Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Fofana certainly hit the ground running and his ease of settling into the Premier league has no doubt accelerated the process in which we sell him for a BIG profit.

Maguire is the bench mark at 80 million but fofana isn't long out of his teens and its unlikely he will go for less than that.

Hope we keep him happy so he doesn't want to leave therefore weakening our position to demand upwards of 100 million:banana:

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

For 160 million I'll get on a plane for England and drive Fofana to Manchester myself.  And I'm a FoFan.

Money is not the issue here and there are too many on here who think of football as a glorified Exchange & Mart. £160m might be a head-turner for all the London media and give a semi to all Yanited's teenage plastics, but, unlike Slabhead and Chilly, who have been straightforward to replace, Fofana represents everything the Club and us fans aspire to. He has a contract, he has much still to learn and he needs a period of stability and we need him.

United represent all that is wrong about modern football and modern society. They are owned by an American family whose interests lie in utilising massive loans to asset-strip companies which actually produce something tangible and want to establish a solid, long-term reputation for doing just that. .

In a sense this is what United do - find a team which has the intention of going places, with players whose commitment is to being part of that, and use loadsamoney to weaken the team while adding to their huge roster of players. Having a glance at Chelsea's loan list reveals they have thirty (yes, 30) at other clubs. 

The Premier isn't a competition - it's a closed shop pretending to be competition. I'd hoped that, after '15-'16 those people who loved football would welcome a club which was bucking the trend. Now we seem to have a rep as the club that can sell off their 'best' players whilst almost achieving  something. But even that cannot last if we keep on selling those players who are vital to maintaining our competitiveness at the highest level.

My message to any of them would be to thank them for their interest in L'il Wes, but to find their own way out - which is a nice way of saying **** off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fofana won't go this season, it is the usual tabloid media creating a circus, because they just make things up, or have contacts with agents who want to create a story to get their player a better contract.  Manu Petit was giving his opinion on Fofana last week on a French sport channel, he said that Fofana is at the best club for him at the moment for his development, but will move in a year or two.  I think most sensible fans on here will agree with that, although I don't like it, but we know it will happen.  I would be more worried about Soyuncu going this year than Fofana.

14 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Fofana won't go this season, it is the usual tabloid media creating a circus, because they just make things up, or have contacts with agents who want to create a story to get their player a better contract.  Manu Petit was giving his opinion on Fofana last week on a French sport channel, he said that Fofana is at the best club for him at the moment for his development, but will move in a year or two.  I think most sensible fans on here will agree with that, although I don't like it, but we know it will happen.  I would be more worried about Soyuncu going this year than Fofana.

Fofana has started very well with us and technically looks very sound for such a young CB but has rarely played without Jonny alongside him. When he and Soyuncu play as a pair ,we will then see how good he can be. It will be a couple of years before he can show he can command our defence. Let's not put too much pressure on the kid.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

New contract for fofana incoming is my guess

Which will make no difference in the timing of his eventual sale.  If he plays at this level or with the expected improvement for a kid his age next season, I'd expect that to be summer of 2022.

37 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Just watched the Leicester vs PSG goals from pre season 2016 (dont ask) and didnt realise Edouard played and scored against us

Our friend Muzzy from over the border suggests that a bad dose of Covid might have affected his form, so lately his form may not truly represent his quality. Whether that affects his value I don't know. We need another striker for sure and we need another type. He looks to me to have a remarkable amount of pace for a big man. When you look back at Thierry Henry that combination of size and pace can be irresistible.

14 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I do have the feeling we’ll be having a mini French Revolution, Edouard and Soumare... just the right mid to try and sort out AGAIN 

As players who fit that mould are rare ( and expensive) we will have to get by with Pereira and Casteigne and that is a problem that most teams would wish they had.

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Would take him all day long. Doubt Chelsea will want to sell to us but if they did it would be for a lot. 

As direct rivals they would add 20 million to the fee. If he wants more regular starts then its across the channel.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Interest in Tammy Abraham. Fabrizio is reliable isn't he?

Pretty reliable as he gets his info direct from players/clubs agents. I read elsewhere Abraham is after 180k p/w to sign a new contract which is crazy money for him