Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-3 Arsenal - Post Match Thread

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

But allowing them to have all the ball doesn't help the tiredness? We should have got one the ball and played a really slow game. That way we can dictate the pace of the game without allowing them to just throw wave after wave of attack. 

Plus their defence is so leaky chances would have come. 

Yes, that’s true of course, but you have to get the ball first. I admit I do dislike the re-emergence of head tennis we seem to be doing more at the moment, mainly cos we are crap at it. lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, matty98 said:

We're completely fvcked tbh. Barnes and Maddison have been our only goal threat for about the last 4 months. 

We had to rely on individual brilliance for a while now, hence why we create so little chances these days. The organisation has reverted back to “poor” in recent games, playing negative football and passing backwards again. I am actually pleased that Rodgers chose to start Nachos but he played poorly (so I would not put it just on Rodgers this time), but the long term effect of the negative football mentality is rubbing off now. Lads, stay positive and go for it. Start Taveres next game.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People going on about not strengthening like the fact we're losing a f*** load of money every day isn't actually happening. What planet are people on?

Yeah but had 2 loans out for 100million training ground.you ask fans what they would rather have a 100 million on the training ground or a 100 million transfer and wage for players to keep challenging at the top and really upsetting the big 6 .I know which I would rather have

4 minutes ago, Chris catlow said:

unless we get a penalty,  can't see when vardy's next goal is happening! Lost out in foot race with the centre half today, I'm hoping that it's just down to fitness and not a age thing, Because we don't have a player to fill his boots at the club at the moment!

Agree, didn't look on it again today, hope its just a blip, deffinately need to sign a striker in the summer.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

We 100% got we deserved, but do you see no possible reasons why we are knackered, shaken and a bit lost?

These are not excuses, these are reasons.

Annoys me people labelling it as excuses when it's just a factual factor in the make-up of the squad and the pressure being put on them physically.

I'd love to see an upturn in form after Brighton when we potentially get some players back and there's proper recovery time and rest for our players. Was so clear to see how dead on their feet they were today after 9 games in 29 days, or 15 games in 56 days. A game every 3-4 days. Oh and not to mention the injuries affecting a very thin squad as it is. 

Anyone in denial of that is just deluded, to an extent, and refusing to acknowledge it might not be Rodgers or any singular person or thing to 'blame'. 

• Like 2

Fans are just fustrated loosing to a bang average Arsenal team, but injuries are taking there toll and we somehow have to hang on in there.

Arsenal did not look like scoring from open play, we should have put pressure on after scoring, alas we did not. A crap result but we move on hopefully get some results in the next few games.

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

Why aren't you a football manager then? Instead, sitting on FoxesTalk crying about the result? 

Regardless of the defeat today, I think I trust a manager that has kept us in the top 4 all season and most of last over you.

He makes mistakes but anyone who is targeting Rodgers today over the stupid amount of games and mounting injuries to key players, is a complete moron. Why is it so hard to grasp for some people?

Yea. Its moronic to discuss the tactics of a football game on a football forum how silly of me. 

You can talk about injuries and tiredness all you like it still doesn't change the fact the approach to the game was terrible and that there were better ways to go about it. 

Everyone was saying the same mid week. I guess they were morons too... until rogers come out and admitted he got it wrong though yea? 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris catlow said:

unless we get a penalty,  can't see when vardy's next goal is happening! Lost out in foot race with the centre half today, I'm hoping that it's just down to fitness and not a age thing, Because we don't have a player to fill his boots at the club at the moment!

You actually think he’d take the penalty? I wouldn’t let him anywhere near it in his current state of mind.

Parallels with last season are quite striking. We’re certainly serving up the same kind of dross that we did in the second half of 29/20, but I think this time there is a bit more of an excuse. Plain fact is we’re running on empty.

Much worse than the result is losing yet another two crucial players. With this level of injuries, I just can’t see a path to top 4. Hope I’m wrong.

1 minute ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Yeah but had 2 loans out for 100million training ground.you ask fans what they would rather have a 100 million on the training ground or a 100 million transfer and wage for players to keep challenging at the top and really upsetting the big 6 .I know which I would rather have

Its not really that simple, to attract the top players and keep progressing u need top training facilities, so I'm glad they invested in the training ground, its just unfortunate at the moment with results/injuries but we will be back! Foxes never quit!

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Annoys me people labelling it as excuses when it's just a factual factor in the make-up of the squad and the pressure being put on them physically.

I'd love to see an upturn in form after Brighton when we potentially get some players back and there's proper recovery time and rest for our players. Was so clear to see how dead on their feet they were today after 9 games in 29 days, or 15 games in 56 days. A game every 3-4 days. Oh and not to mention the injuries affecting a very thin squad as it is. 

Anyone in denial of that is just deluded, to an extent, and refusing to acknowledge it might not be Rodgers or any singular person or thing to 'blame'. 

I get some sort of tiredness. But we are supposed to have the best recovery facilities in the world. 

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

I'm interested to know what you would have done with the same scenario faced? 

Do you think what you would've done would've seriously yielded a better result considering the ridiculous amount of injuries/games played? 

Have a word with yourself. 

Not necessarily the team selection but the tactics and approach to the games.

I'd have gone for it in the cup like Leicester of old then if we have to rest players or get injuries in a game like today (like we still did anyway) then he can't be blamed and the board can see they've ****ed up not recruiting for 2 seasons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Our first 11 is better, on a good day I might add, but their squad depth is clearly better. 

seriously - give heads a wobble ......... they have been a shambles for a while but they have a top six squad.  A decent manager would have them competing ..... 

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

But allowing them to have all the ball doesn't help the tiredness? We should have got one the ball and played a really slow game. That way we can dictate the pace of the game without allowing them to just throw wave after wave of attack. 

Plus their defence is so leaky chances would have come. 

they pressed us - wouldn’t allow us to play slow ......

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, that’s true of course, but you have to get the ball first. I admit I do dislike the re-emergence of head tennis we seem to be doing more at the moment, mainly cos we are crap at it. lol

Thats also a good point lol I just wish as arsenal started to really go at us we'd taken the sting out of the game abit. I just can't work out what the idea was today thats all. 

As a side we must be one of the shortest?