Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

They have probably learned from the Carabou cup, groups of lads boarding trains in Manchester with a carrier bag of tins then working their way up from Euston to Wembley is probably not what they wanted. 

People need to get their heads around the fact that a crowd isn’t being allowed into this for football reasons. It’s a test event at hopefully the beginning of the end of a global pandemic in the UK. It’s a nice bit of feel good PR for the country. 

Basically we’re Guinea Pigs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BoyJones said:

Yes, that’s what I thought. Tudor is my usual port of call for LFT’s. You do it yourself, but under their watchful eye / guidance. You just walk in, no appointment required. Surely 6000+ appointments in just over 24 hours administered by NHS, plus all the usual walk ins would cause a melt down? 

48 hours - 6 of these centres in Leics plus a few across the county. Then others will be taking their test out of LE. It’s doable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’m going to take a punt here, but they haven’t really thought about this have they? That applies to all parties involved. 

They've bloody had long enough to think about it! 

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

They've bloody had long enough to think about it! 

The one thing that sticks out is the amount of grey area concerning postcodes/testing/points/lead bookers etc and the flood gates all open at once with no time for them to clarify anything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Livid said:

They have probably learned from the Carabou cup, groups of lads boarding trains in Manchester with a carrier bag of tins then working their way up from Euston to Wembley is probably not what they wanted. 

People need to get their heads around the fact that a crowd isn’t being allowed into this for football reasons. It’s a test event at hopefully the beginning of the end of a global pandemic in the UK. It’s a nice bit of feel good PR for the country. 

Basically we’re Guinea Pigs. 

Thankfully not having a LE post code that is exactly what we will be doing! Trains booked for £35 return, cheaper than the nightmare coaches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's the false positive rate of a LF test? Hard luck if that's you and you don't get to the game and have to isolate to boot lol

You won't have to self isolate unless you are actually positive. If you test positive on a lateral flow you get a PCR test to confirm it. Have to self isolate in the mean time but it's only normally a couple of hours or less until you can get a PCR. It would be awful to have a ticket and not be able to go to the game because of a false positive on a lateral flow though. The rate of false positives with lateral flows is only around 1 in 1000 when done professionally so it'll only affect around 6 people. False negatives are far more of a problem with lateral flows. 

Lead booker aspect is key for me. There are four in our family been going away regularly since 2014. If we can’t be in close proximity then I think that’s wrong. We are supposed to be a family club, surely they’ve factored this in.

It’s going to be bad enough getting there a couple of hours before kick off and Then being whisked home straight after the final whistle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The one thing that sticks out is the amount of grey area concerning postcodes/testing/points/lead bookers etc and the flood gates all open at once with no time for them to clarify anything. 

And the classic case of releasing the info at 10pm so obviously no questions can be asked

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

Lead booker aspect is key for me. There are four in our family been going away regularly since 2014. If we can’t be in close proximity then I think that’s wrong. We are supposed to be a family club, surely they’ve factored this in.

It’s going to be bad enough getting there a couple of hours before kick off and Then being whisked home straight after the final whistle. 

Worth asking @st albans fox if his semi final ticket had an appointed seat. I don’t think they did - at both test events people have been sat together 

4 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I know travelling there by coach sounds awful, but no one can make you get back on it. Night out in London afterwards. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

The locations of assisted rapid flow test centres....

4F9095A6-470B-414E-9422-32A5BB32B99E.jpeg

I'm sure they must mean the local centers/are just stressing it can't be one of the ones done from home? Surely they don't expect us to travel to Birmingham. And if that was the case why would the club be linking to the Leicestershire council website?

35 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm not so sure. It's a government test event. They presumably want it as controlled as possible. Not exposing people to risk on the way down through travel etc. It makes sense that they want to control everything. It's just one big experiment. It would make no sense to put people on coaches who live in London and unreasonable to make fans from outside Leicester travel to Leicester when it could be a huge detour. 

One of the Foxes Trust guys on FB is saying exactly that - it’s all to do with the government tracking about spread etc on coaches 

3 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

I know travelling there by coach sounds awful, but no one can make you get back on it. Night out in London afterwards. 

I know what you mean. But would the club penalise you for breaking the ERP protocol’s, which I haven’t read. 

3 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I'm sure they must mean the local centers/are just stressing it can't be one of the ones done from home? Surely they don't expect us to travel to Birmingham. And if that was the case why would the club be linking to the Leicestershire council website?

True. Just seems confusing why they mentioned the word assisted when all of the centres they say are self administered. 

10 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

We are supposed to be a family club, surely they’ve factored this in.

I suspect the club haven't been able to have a say in every little aspect of the planning for this... 

• Like 1

Both my wife and I have been season ticket holders and accumulated 301 points each, but as I have listed her as my wife all of the points are showing under my away ticket profile. Does that mean that points are transferable between a married couple?