Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

Pretty reliable as he gets his info direct from players/clubs agents. I read elsewhere Abraham is after 180k p/w to sign a new contract which is crazy money for him 

Think he just needs to go somewhere, preferably in this country, and start games.

Must have his eye on his international football prospects. I'd say if we get top 4 and CL then a deal is possible.

• Like 2

It depends what level of club Abraham attracts, if it's no better than us then £30m tops.

He has two years left on his contract and if he is unwanted at Chelsea then it's a buyers market.

Also if it is no better than us then his wage demands will have to be significantly lower than £180k a week. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It depends what level of club Abraham attracts, if it's no better than us then £30m tops.

He has two years left on his contract and if he is unwanted at Chelsea then it's a buyers market.

Also if it is no better than us then his wage demands will have to be significantly lower than £180k a week. 

I think where Chelsea finish is also a factor; as they may want more options for rotation and indeed have the greater budget to keep players if in more competitions.

You do feel that some attacking players must have to leave the club though. 

I posted months ago that whichever attacking option they discard would be good for us at the right price. Abraham and Giroud looked the likely 2 to leave under Lampard. We will see what Tuchel does in the summer; but I'm sure we'll be watching closely.

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

Smokescreen for Edouard, can’t see how financially we can afford him unless he and Chelsea make huge financial compromises?

Agreed. And Chelsea wouldn't sell to us anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

We dont have to sell to them again if they want another of our players.

I still dont see us getting abraham though. Seems a bit much for our club right now.

9 minutes ago, sdb said:

Of course they would, that only applies to elite players.

Would we refuse to sell Perez, Choudhury or Praet to Everton or Tottenham, of course we wouldn't.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, turlo said:

Pretty reliable as he gets his info direct from players/clubs agents. I read elsewhere Abraham is after 180k p/w to sign a new contract which is crazy money for him 

Can't see it unless it's a loan deal. 

Yeah after years of windows you get when your names being tagged in! Edouard is the one cheaper and no worse for sure! I’m praying Fofana, Edouard, Soumare, Faivre are talking about being a band of brothers and Wesley raving about the training ground/stadium expansion etc 

• Like 1

If we really are interested in Edouard and hes had serious Covid... than that is going to be one serious medical he's going to have to pass. Lots of long term side effects as a result of the illness. Lots of ramifications for any deal 

....having not seen too much of Abrahams, but watched him a few years back, he needed a fair few chances to score!!!

Being at Chelsea reminds me of Nacho and the services around him at Man. City, with chances being created on a regular basis. Not sure how he would cope with having to forage and link with the team who are having difficulty breaking down stubborn defences.

I suspect he will have priced himself out of certain clubs and I cannot see us overspending and based on previous viewings, it is a no.