Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

To be fair to Alan Smith, he did say that if the ref had given the penalty, VAR probably wouldn’t have changed the decision. It’s all down to the ‘clear and obvious error’ ruling.

Yes, probably a penalty, but if it had been Fofana on Welbeck, we wouldn’t be complaining at it being disallowed.

tbf if Fofane had straight lamped Welbeck out cold we wouldn't complain at it being disallowed. 

1 minute ago, Analysethis said:

I'm certain we did switch to a more typical 442. From memory, even the commentators pointed it out.

They did indeed and we certainly moved to a back 4. Sort of. It’s wasn’t traditional but at the end we finished with it Timmy, Cags, Wes and big Dan. 

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think we noticeably did about 5 minutes into the second half. More a back 4 which was picked up by the commentary team just before our goal and referred to afterwards by Jamie Redknapp. Armarty played quite noticeably as a right back and even got forward on occasions. Ricardo as someone said played further forward and mainly stayed there. It's has to be said that the latter didn't look too comfortable in the role.

I noticed Ricardo more forward on the right but who was on the left in the 442?

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

They did indeed and we certainly moved to a back 4. Sort of. It’s wasn’t traditional but at the end we finished with it Timmy, Cags, Wes and big Dan. 

You finished the Rodgering of your fiancee? That didn't take long matey! :whistle:

15 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I’m off to give the fiancée a good Rodger-ing whilst thinking of Keli and Big BIG Dan. Gd night foxes talk and some of you need a little perspective. 

Any streams available?  

• Haha 3

Just now, Will1981 said:

I noticed Ricardo more forward on the right but who was on the left in the 442?

I think Castagne to some extent as Soyuncu moved inside somewhat where he looked more comfortable. Castagne in fact, I thought, made a couple of cracking tackles near to his own penalty area but, in fairness to him, bearing in mind he's not been back that long, he was down the other end supporting the attack like a wing back. Perhaps he just likes having two jobs 😅

2 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Last season we would have bottled that. As we would have at Burnley.

More injuries this season but we have more fight.

Great performance from Nacho, very much a confidence player who needs a good run in the team.

Agreed but not as the lone striker. 

• Like 1

Brighton really must hate playing us. Not beat us since 2014, only scored three goals against us since they got promoted.

We've scored five goals alone after 80+ minutes, including two winners (both of those being this season) 😂

47 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

If, if we hadn't have scored the winner, I would be fuming with that VAR call on Vardy. Without any bias at all, all I saw from the 10 replays from different angles is Vardy touching the ball away from the defender and him tripping Vardy, can't believe it wasn't given. 

Not to mention the hand on Vardy’s back before he had his legs taken away.  

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think Castagne to some extent as Soyuncu moved inside somewhat where he looked more comfortable. Castagne in fact, I thought, made a couple of cracking tackles near to his own penalty area but, in fairness to him, bearing in mind he's not been back that long, he was down the other end supporting the attack like a wing back. Perhaps he just likes having two jobs 😅

sorry I was wondering who was supposed to be playing left wing in the 442.