Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

Naaaah, that can't be the line up. Brendand Rodgers, a fantastic coach is not going to play defensive against Burnley. We're going to try and break down a stubborn big defence using wing backs putting crosses into the box. Amazing.

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

That team haha. And that’s me saying that and I’m like the most positive annoying twat on here. X 

Remember the Derby play off final.  A team full of centre halves and cloggers.  Sometimes the ugly duckling ...err... beats the swan (I don't know what I'm talking about).

I think that sometimes adversity creates a positive reaction.  Here we are with all our superstars laid up, injury crisis tipping point, relying on Hamza. Mendy and Big Dan.  They're gonna surprise you all.  It's gonna be an ugly, forgettable yet priceless win.  It is written.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Remember the Derby play off final.  A team full of centre halves and cloggers.  Sometimes the ugly duckling ...err... beats the swan (I don't know what I'm talking about).

I think that sometimes adversity creates a positive reaction.  Here we are with all our superstars laid up, injury crisis tipping point, relying on Hamza. Mendy and Big Dan.  They're gonna surprise you all.  It's gonna be an ugly, forgettable yet priceless win.  It is written.

Haha yeah I’m still positive. I always try to be. But can see why some folk might cry at that lineup. Cometh the hour cometh the men though. X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Schmeichel

Amartey

Soyuncu

Ndidi

Castagne

Hamza

Tielemans

Mendy

Ricardo

Vardy

Iheanacho

Nope...whichever way I line up those 11 players it looks horrific.

I hope we win but I'm not going to watch us after actively putting out a rubbish team that's obviously going to struggle to create anything and then get done by a Wood goalmouth scramble and Tarkowski header.

At least when we were a properly terrible team that was because we had terrible players. You can stomach it when you've got a squad full of plodders.

Has sean been wrong in the past few years? Someone give me a beacon of hope...

Edited by filbertway

58 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just a guess:

Schmeichel

Amartey (if Evans not fit), Ndidi, Soyuncu

Ricardo, Mendy, Tielemans, Hamza, Castagne

Iheanacho, Vardy

Can maybe understand Ndidi in a back 3 vs Burnley

37 minutes ago, Tuna said:

lol wot?

Is @UpTheLeagueFox SFE?? 

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Schmeichel

Amartey

Soyuncu

Ndidi

Castagne

Hamza

Tielemans

Mendy

Ricardo

Vardy

Iheanacho

Nope...whichever way I line up those 11 players it looks horrific.

I hope we win but I'm not going to watch us after actively putting out a rubbish team that's obviously going to struggle to create anything and then get done by a Wood goalmouth scramble and Tarkowski header.

At least when we were a properly terrible team that was because we had terrible players. You can stomach it when you've got a squad full of plodders.

Has sean been wrong in the past few years? Someone give me a beacon of hope...

What about if it was a diamond in midfield? 

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Amartey

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi (base)

Hamza (right)

Mendy (left)

Tielemans (top)

Two up front

Vardy

Nacho

not so bad 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by FoxinNotts

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If I'm Under and don't start tonight I'd genuinely just ask if I can be allowed to leave as it's pointless being here.

Agree.  I think he has been poorly treated because he has never been given a fair chance,  If we are going to line up with SFE's ultra prosaic team, it might be as well to include someone that might make something happen individually,

• Like 4

Does that mean Tielemans is pushed further up again? Not keen on that at all. 

I wonder if we have to pay extra for Under in his loan agreement if he plays a certain number of games/minutes

This line-up looks like Rodgers would rather do anything else, that start him. 

Any line-up shorn of Barnes and Maddison will look weak in attack. That's the problem.

The defence will probably hold up ok but the attack, whoever plays right now, looks cobbled together.

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

What about if it was a diamond in midfield? 

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Amartey

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi (base)

Hamza (right)

Mendy (left)

Tielemans (top)

Two up front

Vardy

Nacho

not so bad 🤷🏻‍♂️

You're basically describing the 3 5 2 :D

Can’t remember the last time I anticipated a Leicester game with so much nervous trepidation and unease.

God, I hope the players don’t feel like I do.

This fixture list is ridiculous. We should have had a week’s rest after Arsenal.

• Like 1