Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

Honestly not sure why people are losing their s**t over the team. (If the leaked one is correct which I suspect it will be).

Looks to me about the strongest we could put out.  And please stop with the obsession with Under, the bloke is complete toss.  I love how people constantly want him in the side and question Brendans decision to not play him!!  Pretty sure Brendan and his staff see him in training every day and realised long ago he is complete toss.  Worst thing that will happen with him will be in one of his sub appearances he will do the usual cut inside and try a shot from 35 yards and one time it will fly in.  My god the numpties will be out in force saying we should have played him all season completly ignoring the previous 483 times he tried it and it was blocked or broke down a good move we had.

• Haha 1

We can't afford to throw this game for any reason. The players that are playing need a win more than they know. Its about belief and determination. without our first 11 fully fit and firing on all cylinders we are not going to win any of these games at a canter. We can however win them if we put the graft in and grind out the results. On the day if we show more hunger than the opposition it will tip the balance. If we turn up to a pity party than the game is already over. More than anything I will be judging Rogers and his coaching staff on how they set the players up now to succeed and their powers of motivation. Our performance today will say it all for the full 90 min. The going is getting tough so its time to step up foxes! 2-0 win :chant:  

So many weird things.

Castagne playing right and Ricardo playing left, despite both playing on the opposite sides last year.

We've seen Tielemans looks awful pushed further forwards as he's best dictating play from deeper.

Mendy and Hamza will just look to pass to the back three. 

The front 2 are gonna be isolated.

• Sad 2

Just now, TamworthFoxes said:

Honestly not sure why people are losing their s**t over the team. (If the leaked one is correct which I suspect it will be).

Looks to me about the strongest we could put out.  And please stop with the obsession with Under, the bloke is complete toss.  I love how people constantly want him in the side and question Brendans decision to not play him!!  Pretty sure Brendan and his staff see him in training every day and realised long ago he is complete toss.  Worst thing that will happen with him will be in one of his sub appearances he will do the usual cut inside and try a shot from 35 yards and one time it will fly in.  My god the numpties will be out in force saying we should have played him all season completly ignoring the previous 483 times he tried it and it was blocked or broke down a good move we had.

Id ignore the comments on the team, if Tavares and Under were starting as false 9’s the Foxestalk mob would be creaming their pants

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This is true! It is very fluid. But it doesn’t look to bad to me, considering the injuries 

My simple question is where do you see the attacking patterns forming and where do our goals come from.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

My simple question is where do you see the attacking patterns forming and where do our goals come from.

Mate, I’m not the manager, and this isn’t my suggestion of formation 😂

I was just pointing out that these 11 players listed by sfe could line up like this!

1 minute ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Can you describe to me how that team creates chances? Talk me through some scenarios and how it plays out.

I'll tell you how it plays out. We'll pass it around a lot between thr 3 CB's, there'll be absolutely nothing linking the midfield and the attack and even Tielemans exceptional ability at putting balls through teams will be nullified as Burnley will be very deep to cut off the only plausible route we have of causing any danger from open play.

They'll take the lead in the 1st half and then we'll have to make substitutions to drastically change it as there's no flexibility in that line up. It's just revolting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

We’ll have to be more direct but I guess that’s why there’s two of them up there. It is a fairly negative team selection but push the wingbacks nice and high, get one of the midfielders up with the two forwards and we will create a few chances. Won’t be vintage Leicester but we’ve got two very good finishers up there and a very solid base to build on at the back. Don’t think tonight will be a classic lol

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Brendan is clearly worried about Woods winning Headers in the Box which is why he's playing Wilf at CB. 

Ricardo on the right wing and two strikers is positive. I'm warming to the lineup.

There's only one of him.

• Haha 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Mate, I’m not the manager, and this isn’t my suggestion of formation 😂

I was just pointing out that these 11 players listed by sfe could line up like this!

Hahaha! Come on mate, help me out here, I'm hoping you can tell me why it looks decent and what I'm missing lol 

I love the meltdown on here as if anyone expected Brendan to just magic Leo Messi in at 10 or something.

It is what it is. Burnley are shite. The core of their side is probably worse than the players we've got coming in.

There's more than enough talent in Ricardo Pereira alone to beat Burnley. Just depends if we turn up or not. 

Also: We could get beat 14-0 tonight and we'd still be in the top 4. Euros are 100 days away. June 21st we're out of lockdown. Days getting brighter. Cheer up everyone :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Id ignore the comments on the team, if Tavares and Under were starting as false 9’s the Foxestalk mob would be creaming their pants

But you must understand the difference? Both players are creative and add a balance to a team that should then cause a very workmanlike Burnley side problems. Going 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders just let's them off the hook and gives them the opportunity to work on what they are good at which is sitting deep and letting us playing ourselves in to trouble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Will be a 3-4-1-2 surely. 

Ricardo & Castagne as wing backs. Tielemans just in front of the two holding. 

Fancy us for a 2-0 win here. 

Castgane and Ricardo have to be selective and not cavalier but I want to see them make more attacking runs on the flanks and into the opposition box. If they can shoot than shoot but look for the killer pass. Nachos has to be turned on 100% ready for the link up play with Vardy or the shot if he gets a chance. Vardy just needs to sort his head out at the moment and find a way to start scoring again. He may be battling fatigue, injury, mental sharpness or all of the above but if there's one player we have who can master his demons its him! Youre needs to be left alone in his best position he's is not madisson. N'didi needs to bring his A game which he will if he really comes prepared mentally it will make the world of difference. i'm just focusing on attack right now as we need goals which means points. Lets see how returns from the injury.

Those moaning about the supposed team....who could you actually play that is fit and creative? Albrighton has been dog muck the last few games and so has Under. Allowing our full back further up the pitch will probably help. Some of you would be happier if a 19 year old mid whos played 3 under 23 games all season was playing 🤣