Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Bert said:

With EIGHT players out injured. With an out of form un fit striker. A midfielder that’s absolutely out on his feet. 

Kasper

Ricardo   ________  Soyunchu   Thomas

Albrighton     Youri   Ndidi    Castagne

Vardy        Nacho

When you say 'EIGHT' players, I think it's a poor excuse given the players still available if we would have set up to actually take 3 points.

There's only one space there than I can't fill. When you look at the players on that team sheet, they have to be beating Burnley surely?

And you use our 'Out of form' striker as another excuse yet Burnley sit 15th with a team of 11 out of form / sh1t players.....

I get injuries are really bad but are we just going to use that as an excuse for every fixture despite still having quality players available? We'll be more annoying than Liverpool.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed. He really was awful in that first half. Twice he passed without looking, and it went right to a Burnley player. He also failed to win so many headers. That for me, is the very least you want from him in that role. 

I think him and Hamza need to be put at the back of the queue for selection. We know they offer nothing in attack, but now they are also causing us problems in defence. 

Ndidi did too, but thats ok..innit

13 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The Man United draw might put a bit more perspective on ours not being too bad. 

Did Man U create a chance... swear their goals have dried up a bit in the league, yes they had that 9-0 but were wobbling a bit before then. They play Man City at the weekend too 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Did Man U create a chance... swear their goals have dried up a bit in the league, yes they had that 9-0 but were wobbling a bit before then. They play Man City at the weekend too 

Don’t you forget our draw at Palace was a sh*t result.....when will people on here realise there are no easy games.....Burnley won at Anfield as I recall......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reg Vardy said:

Don’t you forget our draw at Palace was a sh*t result.....when will people on here realise there are no easy games.....Burnley won at Anfield as I recall......

Because I think some believe it's all a computer simulation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phube said:

Also did anyone feel our players seem to have been psychologically affected by all the injuries recently?
Even players like Hamza were pulling out of 50:50’s, which lead to us sacrificing possession in the middle of the park. 

100% I agree with this. Its the lack of fight that is our undoing, not the lack of players. 

2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Exactly, no guarantees in this league... West Ham, Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea aren’t going to all go on amazing runs. We just need to ensure we pick up the points like we have been. Not winning for two games isn’t going to kill your chances of top 4 

48 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed. He really was awful in that first half. Twice he passed without looking, and it went right to a Burnley player. He also failed to win so many headers. That for me, is the very least you want from him in that role. 

I think him and Hamza need to be put at the back of the queue for selection. We know they offer nothing in attack, but now they are also causing us problems in defence. 

If Fuchs cant get in now may as well cancel his contract He has never let us down when playing this season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Exactly, no guarantees in this league... West Ham, Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea aren’t going to all go on amazing runs. We just need to ensure we pick up the points like we have been. Not winning for two games isn’t going to kill your chances of top 4 

They havent seemed that hard away from home  and  a draw at Burnley whowon at Liverpool when like us  they had a lot out is not a bad result

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Because I think some believe it's all a computer simulation.

I'm not sure, Leicester near the top of the Prem, and frequency of injuries is approaching the levels of a standard Fifa career mode save, so we can't rule it out entirely. If Barnes and Justin had both done a classic lateral colateral injury, I'd be checking the back of my head to see if I'd been plugged into the matrix.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Halifax Fox said:

Seventy years old. Lifelong supporter.

Was as excited before the game tonight as I was at my first ever visit to Filbert Street, 23rd March 1963 2-2 draw against Spurs.

Watched the game tonight - without the sound after about 10 minutes because I was worried for my health and sanity. (Most commentators wind me up.)
I enjoyed the rest of the game! (Steered clear of FT!) Was desperate for Hamza to do well after his mistake. Kasper kept us in it. We were a threat throughout (almost). We could have won it. Little Wes looked fantastic when he came on. Amazing strike from Kelechi. Could not ask more from these boys. Get behind ALL of our players.
Next up Brighton COYF :scarf:

Good lad!

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Who is more unpleasant a full back... Amartey or Fuchs? I've we can't play Thomas and Castagne with Ricardo filling in at RW then please play Fuchs ad Amartey is honking.

Amartey is unpleasant footballer, he robbing a living lads so shit it’s painful, watching him play football it like itching your eye with sand paper. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Kasper

Ricardo   ________  Soyunchu   Thomas

Albrighton     Youri   Ndidi    Castagne

Vardy        Nacho

When you say 'EIGHT' players, I think it's a poor excuse given the players still available if we would have set up to actually take 3 points.

There's only one space there than I can't fill. When you look at the players on that team sheet, they have to be beating Burnley surely?

And you use our 'Out of form' striker as another excuse yet Burnley sit 15th with a team of 11 out of form / sh1t players.....

I get injuries are really bad but are we just going to use that as an excuse for every fixture despite still having quality players available? We'll be more annoying than Liverpool.

Same Burnley that have beat 3 times out of the last 5 at there place? 

Edited by coolhandfox

8 minutes ago, Halifax Fox said:

Seventy years old. Lifelong supporter.

Was as excited before the game tonight as I was at my first ever visit to Filbert Street, 23rd March 1963 2-2 draw against Spurs.

Watched the game tonight - without the sound after about 10 minutes because I was worried for my health and sanity. (Most commentators wind me up.)
I enjoyed the rest of the game! (Steered clear of FT!) Was desperate for Hamza to do well after his mistake. Kasper kept us in it. We were a threat throughout (almost). We could have won it. Little Wes looked fantastic when he came on. Amazing strike from Kelechi. Could not ask more from these boys. Get behind ALL of our players.
Next up Brighton COYF :scarf:

I love this post, we all want the same thing the team to do well, I guess we just express it in different ways.

1 minute ago, Jonaldinho said:

If we'd had a lack of fight against a Burnley side which scraps for everything we'd have lost quite frankly. There was no lack of effort out there today, just not enough quality to keep the ball well and create chances and still some tiredness. 

I have yet to see anything like that Bournemouth game last season... there isn’t any comparison to this team. 

I'm genuinely baffled after that. Injuries can't fully explain how we can go from playing top four football to...well I'm not exactly sure what that was. We looked shambolic from front to back. But for the brilliance of Schmeichel and a top class finish from Nacho the game would have been long over before Rodgers finally reacted to address the problems unfolding right in front of him. The body language of our players suggested that many of them were as baffled as I was watching it. A team in third place in the league appeared to be totally devoid of confidence and purpose. At halftime Dyche sensed the opportunity to unleash his team in the second half leaving us chasing shadows. We started to make Burnley look like bloody world beaters. When Rodgers belatedly changed things by bringing on Fofana and Albrighton and altered the shape of the team to give it much needed balance, our players immediately seemed far more comfortable and we might have gone on to shithouse a very valuable win. What the hell was Rodgers thinking about, setting his team up to allow a limited team like Burnley to be in the ascendancy for as long as they were? He has many attributes that make him a great coach but no amount of lamenting our current injury crisis can excuse this lamentable performance. We are still in prime position to push on from here but I'm afraid Rodgers will need to do much better than this in our remaining games if we are to stay in contention for a top four finish. 

Edited by SixtiesFox
  • Haha 2

Just now, NasPb said:

There's no pleasing you lot, amartey isn't an attacking player and you still complain. Amartey could save your family from a burning house and you'd still complain. 

He's no world beater but he's decent 

The problem with Amartey is he's abysmal at keeping it simple as much as going forward and creating anything, fine examples in the 1st half today where he was a liability making simple passes. 

I could tolerate him being limited at going forward if he provided us the security of being an excellent defensive full back but he's neither. He should only ever play as a centre half in a back 4 and not asked to pass the ball much.

2 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

I'm genuinely baffled after that. Injuries can't fully explain how we can go from playing top four football to...well I'm not exactly sure what that was. We looked shambolic from front to back. But for the brilliance of Schmeichel and a top class finish from Nacho the game would have been long over before Rodgers finally reacted to address the problems unfolding right in front of him. The body language of our players suggested that many of them were as baffled as I was watching it. A team in third place in the league appeared to be totally devoid of confidence and purpose. At halftime Dyche sensed the opportunity to unleashed his team in the second half leaving us chasing shadows. We started to make Burnley look like bloody world beaters. When Rodgers belatedly changed things by bringing on Fofana and Albrighton and altered the shape of the team to give it much needed balance, our players immediately seemed far more comfortable and we might have gone on to shithouse a very valuable win. What the hell was Rodgers thinking about, setting his team up to allow a limited team like Burnley to be in the ascendancy for as long as they were? He has many attributes that make him a great coach but no amount of lamenting our current injury crisis can excuse this lamentable performance. We are still in prime position to push on from here but I'm afraid Rodgers will need to do much better than this in our remaining games if we are to stay in contention for a top four finish. 

Agreed. 

• Like 1