Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

So, this is what I think we will do tonight.

Kasper   

Daley-Campbell Cags Fofana  Castagne 

Hamza  Ndidi 

Ricardo                 Taveres.          Albrighton  

Vardy

Rodgers has often mentioned finishing a game with your strongest 11 so that leaves Youri, Under and Kalechi on the bench, to come on an effect the game if needed. There’s no way under will play if McNeil is in the side, so I think this is how he may go tonight. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

...such as heading in an excellent goal...

That looked to me well rehearsed, although I don't think Luiz was meant to have to stoop so much for the ball in which case it would have looked more like a bog standard goal from a corner. As we don't appear to have practised even standard corners and such is the evidence; a goal like this would probably mean Soyuncu was remembering his days as a striker. Lets hope so , this type of goal occurs fairly often from a corner and needs little effort from the team, and carries little risk of injury. It just looks all so simple, except against man for man marking which I believe Burnley do.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Afternoon All!

Happy "Chris Wood to score anytime" Day :)

I remember being at St Mary’s in the great escape season, we lost 2 0 and Wood was through one on one with their keeper and put it so wide it was almost a throw in.

He seems to have improved a little sine then. 

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just a guess:

Schmeichel

Amartey (if Evans not fit), Ndidi, Soyuncu

Ricardo, Mendy, Tielemans, Hamza, Castagne

Iheanacho, Vardy

Can maybe understand Ndidi in a back 3 vs Burnley

Think it will be something like this but Evans in centre half not ndidi, wilf will be in midfield,  think amartey is a cert to start 

Edited by TJB-fox

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Think it will be something like this but Evans in centre half not ndidi, wilf will be in midfield,  think amartey is a cert to start 

I think Evans is injured, isn't he? We might see Fuchs in a back 3.