Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-3 Arsenal - Post Match Thread

My heads completely gone, **** knows what’s going on in the dressing room now. What an awful week. I’m praying Barnes has a speedy recovery I’m gutted for him he’s been unreal this season. 

Im completely and utterly deflated. 

• Like 2

****ing pathetic.  

Deja Vu. PTSD from last season. Weak mentality.  

We're going out with a whimper, again.  

I made the point yesterday, whilst the injuries are fact, we've had injuries to key players all season and never once made them an excuse, we've just got on with it, but now we're falling apart it seems easy to make it all an excuse and we're going all Liverpool bemoaning the injuries, the thing is in the last couple of games our team have been arguably close to what we expected our strongest team to be at the start of the season. 

Someone countered my point by saying there is a difference between and excuse and an explanation, I accept that, however no-one was 'explaining' or even really mentioning it before, besides there are no you cannot excuse poor performances and don't let the situation be an excuse for poor performances so when does a explanation become an excuse certainly as when i've said in the last few games this arguably the closest to what we expected to be our strongest team at the start of the season.

Bottom line is we're playing our worst football of the season, and its all too similar to last season, injuries or not you cannot excuse these poor performances.

5th place beckons.  

Here's to next season having a strong first half, fall out of every competition just after the new year, make excuses, finish 5th and repeat.

• Like 2

All gone wrong since Maddison went off last week. Barnes is out now. The rest have either played most of the season, aren't fully fit/ weary or not good enough.

As much as our performance in the first half wasn't good enough, any sort of injury toll was going to hit us harder than most.

Rodgers will be positive in public but privately I bet he's feeling shit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

We've been poor for a while..negative no fight and they look absolutely spent.

Massive rotation needed.

1. We’ve only lost about 3 in 20

2. Theres no one left to rotate 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

We started well, scored early and then instead of killing off the game, sat back deep and invited Arsenal onto us. How many times have we attempted the defensive game and failed?

I get the heavy fixture list but we are getting injured because we are literally having to run ourselves into the ground for 90 minutes playing catch up every bloody match! Can Brendan not see how counter-productive and knackering his defensive game is?

We look lethargic and completely uninterested. Nacho needs binning as he offers absolutely NOTHING to this team.  If we are not careful, we will blow it again just like last season. The only person accountable for that is BR.

Massive investment in the summer needed upfront.  Having to rush the likes of Vardy back when he clearly isn't fit is an absolute waste of time.

Massive investment is not going to happen in fact maddison and possible Barnes  are sold because of covid has I keep getting told

Couldn’t have been much worse

We’ve made Willian, Pepe and Luiz look like world beaters, we’ve lost Barnes and possibly Evans and Arsenal made it look like a practice match. And this is possibly the worst Arsenal side for years

Bad day at the office which has made me feel more pissed off about the Slavia result

• Like 1

We never got started and looked miles off them from the start, they had much more energy. However, they gifted us a lead with a terrible bit of defending and didn’t really cause us many problems. Cheap set-piece goal to give away and then gift them a penalty. Once we’re down, we weren’t coming back. If we could have just held on until half time then who knows but soundly beaten in the end

• Like 1

Should have pressed arsenal more early on maybe it was tiredness from stopping us from doing so who knows. That’s the loss out the way let’s go again in the week and give Burnley a good beating and get back on track. Dodgy results will happen so hopefully they players don’t let it get to them to much as we have plenty of games left to put it right. Hope the injuries are not to bad.