Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

7 hours ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

All is relative ! The league is much stronger and other have talent we will never have really 

All had talent we didn’t have when we won the league though? Hard work, game plan, playing styles and mentality can all help to counter teams with more talent

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Nobody is saying we should blindly accept bad things.

However, simply dismissing the journey we've been on (as many do) is IMHO wrong too.

We've been in the top 5 for 18 months, and in the top 4 all this season, which for a club like ours, and given our history of not exactly setting the world alight, is beyond my expectations.

I want us to be high up the table every season but also have plenty of realism given 40 years of watching LCFC.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I think perspective is important not just in football, but in life in general. If people dismiss where they came from or what they had to do to get somewhere, then it is more often than not, a recipe for negativity. 

I'm all for criticising the team and the manager, and do it often, but I always think it helps to have that grounded in perspective. Each to their own though! 

I don't know anybody who dismisses where we came from though?

Geoff I understand where you're coming from and in parts do agree. 

But given how much I hear how we've got a backing, new training ground etc then I also expect us to be competitive at the right end of the table. That's not saying I forget where we've come from because I don't and one day we will be there again because that's how it goes. We're in a great period at the minute and I just want us to back that up with a trophy mainly.

53 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

All had talent we didn’t have when we won the league though? Hard work, game plan, playing styles and mentality can all help to counter teams with more talent

Let’s be clear it was a perfect storm that year, we never came close to repeating it again with that team, so obviously was more than those parameters cos of it was we would have gone close again and we didn’t 

4 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Let’s be clear it was a perfect storm that year, we never came close to repeating it again with that team, so obviously was more than those parameters cos of it was we would have gone close again and we didn’t 

Losing kante and mahrez wanting out didn’t help much though, also playing champions league football after not improving the team/squad 

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who? In the Prem era?

I think the argument was that he was one of the worst players to ever wear the shirt, which isn't quite the same as whether or not he's in our top five right backs in the Premier League era

10 minutes ago, Guest said:

I think the argument was that he was one of the worst players to ever wear the shirt, which isn't quite the same as whether or not he's in our top five right backs in the Premier League era

No worries I’ll ask the question then...

In the Prem era, which 5 RB’s have we had at the club who are worse footballers than Amartey?

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

In the Prem era, which 5 RB’s have we had at the club who are worse footballers than Amartey?

Well it's such a great question, I suppose it really does need asking

On 03/03/2021 at 19:53, kristianity77 said:

Its not getting any better is it.  Its last season  all over again but without the points buffer to hold on to.  Sticking with thinking we will finish 7th. 

At least that's better than your original prediction of 14th😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, leicester4life said:

Pantsil, ngotty, Canero, maybury, heath, kenton, kaebi, 

You added the premier league part after, that I hadnt said anything about

who was the twat that played with his collar up, Peter Taylor player. him. We don't need four more he was that bad.

Edited by ParkerPen

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

De Laet, Pearson, Albrighton, Hernandez, VDC are 5 players that have played for us at RB in the premier league era that are worse RBs than Amartey.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

De Laet, Pearson, Albrighton, Hernandez, VDC are 5 players that have played for us at RB in the premier league era that are worse RBs than Amartey.

Good try mate but 3 of those answers are clutching at straws at best ;)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

De Laet was better than Amartey. Can't see Amartey ever having a game like De Laet in the 5-3 vs ManUtd. He was unplayable that day.

Albrighton is disingenuous. He played at emergency right back for about 5 minutes in a cup replay vs Spurs.

Hernandez is a fair shout tbf. Amartey is definitely better than him.

Edited by Sampson