop him leaving Feyenoord and was done with an intention to help his club financially.

“I have a contract until 2025 but the situation has changed. The club has been very clear about the financial situation and it is clear that it is not good, so if a club comes with a good proposal for me and the entity can enter a good amount, I imagine that they will be listened to,” he admitted earlier this month.

The report relays claims made in the Netherlands that Feyenoord are ready to sanction Kökçü’s sale in the summer for a figure close to €20m, an amount reasonable for Arsenal and Leicester.

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

he certainly fits the type of player we go for and has a very good left foot too, 

id like us to go for him in the summer tbf but doubt we will

He looks ideal. Looks an intelligent player (and we know BR loves them) and finds space so easily. Could easily play wide, number 10 or in the Youri role so also has the flexibility that fits our styles 

9 hours ago, Sly said:

He’s joining Milan isn’t he? Turned down quite a few clubs by the sound of it. 

Otavio and Thauvin both seem more like AC Milan like signings to me. I see us signing players a bit more like Faivre. Faivre would be a very Leicester signing I think - lower profile but plenty of reason to think he'll be a success.