Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

To be honest when I saw our starting line up I didn’t expect anything. It was so devoid of any creativity.

At one time I would have despaired to see Ndidi and Mendy both starting. Let alone Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza and Amartey. Surely the balance of the team would have been better served by squeezing Albrighton and/or Under in their somewhere?

With the injuries we’ve currently got this game was always going to come too soon. The depth of squad has also been exposed with the likes of Hamza and Amartey not convincing that they are anything more than squad players.

I can’t help thinking the starting eleven was incredibly negative though. It’s like admitting your limitations before you start and, as a defensive plan, goes out of the window almost immediately if the opposition get an early goal. 

I'm glad somebody agrees with me. People will go on about injuries, but we had the personnel to play a far better system than that turgid bombscare lineup.

It wasn't injuries today, we could have won that with a better setup. 

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

Do tell? As seems like I triggered it by making a joke about the spelling of Leicester 

Re-read my post. It’s a general point I’m making to reinforce what peach0000 said, nothing personal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I'm glad somebody agrees with me. People will go on about injuries, but we had the personnel to play a far better system than that turgid bombscare lineup.

Maybe, or maybe lost it with unfamiliar starters. :dunno:

What is confusing is the lack of Ünder, especially considering Burnley’s result versus Spurs. From the pundits/reviews I read/heard Burnley played well but were really undone with Spurs’ pace (especially Bale). With no Barnes and Vardy and Ricardo not quite at it we had virtually no pace to run at them. 
Like him or not for being wasteful (though no more wasteful than the rest of the team) surely this game was really made for him?

• Like 1

I think the only argument for having Amartey stay on and finish at RB when we reshuffled is that it gives us the extra body at dealing with set pieces. Unfortunately he sees the football as a hot potato going forwards but like Simpson was he acts like an extra CB (when he's at RB) when defending set pieces in that he's more dominant in the air than most RB's would be. But do I want someone to play at RB who gets a nosebleed if they cross the halfway line or looks panicked at the very thought of being involved in having possession - no I don't. I think Rodgers likes this perceived adaptability which helps in changing formation without sacrificing a substitution to do so but I'd question whether he's any more than a "unit" out there plugging a gap. What he did at Man City shows his value as a dogged CB stopper and he's done well to come back physically strong, making more of a contribution to the season than anyone could have predicted but no more RB please.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe, or maybe lost it with unfamiliar starters. :dunno:

I guess it all depends on the fitness of Fofana, but a back 4 of Castagne, Fofana, Soyuncu, Thomas. Ndidi and Mendy in front. Ricardo, Tielemans and Albrighton behind Iheanacho.

Not a wholly unfamiliar 11, and far more about it than the actual lineup.

But hey, all about opinions. 

• Like 2

I’m surprisingly upbeat after that. With a massively changed side, we played a lot better than I expected and the game itself was pretty entertaining / end to end for Burnley’s standards.

The big positives for me is that we’ve stopped the rot, Fofana is back and Tielemans got through another 90 minutes unscathed.

If we can win the next 2 games I think we’ll look back on this point as a decent point. We’re only a couple of weeks away from Maddison, Praet, Perez & Evans all returning. Remember the sides around us are all playing each other in the coming games too! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Recognition of our problems? Are you serious? We have spoke about our injury issues to death and we are all aware of it. Injuries has nothing to do with the fact for 4 games in a row we have been appalling straight after half time. When you have a makeshift team you have to fight, battle and dig deep. I didn't see that at all today. We looked ok going forward at times but defensively we weren't aggressive enough and allowed Burnley in way too often and if it wasn't for kasper, we could have been hammered today. A draw today is not a terrible result at all and once Brendan made the subs we did look better. Just because we have injuries doesn't mean we can't be critical about aspects of our game. If we are happy accepting crap/mediocre performances then we may as well throw the towel in now. 

And as for calling people brain dead, that is a bit rich considering most of your posts make little sense. 

I rest my case...injuries ARE the reason...!!! Without put Elite players We play,perform and deliver different level of performances..

Plus its difficult to find Rythme and gain tact plus continuity when your team..is always depleted, with different players Coming in..!!

We aint got a top 4, Top 16 fringe players squad what difficult to understand...our mediocre ,.avg, ok, performances are because of Our Top players missing,

or returning then out again....

With what we have had available & the situation, Yes its dispointing, even sometimes frustrating with the situation....But because of that situation,

I reckon we are doing well.....We have have, & had 10 players of our top 12-14 players out,

with no chance or time for  returnees to find their high levels..

We are struggling because of it..but still competing at an unexpected high level...

And Yes I am rich.....Rich in all my Lovely thoughts over all souls on foxestalk, no matter the State of those little grey-cells...:teehee:

Edited by fuchsntf

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Re-read my post. It’s a general point I’m making to reinforce what peach0000 said, nothing personal.

Fair enough, I just haven't seen much of what you posted about tbh, although I tend to write most things off as banter and it always seems to be tit for tat - if you support Rodgers, you are unambitious, if you don't, you are not a proper supporter :dunno:

Always hated burnley and Dyche , point may be a fair result overall considering the players we had out. What annoys me is this is the same as last season when first part we were a high press team with exceptional passing and broke very quick . second part of season we started playing at walking pace and passing around the back and the middle. 

this does show that i think we really need to keep hold of barnes next season and also bring in a quality rw and a very good back up for vardy who is either playing how brendan wants him to or is still carry the effects of his injury.

On ricardo he seems to not be making those surging runs like he did pre injury and im hoping this is just down to getting back to full match fitness . 

11 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

No we couldnt...!!

• Haha 1

Also did anyone feel our players seem to have been psychologically affected by all the injuries recently?
Even players like Hamza were pulling out of 50:50’s, which lead to us sacrificing possession in the middle of the park. 

• Like 1

Never bothered about scoreboard. You lose some and you win some...

When it comes to judging a football coach, it is all about intention for me.

If you put Mendy, NDidi, Hamza and another 4 defensive minded players against Burnley who conceded 4 goals previous week, you have already mentally thrown the towel .

It is not about negativity. This is all about talking straight otherwise what is the point of having this forum?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phube said:

Also did anyone feel our players seem to have been psychologically affected by all the injuries recently?
Even players like Hamza were pulling out of 50:50’s, which lead to us sacrificing possession in the middle of the park. 

It could be psychological,  but could be Rodgers has just said we are down to the bare bones so don't take any risks...

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Who is more unpleasant a full back... Amartey or Fuchs? I've we can't play Thomas and Castagne with Ricardo filling in at RW then please play Fuchs ad Amartey is honking.

Amartey by far.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

When it comes to judging a football coach, it is all about intention for me.

It is not about negativity. This is all about talking straight otherwise what is the point of having this forum?

I understand your sentiment, however the season is 38 games, I'm sure you'll be aware of the tight schedule, our current injuries, then you have to take into account the opponent' stye of play, big boy Burnley. Don't forget gifting them a head start..

Edited by Bamboo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Amartey by far.

Agreed. He really was awful in that first half. Twice he passed without looking, and it went right to a Burnley player. He also failed to win so many headers. That for me, is the very least you want from him in that role. 

I think him and Hamza need to be put at the back of the queue for selection. We know they offer nothing in attack, but now they are also causing us problems in defence. 

• Like 3

Of course I'm all about giving benefit of the doubt when it's due but if the scoreboard says 1-1, we have the Kasper to thank not BR.

About 38 games, Southampton was the league leaders in November and Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham breathing down to our neck, doesn't help us at the moment.

A bit of a bravery and selection for a more attacking football would help.

In Premier league football, you must start with your best XI and that wasn't it today.

Edited by kiwiturk

Not the worst performance, just relieved to get through that with no more injuries! Grab a win at the weekend and we'll have managed to navigate a ridiculously busy couple of weeks and hopefully be in a better position in terms of having attacking players available and being able to put out a more balanced lineup.

Edited by orangecity23

We've got into a real strange mindset recently. Against Arsenal and Burnley, once we scored we looked completely clueless and negative. You'd think after scoring the team would gain confidence and play better, but we're the opposite. Coupled to that Rodgers subs are dumbfounding. We needed a goal to win the game, so he takes off Nacho and puts on Albrighton. It's like not losing is the priority, as opposed to winning.