Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-3 Arsenal - Post Match Thread

I have no doubt things could have been better than they turned out, both at Slavia and Arsenal, but people ignoring the realities of this shortened season, the injuries and our financial clout, need to stop lying to themselves. It is an unfortunate reality coming home too roost.

We go again as best we can. :scarf:

• Like 1

Gutting but christ...nothing matters compared to Barnes and Evans' injuries. Time for some kids to step up but don't put pressure on them if they struggle. 

Kind of wish we'd brought KDH back from loan in Jan and kept Demarai but hindsight is wonderful.

Keep the players safe, play as best we can and see out the season. They've had a really great effort but it's all catching up now. 

1 minute ago, Adster said:

I'm interested to know what you would have done with the same scenario faced? 

Do you think what you would've done would've seriously yielded a better result considering the ridiculous amount of injuries/games played? 

Have a word with yourself. 

Yes. Dont sit so deep. Control the ball. We could have played a super slow tempo, wouldn't have even minded. Their defence is so shakey chances would come. But we just let them do whatever they wanted. 

Just now, Babylon said:

People going on about not strengthening like the fact we're losing a f*** load of money every day isn't actually happening. What planet are people on?

Morons on this thread are quick to forget completely about the pandemic when we lose. 

All fvcking hindsight. Our fans are poisoned with it and it's quite frankly embarrassing. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

At 1-0 you get on the front foot, not invite pressure.

We got what we deserved, f all.

We 100% got we deserved, but do you see no possible reasons why we are knackered, shaken and a bit lost?

These are not excuses, these are reasons.

• Like 1

Just have to look at Spurs bench now to see why Leicester simply could not sustain a continued push on three fronts with our squad and the freak amount of injuries we've had. The traditional "Big" 6 spend a huge amount to achieve this and we have been overachieving, and still would be without the injuries. 

Rodgers and the players deserve credit for what they have managed to do so far. I just hope we can hang on and they are rewarded with a top 4 finish. 

Be incredibly tough now though! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

People going on about not strengthening like the fact we're losing a f*** load of money every day isn't actually happening. What planet are people on?

I really don't know who we could've got in January that would've made a significant difference. We were linked with Chalobah and this forum was in meltdown. No top six rival would give us a loan player, no lower club would sell their best player for a nominal fee.

I think people need to accept we don't have the money to strengthen right now- any player coming in would be another Under, Iheanacho, Albrighton who this place doesn't rate.

• Like 1

If Barnes is to be out, may be wise to switch to that formation which didn't particularly utilise him with 3 CB's, wing backs and possibly Nacho up top with Vardy. If I have to watch Under's single minded run through of tricks repertoire ending with greedy shot that never looked on week in week out it'll be frustrating as hell. With Forfana (Soon), Evans (Hopefully) and Soyuncu with Ricardo and Castagne as wing backs and Ndidi in front of them we should be very tight at least.

• Like 1

I can't blame Rodgers for the injury list, but at the beginning of the season I thought the club needed 5 more players to play thurs/sun!  I suspect the club just didn't have the money to do this, but this will probably come back to haunt us and we might not get top 4.  Vardy, Castagne and Ricardo shouldn't be chucked in like this after their injuries, it will only create more problems!  Tielemans looks knackered and we don't have a way of resting him and if Tielemans gets an injury we are Fuchs!  

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

That’s without acknowledging the lack of options to sign. 

Indeed. 

We already have bodies we can play, but they are obviously not as good as the person they replace. Top quality players to come in so that you'd not notice the other player is out cost a lot of money, or top notch scouting with a massive slice of luck. 

I mean yeah, we could have brought back KDH.... but he isn't solving our issues is he. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

We 100% got we deserved, but do you see no possible reasons why we are knackered, shaken and a bit lost?

These are not excuses, these are reasons.

But allowing them to have all the ball doesn't help the tiredness? We should have got one the ball and played a really slow game. That way we can dictate the pace of the game without allowing them to just throw wave after wave of attack. 

Plus their defence is so leaky chances would have come. 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

****ing pathetic.  

Deja Vu. PTSD from last season. Weak mentality.  

We're going out with a whimper, again.  

I made the point yesterday, whilst the injuries are fact, we've had injuries to key players all season and never once made them an excuse, we've just got on with it, but now we're falling apart it seems easy to make it all an excuse and we're going all Liverpool bemoaning the injuries, the thing is in the last couple of games our team have been arguably close to what we expected our strongest team to be at the start of the season. 

Someone countered my point by saying there is a difference between and excuse and an explanation, I accept that, however no-one was 'explaining' or even really mentioning it before, besides there are no you cannot excuse poor performances and don't let the situation be an excuse for poor performances so when does a explanation become an excuse certainly as when i've said in the last few games this arguably the closest to what we expected to be our strongest team at the start of the season.

Bottom line is we're playing our worst football of the season, and its all too similar to last season, injuries or not you cannot excuse these poor performances.

5th place beckons.  

Here's to next season having a strong first half, fall out of every competition just after the new year, make excuses, finish 5th and repeat.

Well I’d happily say it is an excuse for sub-par performances. Having that excuse doesn’t change the fact you have to find a way through and still get the job done but it clearly is a factor. If you don’t think that the number of injuries, almost on a conveyor belt, players playing when they’re not fully fit, players being rushed back, the same players having to play the sheer number of minutes in a short space of time isn’t a significant factor in being a bit lacklustre, then you’re simply wrong.

Ultimately, you have to turn up on the day with whatever hand you have but today was ridiculous asking two teams to play at 12 a couple of days after a European fixture. Arsenal were fortunate to have more options to rotate than us but for both teams it was absolutely ludicrous. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yes. Dont sit so deep. Control the ball. We could have played a super slow tempo, wouldn't have even minded. Their defence is so shakey chances would come. But we just let them do whatever they wanted. 

Why aren't you a football manager then? Instead, sitting on FoxesTalk crying about the result? 

Regardless of the defeat today, I think I trust a manager that has kept us in the top 4 all season and most of last over you.

He makes mistakes but anyone who is targeting Rodgers today over the stupid amount of games and mounting injuries to key players, is a complete moron. Why is it so hard to grasp for some people?

Edited by Adster

Earlier this week, I read a couple of articles that explained how Leicester have morphed into the ‘Big Six’.  I’m sorry, but a ‘Big Six’ doesn’t get themselves in a position where their  RW/ST/LW/AM positions are dependent on:

A:  a Single Player

B: a out of position makeshift option

C: on players who the manager doesn’t rate. 

In doing so, some of our injuries become  inevitable. Whether it’s fair or accurate, the brunt of the responsibility fall at the managers feet. What’s worst, is that it’s was completely predictable.