Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But you must understand the difference? Both players are creative and add a balance to a team that should then cause a very workmanlike Burnley side problems. Going 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders just let's them off the hook and gives them the opportunity to work on what they are good at which is sitting deep and letting us playing ourselves in to trouble.

Mate, a 19 year old kid and under at turf Moor would be kicked to Manchester from Burnley. 

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hahaha! Come on mate, help me out here, I'm hoping you can tell me why it looks decent and what I'm missing lol 

😂 I guess it could be suggested that Ricardo and Timmy can bomb on up the flanks when Ndidi sits in, and provide the bullets for Tilly, Vardy and Nacho!

that’s all I have

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Those moaning about the supposed team....who could you actually play that is fit and creative? Albrighton has been dog muck the last few games and so has Under. Allowing our full back further up the pitch will probably help. Some of you would be happier if a 19 year old mid whos played 3 under 23 games all season was playing 🤣

I'm very perturbed by a back 3 of Soyuncu, Ndidi and Amartey as I am of that midfield abomination. 

I'd have put Ünder up top with Vardy and Iheanacho in the 10 role if Tavares isn't yet ready for a start (understandable)

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

But you must understand the difference? Both players are creative and add a balance to a team that should then cause a very workmanlike Burnley side problems. Going 5 defenders and 2 defensive midfielders just let's them off the hook and gives them the opportunity to work on what they are good at which is sitting deep and letting us playing ourselves in to trouble.

I agree to an extent, going there and being positive would be my preferred tactic but with that team we could easily end up camping in their half with plenty of possession and some chances created, a lot depends on the wingbacks and how they’re deployed. It’s an experienced solid team that I fully expect to win tonight. From what I’ve seen I don’t think Under and Tavares would add much at all to the team, balanced on paper but in reality I’m not so sure. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If that team is correct, we've managed to change formation, added Mendy and Choudhury yet not rested anyone who needed resting lol

Wouldn't surprise me. Anything to avoid Under starting lol

Agreed. Anything to avoid Under starting. Would be a mess with him in the side.

City cant go from back to front with that midfield no matter how good our wingbacks are. We have one player who has the talent to play through balls to vardy and yet hes playing too forward. If we are looking solely at goals for vardy then albrighton needs to play.

12 minutes ago, Monk said:

Youri is nailed on to get injured tonight, right? Will be playing the whole youth team by the end of March. 

Please don't say that! already feels like we're bloody jinxed with injuries

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can you describe to me how that team creates chances? Talk me through some scenarios and how it plays out.

I'll tell you how it plays out. We'll pass it around a lot between thr 3 CB's, there'll be absolutely nothing linking the midfield and the attack and even Tielemans exceptional ability at putting balls through teams will be nullified as Burnley will be very deep to cut off the only plausible route we have of causing any danger from open play.

They'll take the lead in the 1st half and then we'll have to make substitutions to drastically change it as there's no flexibility in that line up. It's just revolting.

Caglar hits a long ball forward. Mee's under it, with Vardy on his shoulder. Mee slips, the ball slides off the back of his head into Vardy's path. He rounds Pope, bags, and raises his hand to his ear in a gesture of defiance to the absent Burnley faithful. Training ground special

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm very perturbed by a back 3 of Soyuncu, Ndidi and Amartey as I am of that midfield abomination. 

I'd have put Ünder up top with Vardy and Iheanacho in the 10 role if Tavares isn't yet ready for a start (understandable)

Evans is injured and Fofana isn't ready yet, who else could we play?

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Does that mean Tielemans is pushed further up again?

As it's written it allows Tielemans to occupy a space higher up - without being so concerned about defending. I'm disappointed about Uender though. He might be a bit of a headless chicken but that's the kind of play that might work against a stolid defence like Burnley's. Maybe that's what Rodgers is thinking - a mix of our better players and some Burnley level subs. Just me blue-sky thinking - in the absence of a discernable game plan.

Under is our only plan B or attacking sub Brendan has, I really think that's part of the thinking. 

Midfield best described as workmanlike, but the lack of a number 10 option really highlighted. Now with our best winger crocked too we don't have too many options. 

Anyone think Fuchs will get a game tonite? He's certainly fresh and fit. Could do a job for us staying strong at the back? At the very least throw his long hand grenades into the burnley box (not that we can head much these days).

• Like 1

I can't comment on Tav as I've literally never seen the guy play, but where is anyone getting the impression that Under is creative?

He 'tries' to be creative, yes. Since he set up Vardy in what, November? I can't remember seeing him do anything resembling creative. 

• Like 1

captain UNDER pants can do better. He's going thru a Barnes like transition period. Sooner the fog clears in his head and realizes what he can do with his abilities the better it will be for the team. He has to sync up with Vardy on a mental level and do some grafting defensively too. Mahrez didn't like that part of the job but he had to do it too.

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Under is our only plan B or attacking sub Brendan has, I really think that's part of the thinking. 

Midfield best described as workmanlike, but the lack of a number 10 option really highlighted. Now with our best winger crocked too we don't have too many options. 

That could be part of it, if we use every attacking player from the start the bench will look even worse than it has been.

I really don't envy Rodgers at the moment trying to cobble together teams and formations out of this lot available.

If that's genuinely the starting line up Vardy's going to need to be at his very best tonight. We're not going to be creating much in the final third so when chances come along we have to take them. Big ask given that he hasn't looked fully fit since coming back from his operation. 

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

How are we in the top 4 lol

Because our first 14/15 have done very well so far. Players like Fuchs and Albrighton gave us some respite earlier in the season.

Three of our four best players (Justin, Barnes and Maddison) are now missing. Others aren't up to speed yet.

It was always a fine line when we lost key players for any length of time. The deeper squad is nowhere near the same level and it is showing.