Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

37 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Wait.... Ndidi? 

Played like an utter buffoon against Arsenal, probably his worst game for us, either not for or out of sorts or both. However he will probably play because of his aerial ability, but I'd seriously consider resting or dropping him, seeing as we have a game Saturday aswell. 

The one thing about this team as compared to MON lot is that this lot struggle to 'dog' a goal out. We either play well and score lovely goals. Or we struggle. Sometimes you need the option of swinging a ball over in the 89 min and let a big lad nod it in. We don't have that plan B,C at all. Watch Burnley demonstrate that art this evening. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

The one thing about this team as compared to MON lot is that this lot struggle to 'dog' a goal out. We either play well and score lovely goals. Or we struggle. Sometimes you need the option of swinging a ball over in the 89 min and let a big lad nod it in. We don't have that plan B,C at all. Watch Burnley demonstrate that art this evening. 

Absolutely spot on. And the bloke in your name was one of those guys. Scruffy, big 6 footers who would always nod us a big goal even if we played shite. Taggart, Marshall, Elliott, Heskey etc were a nightmare. 

2 hours ago, Tonya said:

The Iheanacho/ Vardy combo just doesn't work for either of them at any time its been tried. We dont play to Vardy's strengths with quick ball thru or over the top plus he's clearly carrying a niggle, so leave him out for this one.

Hopefully Rogers wont waste Ricardo's talent by playing him ahead of whoever is at right back as thats a failed experiment. He looks a fish out of water as an out and out midfield/attacker. He's most effective at right back and playing off or looping round the player ahead of him

Absolutely agree with that.  Pushing Ricardo and, for that matter, Tielemans too, up into unnatural positions has been a failed experiment in that it has restricted their crucial attacking contributions to the team.  Similarly, Ndidi as a CB has had as detrimental effect, when employed, in an exactly similar way as Liverpool with Henderson.  It's great to have flexibility within the squad but there are core players in a team that must be played in their most effective and natural position.

• Like 1

Kasper

ricky        Fofana/wilf       Cags.         Thomas

mark.          Youri.          Wilf/mendy.      Timmy

Under

Vardy 

little worried about who’s going to be able to collect the ball and make something happen higher up the pitch in this one, hope I’m proved wrong but can’t see under being able to replicate anything like what mads does on the turn to open up play. Think we’re going to be heavily reliant on youri from deep and mark trying the killer pass, hopefully Ricky has a blinder.

I was surprised that Rodgers played Ricardo at LB and Castagne at RB against Arsenal they are much better on the other side! 

We need to kill the game off in the first half similar to Aston Villa away.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

I was surprised that Rodgers played Ricardo at LB and Castagne at RB against Arsenal they are much better on the other side! 

We need to kill the game off in the first half similar to Aston Villa away.

Personally I think Timmy isn’t that great on the left, seems far more comfortable on the right to me. Plus Ricardo’s dribbling ability makes him pretty useful on either flank.

Guest Fktf

Earlier in the season, quite a few were saying Ricky, little wes, cags, timmy looks like a class defence for the future. Wonder if we'll get a glimpse of it tonight?