Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

21 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Personally I think Timmy isn’t that great on the left, seems far more comfortable on the right to me. Plus Ricardo’s dribbling ability makes him pretty useful on either flank.

Agreed. Ricardo started a bit iffy but I thought he grew into it on the left. With Barnes out, I could see Ricardo pushing forward more to overlap Albrighton on the left and Castagne a little more conservative supporting Under on the right. That’s if we play four at the back...

I can actually see Vardy being rested and a 3-4-3 (or 3-4-2-1):

Schmeichel

Amartey

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielemans

Thomas

Under

Iheanacho

Albrighton

It’s far from perfect and doesn’t seem like a team that has too many goals in it, but we don’t have many options. Back three would obviously be improved if one of Evans or Fofana can play, otherwise have them ready for the weekend. Then Vardy back in, Castagne rotating for one of the wing-backs, Tielemans (possibly) getting a rest for Mendy or a youngster. Perez coming back (next week) could open more options by using him as a 10 or one of the wide attackers. 

If Soyuncu plays to his recent standard we should beat this lot! If he has any David Luis moments, which have been rare this season, then we could be losing here. He really is that important to us (specially now we've hit a bad patch)  - and to think people were thinking, a couple of months back, that he would struggle to get back in the team!

I think it's wise to rest those that really need it for this game. I know you want to win every game with your best players on the field, but it's obvious youri etc need a rest and it's playing the long game with games and injuries. 

I'd be nervous but excited to see a team with a few youth prospects and b team players, and we have managed to beat teams before this way. I will cheer any collection of players that wears a Leicester shirt, and I reckon if they hit good levels then they can beat Burnley, or certainly not lose. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

If Soyuncu plays to his recent standard we should beat this lot! If he has any David Luis moments, which have been rare this season, then we could be losing here. He really is that important to us (specially now we've hit a bad patch)  - and to think people were thinking, a couple of months back, that he would struggle to get back in the team!

I'm not sure Soyuncu has been that good for us since his return. I think, providing Evans comes back fit, Fofana should come straight back into the side.

Not saying Soyuncu is bad now, just that he hasn't looked anywhere near his usually solid standard since his return.

• Like 2

Have a funny feeling that this will be a good result and a sign of better things to come, once everyone comes back to the fold from injury.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I fell asleep before the end of the Wolves match last night (it was 1-1 at that point). I dreamt the final score was 4-1 so I think I’m psychic. I also dreamt we beat Burnley 3-0 so there’s no need to panic tonight, we’ve got this.

x

Mind you, I did also dream that I sh1t the bed which fortunately didn’t happen so you never know. X 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tonya said:

The Iheanacho/ Vardy combo just doesn't work for either of them at any time its been tried. We dont play to Vardy's strengths with quick ball thru or over the top plus he's clearly carrying a niggle, so leave him out for this one.

Hopefully Rogers wont waste Ricardo's talent by playing him ahead of whoever is at right back as thats a failed experiment. He looks a fish out of water as an out and out midfield/attacker. He's most effective at right back and playing off or looping round the player ahead of him

Some appear to think the Nacho/Vardy front pairing has worked. I can't replay those matches totally in my head so would not comment. I do suspect that JV had to have obviously an operation as soon as was possible for a hernia but also had a groin or hip problem at the same time which had been and still is ongoing. He might be playing on voluntarily with it which if I'm correct i do not think is wise either medically or for the longer term. If correct it is commendable as he is risking to some extent his legendary status. Mind  you I'm sure we'll all stay well aware of how much his loyalty and performances have done for the club.Certainly more than any other player I've seen.

Ricardo will probably improve with every match until he's back to his usual standard, he's close now and I suppose BR knows enough,he should do ,to play him in the best position for the team against Burnley which I suspect is as you suggest. I do think he looks effective in midfield and useful as an attacker, but best coming forward as you say from further back.

Considering the injuries and how spent some of the regulars are I'd go 4-5-1 with Ian upfront. Give Vardy some rest, maybe bring him on in the second half if needed. If we do well in the first half I'd bring Perez on (if he's fit...) to support Nacho.

Under and Rick on the right, Thomas and Albrighton on the left.

Even 1-0 away win will do

EvjcRWRXcAIjc8K?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Posting this smiling Shinji photo as a talisman... COYL :scarf:

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 2