Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Perez to start, a hint from the club?

We could certainly do with him, the attacking options look so much better with him in the side.

They've been posting photos of players and ex players all day after asking for suggestions.

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just a guess:

Schmeichel

Amartey (if Evans not fit), Ndidi, Soyuncu

Ricardo, Mendy, Tielemans, Hamza, Castagne

Iheanacho, Vardy

Can maybe understand Ndidi in a back 3 vs Burnley

Jesus christ that is so horrible it's brought on my IBS

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just a guess:

Schmeichel

Amartey (if Evans not fit), Ndidi, Soyuncu

Ricardo, Mendy, Tielemans, Hamza, Castagne

Iheanacho, Vardy

Can maybe understand Ndidi in a back 3 vs Burnley

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

lol wot?

Has SFE been reading the forum this afternoon...? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I fell asleep before the end of the Wolves match last night (it was 1-1 at that point). I dreamt the final score was 4-1 so I think I’m psychic. I also dreamt we beat Burnley 3-0 so there’s no need to panic tonight, we’ve got this.

x

Mind you, I did also dream that I sh1t the bed which fortunately didn’t happen so you never know. X 

Yes, but I did, that's close enough.  You are psychic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If that team is correct, we've managed to change formation, added Mendy and Choudhury yet not rested anyone who needed resting lol

Wouldn't surprise me. Anything to avoid Under starting lol

This...very weird. 

Rodgers has lost his head if we line up like that

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If that is the team then expel us from the Premier League immediately, that's Gary Megson and welcome to 2007 my friends. I've just turned 24 and I own a £400 pink suit from Joseph's.

I think you have to factor in the opposition.  We don't have the players available to play around them so stick in some of our big brutes to match up to their big brutes,

(By the way, tender years is never an excuse for a pink suit).

• Haha 1

Just now, murphy said:

I think you have to factor in the opposition.  We don't have the players available to play around them so stick in some of our big brutes to match up to their big brutes,

They are better drilled when it comes to being big and brutish…. It’s not our game at all

Whilst I appreciate we are light that line up is plain weird 

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

They are better drilled when it comes to being big and brutish…. It’s not our game at all

Whilst I appreciate we are light that line up is plain weird 

But our big brutes are a bit better than theirs and we'll need them for the set piece showdown.

I dunno, just seems like we haven't got many options without Barnes and Maddison and with Vardy off the pace.  I don't know what it's gonna take for BR to trust Under in the league if that team's right.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

(By the way, tender years is never an excuse for a pink suit).

You do have to factor in the opposition but its best not to try and match them up at a style of play we don't tend to play that well. What's the game plan with that team? We will still be vulnerable at set pieces as we always are and we have absolutely no creativity or pace in the middle of the park or out wide. 

Our only hope is we can go a bit more direct and win the 2nd balls but that midfield is horrid.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You do have to factor in the opposition but its best not to try and match them up at a style of play we don't tend to play that well. What's the game plan with that team? We will still be vulnerable at set pieces as we always are and we have absolutely no creativity or pace in the middle of the park or out wide. 

Our only hope is we can go a bit more direct and win the 2nd balls but that midfield is horrid.

Keep the faith.  This is  Burnley not Bayern.

• Like 1