Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He doesn't like to put it about a bit at all, he's the opposite type of striker to that.

Dembele was that type of striker, Edouard is far removed from that.

I'm sure Brendan can turn him into a cross between Drogba and a slightly less crazy Costa. At least that's my dream striker.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/man-united-made-first-contacts-leicester-star-really-like-sign-fee-close-80m/

Manchester United have been one of the more regular names featured on the centre-back market this season, and Wesley Fofana haw caught their eye.

It’s stated they ‘would really like to sign’ the 20-year-old, and while ‘first contacts’ have already taken place, the next steps will be complicated.

Foot Mercato explain that following their decision to spend around £80m on Maguire back in the day, it’s said ‘a similar sum’ would be needed from Manchester United to ‘convince the Foxes’.

As they point out, that’s not the easiest fee to put together during the ongoing Covid-19 financial crisis, but that isn’t stopping the Red Devils from following Fofana ‘with attention’.

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/man-united-made-first-contacts-leicester-star-really-like-sign-fee-close-80m/

Manchester United have been one of the more regular names featured on the centre-back market this season, and Wesley Fofana haw caught their eye.

It’s stated they ‘would really like to sign’ the 20-year-old, and while ‘first contacts’ have already taken place, the next steps will be complicated.

Foot Mercato explain that following their decision to spend around £80m on Maguire back in the day, it’s said ‘a similar sum’ would be needed from Manchester United to ‘convince the Foxes’.

As they point out, that’s not the easiest fee to put together during the ongoing Covid-19 financial crisis, but that isn’t stopping the Red Devils from following Fofana ‘with attention’.

😅😅😅😅  idiot hacks.

32 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm really not sure at all mate but like you allude to I think there'll be more of an onus on us now to try and develop a couple of more Tierney and McGregor's if we're going to get anywhere.

The issue with that is fans. 

I think that because Rangers and Celtuc are in a culture where they have to win every week, too much can be expected of young players to have that mentality and ability from day dot. 

Off the tip of my head, I can think of a fair few players from the Rangers side alone who had to leave to get that breathing space where they could grow into the players they had the potential to be. Charlie Adam, John Fleck, Alan Hutton..... they got dogs abuse by the Ibrox crowd because the fans didn't have patience with them. I'm sure you can think of some from the East end of Glasgow too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Chelsea will be asking top dollar for Tammy I think. He obviously doesn't fit into Tuchel's plans though.

I'd imagine 30-40 million? Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that.

Worth it if I'm right though

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Sorry to be a pedant but big and aggressive is one of the last ways I'd describe Edouard. He's not really an aggressive player at all.

I agree with you about Edouard. I sometimes wonder where people come up with these opinions .  He hasn't looked too interested this season, is that due to the club not playing too well under Lennon ?

Just watched a ( highly selective) video of Edouard in action and lightweight he ain't. In fact he can hold the ball up very well and couples that with real pace. He won't find it anything like as easy down here of course but he certainly has the chops to be a real asset to us.

Edited by An Sionnach

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The issue with that is fans. 

I think that because Rangers and Celtuc are in a culture where they have to win every week, too much can be expected of young players to have that mentality and ability from day dot. 

Off the tip of my head, I can think of a fair few players from the Rangers side alone who had to leave to get that breathing space where they could grow into the players they had the potential to be. Charlie Adam, John Fleck, Alan Hutton..... they got dogs abuse by the Ibrox crowd because the fans didn't have patience with them. I'm sure you can think of some from the East end of Glasgow too. 

Yeah that's a fair point mate. Was less pressure I guess when guys like Tierney and McGregor first emerged after Rangers died. A more forgivng environment essentially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I agree with you about Edouard. I sometimes wonder where people come up with these opinions .  He hasn't looked too interested this season, is that due to the club not playing too well under Lennon ?

It's a mix of things really, I think covid hit him hard, he visibly lost a lot of weight. Then when he came back to fitness we were in the midst of a Lennon inspired meltdown. His attitude could have been better no doubt but Lennon sucked the energy out of our squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I wonder how much we will spend.

Hamza: £10m / Benkovic: ? / Ghezzal: £5m / Morgan: £0 / Fuchs: £0 / Jakupovic: £0m.... Can also see us shifting Mendy (£5-10m?) on if we get Soumare. 

+ Some others im sure i have missed. 

I'd imagine a lot will depend on CL or not.

General are spend has been 20m + sales.

With CL league I can see us spending around 50m + sales

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I wonder how much we will spend.

Hamza: £10m / Benkovic: ? / Ghezzal: £5m / Morgan: £0 / Fuchs: £0 / Jakupovic: £0m.... Can also see us shifting Mendy (£5-10m?) on if we get Soumare. 

+ Some others im sure i have missed. 

Also Silva, Slimani Gray have gone off the books during the season.

The club possibly have the 20 million they thought was going to be for the Under transfer too.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Just watched a ( highly selective) video of Edouard in action and lightweight he ain't. In fact he can hold the ball up very well and couples that with real pace. He won't find it anything like as easy down here of course but he certainly has the chops to be a real asset to us.

I think that deal might be already done bar the announcement at the end of the season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

£160m and you're talking 

Not for me. Cags & Little Wes are untouchable !!

Cags has ten years at the top level & Fofana has 15. 

They are the basis of a Champions league team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Realistically fofana is too expensive for them at this stage. We took a huge punt at 40m, that's not the kind of thing you do imo if you're buying to sell. Has to be 100 mil worth if he keeps playing so well.

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Not for me. Cags & Little Wes are untouchable !!

Cags has ten years at the top level & Fofana has 15. 

They are the basis of a Champions league team.

For 160 million I'll get on a plane for England and drive Fofana to Manchester myself.  And I'm a FoFan.

• Haha 1