Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Maddison injury update?

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s not like we’ve got a good record when he doesn’t take them though is it 

Haha no true we don’t have a good record full stop. In fairness I think mixing it up a bit like we have been doing recently will help. Was more a tongue in cheek reference to the common opinion on FT of Madders corners. 

7 hours ago, les-tah said:

Brendan says he was fine post match just precautionary... So I’m fully expecting him to be injured for 2 months.

Worryingly true. It's his biggest blind spot. Always fear the worst with any injuries like it nowadays as what feels initially like 2 weeks becomes 2 months. Castagne's spent 60% of his time at Leicester 'one week away'.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just you wait, I'll never let any of you live it down when he tears it up here.

I would absolutely love that to happen ! We are not going to convince him to stay if we don't play him. Rodgers does have a history of giving young players a chance so let's hope.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just you wait, I'll never let any of you live it down when he tears it up here.

something just doesn't seem quite right with Tavares... If he has all the ability that is claimed yet can't get a look in under a manager who isn't afraid to try the youth out then there has to surely be an issue behind the scenes, attitude maybe?

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

something just doesn't seem quite right with Tavares... If he has all the ability that is claimed yet can't get a look in under a manager who isn't afraid to try the youth out then there has to surely be an issue behind the scenes, attitude maybe?

The impression that I had is that the ability you referred to is talked of in terms of potential. Brendan very likely doesn't feel that he's ready yet at this level. It's likely that simple. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

The impression that I had is that the ability you referred to is talked of in terms of potential. Brendan very likely doesn't feel that he's ready yet at this level. It's likely that simple. 

yea, and the problem is we're relying on word of mouth for and against I suppose

Not like Brendan don't know what he's on about, especially with young players. Probably a tale of an agent telling Tavares he's ready and he can get him a move, Tavares putting that on to Rodgers and Rodgers, dimplimatically saying you need to wait, develop etc I don't know??? I just hope if he is as good as everyone makes out, he sticks it out, even if it means accepting a loan somewhere and shines for us in a year or two

19 minutes ago, Simonb said:

A lot of the great players were and are a bit difficult to handle. Maybe he just believes in himself a bit too much for British tastes. Or maybe Rodgers doesn’t think he’s all that. Be nice to see though. It’s possible the lad is mustard, but English or Dijon - that’s the question. 

Edited by ARM1968

22 minutes ago, Simonb said:

He's now part of the first team squad. Name a youngster that Rodgers has given a chance to without there being a decimation of first team players in their position? 

Trust me, there's no issue with his ability, there was a complete impasse between club and players representatives over a new deal and there now seems to be one last push from the club to get him first team ready and hope he signs a new deal. His attitude isn't necessarily poor but his languid style might be the worry and I imagine these last few weeks they've really hammered him to see if he can cope and it seems like he can from what I'm hearing. Kolo Toure absolutely loves him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

A lot of the great players were and are a bit difficult to handle. Maybe he just believes in himself a bit too much for British tastes. Or maybe Rodgers doesn’t think he’s all that. Be nice to see though. It’s possible the lad is mustard, but English or Dijon - that’s the question. 

spot on. personally, I think the other 10 lads on the field should have enough about them to get him through 90mins against someone like Prague so I would love to see him in Madders place rather than Under to be honest.... For me, although not consistent game time, I've seen enough of Under to just not believe he fits in to our team dynamic... Reminds me too much of Gray.... runs with the ball, beats a man, has a few tricks, gets to the edge of the area and has no idea what to do and just smashes it

Yes, every once in a blue moon one will go in, just like Gray v United, yes he will hit a purple patch, as did Gray when a new manager would start him, then they just drift off... to me it's pretty clear Under will be jetting back off to Rome in the summer, so try out Sidnei ---- won't happen though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's now part of the first team squad. Name a youngster that Rodgers has given a chance to without there being a decimation of first team players in their position? 

Trust me, there's no issue with his ability, there was a complete impasse between club and players representatives over a new deal and there now seems to be one last push from the club to get him first team ready and hope he signs a new deal. His attitude isn't necessarily poor but his languid style might be the worry and I imagine these last few weeks they've really hammered him to see if he can cope and it seems like he can from what I'm hearing. Kolo Toure absolutely loves him.

Yea, wasn't slating the lad, just saying there must be something going on.... hope it's what you say.

I know a few people that throw his name into the hat on occasions... I would like to see what the lad could, and I've given up on Cengiz all together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Tavares has shown quality whenever I've watched him, it's just his aptitude that let's him down. Now that hes in the first team hopefully he'll knuckle down. He'll have Morgan and schmeichel to have words with if he slacks!

On a separate subject ric did you hear of that U7-U23 development coach of 19 years employment that's now left? Any reason why if so? 

• Like 1