Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Oil clubs are going to be able to spend some ridiculous money

Undesirable for sure, but transparency at last.

No way we are going to sale Ricky P, in the current market, with the injury he has just had and he's current form.

No club is going to come in with a big numbers at the moment.

People forget the fees we received for  Chilwell, Maguire were boosted by the English premium.

Never sell you assets in a buyer's market.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It might not change our targets but it will change how many we can bring in.

£30m basically for being in the group stages all things considered. Maybe a little less for English sides as they need to share the TV pot, whereas in Scotland one team tends to have all of that.

The better you perform in the groups and the further you go in the competiton the greater the financial rewards obviously.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Didn't know that about Paulo. Thats a shame. Mingueza I had never heard of until today (saw his name a few time on FM) when I came across him and he looks like a Rolls Royce of a CB. 

Seen quite a bit of him this season, he's still quite raw but defintely has a lot of good attributes, big and strong, a threat in both boxes, decent turn of pace and like any Barcelona academy graduate can use the ball well. I'd be amazed though if he didn't sign a new contract with Barcelona soon though given how much he has featured this season. He's decent at right back also.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, they have the platform to get players that British clubs are restricted to getting as well. Can pluck any non-European player from small academies and clubs and have no issue with work permits.

Very true.  Despite Austria having racists tendencies, I can certainly vouch from experience that obtaining Visas and Work Permits is not usually problematic.

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Sankey93 is clearly an academy RB and sees no way into the first team if he's there... :ph34r:

Ricky hasn’t been the same which is understandable. Castagne is better on the right side and getting a decent amount for Ricky would let us get a left sided player. We have not really missed Ricky either 

4 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Ricky hasn’t been the same which is understandable. Castagne is better on the right side and getting a decent amount for Ricky would let us get a left sided player. We have not really missed Ricky either 

Castagne has been better than Pereira this season.

Castagne couldn't lace 2020 Pereira's boots. He was on another planet. I for one am gonna give him more than 8 PL starts in 2021 before writing him off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't see why we wouldn't with CL qualification. Look at what that pulls in. But to be honest maybe we don't need to spend that but I think they'd be prepared to, all depends how much value there will be out there this summer. PL clubs will still get held over a barrel by European clubs who are struggling as they know we are awash with more money than them regardless of the problems. 

Debt and losses is why we wouldn't, plus the money isn't guaranteed other than the £15m you get for competing in the group stage, the market pool % and the coefficient.  

We've got naff all coefficient so get screwed out of money someone like Chelsea would get if they got in, so we'd get about £1-5m compared to £20-£30m they'd get right off the bat.

Half the Market pool payment varies wildly depending on where we finish in the league eg. 2nd gets 30%, 4th gets 10%. Then the other half of the market pool depends on how many games you play. So finishing 2nd is important for a few reasons. 

You need to progress and get wins to get the cash. £2.7m for a win, 900k for a draw, reach round of 16 £9.5m etc

All in all, you can only really budget for about £30m, as the rest isn't guaranteed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Debt and losses is why we wouldn't, plus the money isn't guaranteed other than the £15m you get for competing in the group stage, the market pool % and the coefficient.  

We've got naff all coefficient so get screwed out of money someone like Chelsea would get if they got in, so we'd get about £1-5m compared to £20-£30m they'd get right off the bat.

Half the Market pool payment varies wildly depending on where we finish in the league eg. 2nd gets 30%, 4th gets 10%. Then the other half of the market pool depends on how many games you play. So finishing 2nd is important for a few reasons. 

You need to progress and get wins to get the cash. £2.7m for a win, 900k for a draw, reach round of 16 £9.5m etc

All in all, you can only really budget for about £30m, as the rest isn't guaranteed. 

Good points. Player bonuses usually quite hefty also on the back of CL qualification/participation.

Not a link as such, just suggesting that we should keep an eye on Trincao due to the system Koeman has Barcelona playing, and with him being our main target and how hard we pushed for him before going for Under

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-serious-chance-signing-foxes-held-three-meetings-failed-can-now-go/

Leicester with serious chance for signing – Foxes held ‘three meetings’, failed, can now go again

On August 6th, we covered claims from Spain that Leicester City had been making efforts to sign Francisco Trincão, but Barcelona had ‘no intention of accepting any offer’.

At that point the 21-year-old hadn’t played a game for the Blaugrana, with them having signed him from SC Braga and awaiting his summer arrival.

Shortly after that, a Catalan report statedLeicester’s interest was ‘so constant’ that the Foxes had held ‘three meetings’ with Barcelona. This was done with the intention of ‘trying to change’ the Catalan club’s mind on Trincão.

It didn’t work.

A few weeks after, it was reported in Italy that having given up on signing Trincão, Leicester had turned their attention to Cengiz Ünder, who they eventually signed on loan from AS Roma.

That move hasn’t gone very well, and in Rome the media are expecting the player to be sent back to Italy at the end of the season.

Leicester City could now be given a chance to get Trincão, who it seems was their preferred target last summer. El Confidencial report that a ‘system change’ from Ronald Koeman means the player just doesn’t fit in with Barcelona’s style right now.

Therefore, a summer exit is on the cards, with it stated the Premier League is a potential destination. Given the summer claims about Leicester, and Ünder failing to shine, this is certainly a potential signing to keep an eye on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not a link as such, just suggesting that we should keep an eye on Trincao due to the system Koeman has Barcelona playing, and with him being our main target and how hard we pushed for him before going for Under

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-serious-chance-signing-foxes-held-three-meetings-failed-can-now-go/

Leicester with serious chance for signing – Foxes held ‘three meetings’, failed, can now go again

On August 6th, we covered claims from Spain that Leicester City had been making efforts to sign Francisco Trincão, but Barcelona had ‘no intention of accepting any offer’.

At that point the 21-year-old hadn’t played a game for the Blaugrana, with them having signed him from SC Braga and awaiting his summer arrival.

Shortly after that, a Catalan report statedLeicester’s interest was ‘so constant’ that the Foxes had held ‘three meetings’ with Barcelona. This was done with the intention of ‘trying to change’ the Catalan club’s mind on Trincão.

It didn’t work.

A few weeks after, it was reported in Italy that having given up on signing Trincão, Leicester had turned their attention to Cengiz Ünder, who they eventually signed on loan from AS Roma.

That move hasn’t gone very well, and in Rome the media are expecting the player to be sent back to Italy at the end of the season.

Leicester City could now be given a chance to get Trincão, who it seems was their preferred target last summer. El Confidencial report that a ‘system change’ from Ronald Koeman means the player just doesn’t fit in with Barcelona’s style right now.

Therefore, a summer exit is on the cards, with it stated the Premier League is a potential destination. Given the summer claims about Leicester, and Ünder failing to shine, this is certainly a potential signing to keep an eye on.

Under wanks high in Wome.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It didn’t work.

He’s does look like a decent player! We tend to re visit transfer targets so if he was available I’d be surprised if we weren’t in the mix for him

Club are asking for €8m for Ghezzal, probably going to end up being €5m with some clauses on top with his contract ending next year

http://sportwitness.co.uk/no-discount-offered-by-leicester-to-sell-happy-player-club-to-continue-contacts-with-foxes/

‘No discount’ offered by Leicester to sell ‘happy’ player – Club to ‘continue contacts’ with Foxes

Brendan Rodgers has not included Rachid Ghezzal in his plans at Leicester City and the situation has seen the winger go out on loan since the start of last season.

After completing a temporary spell at Fiorentina, the Foxes allowed the 28-year-old join Beşiktaş on a loan deal last October.

The Algeria international has flourished in Turkey, managing a goal and 13 assists in 21 league [20 starts] appearances this campaign. His impressive displays have helped him regain his place in the national team.

Ghezzal is delighted that his performances for Beşiktaş aren’t going unnoticed.

”First of all, I’m very happy to be back with the group, it’s been a while since I’ve been called up but now that it’s going well in the club, I’m naturally back in selection,” Compétition quoted him as saying.

“At Besiktas, I’m happy. At this club, I have thrived as evidenced by my statistics and consistently good performances.”

There seems to be a desire from the Süper Lig side to retain the Algerian beyond his loan spell. That’s according to Takvim, who say a ‘difficult process awaits’ for Beşiktaş to sign Gheezal on a permanent deal.

With a contract expiring in 2022, Leicester are demanding €8m to let the player leave. During the last meeting between the two sides, ‘no discount’ was offered by the English club.

The ‘contacts will continue’ between Beşiktaş and Leicester.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We earnt £75m when we got to the QF in 2016/17, weirdly more than the winners Real Madrid.

I get the point about only likely to be guaranteed about £30m but qualifying for the last 16 probably pays for a £20-30m in wins/draws in the group stage sufficient to qualify, last 16 prize money + distribution of the market pool. The club may well view the necessity in improving the squad will give a better chance of further prize money to cover it and beyond.

It doesn't seem the club are that concerned by the losses, we've approached a point where we are on the cusp of properly being part of the top 6 and giving ourselves a platform to maintain that and stay there. If that costs a significant amount to ensure that then they'll do it with the caveat that were it to fail and we don't keep qualifying for Europe that we can sell 1-2 high value players to soften the blow. 

Anyway, we don't need that much. The market might throw up some real value and a net spend of £20-30m might be workable to improve this squad still for a campaign of trying to get top 6 again and compete in the CL but I don't think the club will be as cautious as our fans seem to be predicting. 

@Ric FlairI think renewal of contracts will eat into our budget heavily, and remember we already are at wages being 107% of revenue. Barnes and Tielemans are believed to be closing on on new deals, and I'd imagine Ricardo, Soyuncu, Nacho, Justin, Albrighton would be in line for extensions over the next 12 months too. Plus we have stadium improvements to pay for on top of that! Compare us to Spurs under Poch, they never signed that many players as most of their money was tied up in their new stadium and keeping their stars at the club.

I think we will spend more than they did, but our net spend this season was only 10m. I can't see us going above 30m even if bagged Champions League qualification personally.

That said, the club has been brilliant over the last 5 years, and the 10m net spend this season was hugely effective, even with one of those players not doing so much for us. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Ric FlairI think renewal of contracts will eat into our budget heavily, and remember we already are at wages being 107% of revenue. Barnes and Tielemans are believed to be closing on on new deals, and I'd imagine Ricardo, Soyuncu, Nacho, Justin, Albrighton would be in line for extensions over the next 12 months too. Plus we have stadium improvements to pay for on top of that! Compare us to Spurs under Poch, they never signed that many players as most of their money was tied up in their new stadium and keeping their stars at the club.

I think we will spend more than they did, but our net spend this season was only 10m. I can't see us going above 30m even if bagged Champions League qualification personally.

That said, the club has been brilliant over the last 5 years, and the 10m net spend this season was hugely effective, even with one of those players not doing so much for us. 

It was only 107% because of the heavily reduced turnover. It would have been 80-90% but it is still high and is the cost of an ambitious club like us trying to pursue the gravy train of the top 4.

I think the club have a conundrum on their hands in regard to commercial revenue streams. They've in the past ignored this and kept KP as the sponsors of everything but I can't help but feel the " Thailand Smiles With You " initiative is a clue in to what our owners might be moving towards. We will need to keep having the club propped up whilst we close the gap on income streams between ourselves and the rest of the top 6. It will be nigh on impossible to get close to them but we can improve to the point that we aren't spending way above our means.

However with relaxed FFP, the club have more room to manoeuvre. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was only 107% because of the heavily reduced turnover. It would have been 80-90% but it is still high and is the cost of an ambitious club like us trying to pursue the gravy train of the top 4.

I think the club have a conundrum on their hands in regard to commercial revenue streams. They've in the past ignored this and kept KP as the sponsors of everything but I can't help but feel the " Thailand Smiles With You " initiative is a clue in to what our owners might be moving towards. We will need to keep having the club propped up whilst we close the gap on income streams between ourselves and the rest of the top 6. It will be nigh on impossible to get close to them but we can improve to the point that we aren't spending way above our means.

If anything, doesn't the "Thaliand Smiles With You" campaign reinforce the notion that the traditional KP approach may be here to stay a bit longer?

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Going deep into European competition, even if it is the EL on a regular basis would be the most obvious added revenue stream. Wages to turnover ratio of even 80-90% to me doesn't seem sustainable and/or wise.

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Going deep into European competition, even if it is the EL on a regular basis would be the most obvious added revenue stream. Wages to turnover ratio of even 80-90% to me doesn't seem sustainable and/or wise.

It's not ideal but without bringing in an extra £30-50m a season from European football or sponsorships then it's impossible to remain top 6 and not be spending £150m a season on wages minimum. 

• Like 3

Another player we have tried to sign previously - William Carvalho meant to be available this summer

http://sportwitness.co.uk/wolves-leicester-moved-portugal-international-club-need-big-sale-summer-tussle-cards/

Wolves and Leicester ‘most moved’ by Portugal international – Club need ‘big sale’, summer tussle on the cards

Leicester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers are the club’s most ‘moved’ to make a bid for Real Betis midfielder William Carvalho this summer.

That’s according to Estadio Deportivo, who say the Spanish club would prefer to sell the Portuguese midfielder ahead of other players in the squad.

The website explains that Betis need a ‘big sale’ this summer to cover a big salary gap in their finances, which have been hit, like all football clubs all over the world, by the Coronavirus pandemic.

That’s led club chief Antonio Cordón and his superiors to look at the market with ‘calculators in hand’ and work out who can be sold.

They’re already facing interest in several stars, such as Guido Rodríguez, who has been linked to Arsenal and also scouted by Liverpool.

The club, though, would ‘prefer’ to part with other footballers, and the name at the top of that list is Carvalho.

He has interest from Benfica but also in the Premier League, with Leicester and Wolves the ones who ‘were most moved’ by the midfielder.

Now, there is no mention of either club pushing forward with a bid or anything of that nature here, but it’s not the first time both have been linked.

Leicester’s interest goes back nearly two years and was extremely strong in the summer when they saw a bid rejected as it was deemed ‘insufficient’.

Wolves, meanwhile, presumably have an interest courtesy of their links with Jorge Mendes, and back in February, it was claimed they had ‘returned to the charge’ for the player.

That has seemingly not died down and with Betis now keen to sell, this summer could be the chance for them and Leicester to finally get their man.

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

If anything, doesn't the "Thaliand Smiles With You" campaign reinforce the notion that the traditional KP approach may be here to stay a bit longer?

It will be interesting to see next years accounts I’m still convinced this was some elaborate scheme for increasing sponsorship revenue without appearing to do so

• Like 2

With rumours of Amazon and Leicester investing in the Ivanhoe line connecting leicester to the Amazon Coalville hub! I’d love it if they got chatting and discussed a sponsorship deal. Huge company and would look smart on our shirts ! Not that they need advertising lol

Edited by Heymister2015

16 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

With rumours of Amazon and Leicester investing in the Ivanhoe line connecting leicester to the Amazon Coalville hub! I’d love it if they got chatting and discussed a sponsorship deal. Huge company and would look smart on our shirts ! Not that they need advertising lol

Whoa where have you heard this about the ivanhoe line?! Absolute game changer if true?