Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm so torn on this, last night I was like **** it, but now I'm debating it.

How do you book with a mate or two so you're on the same coach?

I'm not sure you can? 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

£40 membership getting preference over people who’ve paid out year after year is bonkers and makes a bit of a mockery of making it being fair. Not that I want to go, but others will and that seems off when people have forked out £70 to retain a season ticket. 

I'm not sure that's a fair sentiment to be honest. Members being afforded the opportunity to enter a ballot for 2% of the allocation is hardly preferential treatment over season ticket holders in my opinion. I know which camp I'd rather be in. 

Many members have also been forking out for years and often spend more on match tickets to be fair over the course of a season than a STH...oh and that £40 they've paid will be retained by the club at the end of the season, the £70 paid by STH's will be rolled over to next years season ticket. 

Guest Bert Fill
4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

£40 membership getting preference over people who’ve paid out year after year is bonkers and makes a bit of a mockery of making it being fair. Not that I want to go, but others will and that seems off when people have forked out £70 to retain a season ticket. 

It’s only 125 out of the 6000+ tickets that are in the members ballot. Plenty of people have been members for years, go to loads of home and away games, and only aren’t season ticket holders because they can’t get to all the games, so I reckon it’s fair enough that they have a (tiny) chance of a ticket?

Just now, Roosterrussell said:

I’m working in Acton that week and week after but have a LE postcode so would I be able to stay over in Acton or would I have to travel back to Leicester and get the coach 🤷‍♂️

Well you have a LE postcode so likely the coach. 

6 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

It’s only 125 out of the 6000+ tickets that are in the members ballot. Plenty of people have been members for years, go to loads of home and away games, and only aren’t season ticket holders because they can’t get to all the games, so I reckon it’s fair enough that they have a (tiny) chance of a ticket?

The amount of tickets available is a bit irrelevant. I feel the ballot should be available to all members and season ticket holders. That would make it the most fair way of doing it. Yes some members pay lots for home and away tickets but some only pay the £40 and then don't actually buy any tickets, where as season ticket holders pay the entire amount regardless of if they attend games or not. 

Edited by hejammy

6 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Yeah and they could miss out to someone who has had a membership for one season and never been to a game in their life. 

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can’t see how your able to. 

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It talks about consent forms and says the lead booker cannot give consent for everyone, which tells me you can.

But I'm confused and not sure lol Might have to ring them.

Haha good luck getting through today. Might be on hold until the 15th!

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I bet you can only book the coach together if you've got it set up on the system with those people and one of you who is the "lead" buys them all. Then you'd fill out the individual consent forms 

41 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

So those in the season ticket retention scheme which is almost twice the price of a membership do not actually qualify for the ballot............makes sense.....not

Presumably people with season tickets will have the 300+ points needed to try and even attempt to buy the other 98% percent of tickets.

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

unless you are going to change your photo ID as well i wouldnt bother. 

On the address changing debate:

image.png.5bf6873ed3a9fb6c02e9ab78d71a7779.png

It says tickets will be print at home. So if you change your address to non LE postcode, keeping your name etc, then you should be OK as tickets are emailed. I would think when someone checks your ticket/test result they will check your name off, check your photo ID and that's it. They won't check what your address is and how you travelled over, that's impossible to control unless they spend 12 hours that day checking all 22,000 people.

However, if you do change your address/postcode, then this is at your own risk and I take no liability!!!

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

I've asked the question if the lead has a non LE postcode can you all avoid the coaches lol

Let me know what you hear back please mate, my dilemma too.

My dad lives 5 mins down the road but as it’s an NN postcode we might be stuck travelling down different way. No common sense at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It says tickets will be print at home. So if you change your address to non LE postcode, keeping your name etc, then you should be OK as tickets are emailed. I would think when someone checks your ticket/test result they will check your name off, check your photo ID and that's it. They won't check what your address is and how you travelled over, that's impossible to control unless they spend 12 hours that day checking all 22,000 people.

However, if you do change your address/postcode, then this is at your own risk and I take no liability!!!

I'm sure it would flag up on the clubs radar if you start adjusting your address etc. Honestly if you are that keen on going and you live in a LE post code sitting on a bus for a few hours is the price you will just have to pay. 

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Photo ID could be passport which doesn't contain your address. Just saying...