Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm so torn on this, last night I was like **** it, but now I'm debating it.

How do you book with a mate or two so you're on the same coach?

cant see that being an issue i cant see you being allocated a specific seat will just be a place on a coach. 

Just now, eblair said:

can season ticket holders below threshold apply for member's ballot?

i cannot on my account, that seems effing bonkers

No members only. As per the t&Cs set out for away tickets.

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I'm sure it would flag up on the clubs radar if you start adjusting your address etc. Honestly if you are that keen on going and you live in a LE post code sitting on a bus for a few hours is the price you will just have to pay. 

That would mean the club actually doing some work and checking details and people may genuinely be updating addresses as they notice they haven't done for a while (and missed all the comms).

9 hours ago, bart said:

For comparison at the Carabao Cup final Man city fans were given a choice of train (750 at £80), coach (750 at £50) or car travel (250), so I'm not sure why our options are so limited.

Also £50 to get to Manchester seems quite a deal compared to £45 for us!

I don't get why we are so limited. Obviously Man City must have got a deal with Avanti. I'd have hoped EMR would have put a couple special trains on and the club allowed people to use that.

People complainging about £45 for bus well I'm looking for trains, from my location, and it's about £80.

Guest Bert Fill
20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah and they could miss out to someone who has had a membership for one season and never been to a game in their life. 

Yes, they could. That’s part and parcel of being a member instead of a season ticket holder.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't get why we are so limited. Obviously Man City must have got a deal with Avanti. I'd have hoped EMR would have put a couple special trains on and the club allowed people to use that.

People complainging about £45 for bus well I'm looking for trains, from my location, and it's about £80.

It depends on people's situation. I think the price is OK in comparison to alternatives. However, it's the effort of the whole thing.

Personally, I am an hour and a half drive from London. Petrol would probably be around the £20 mark plus parking and tube maybe would put me close to £45. However, for me to get a coach I have to drive into Leicester, 30 mins each way, park up, leave at probably 11 (from home), sit on a bus with a mask for 2 hours+ (with stops) and the same home. If I drove myself I could leave at a reasonable time, drive in the comfort of my own vehicle without sharing with other people (a big win) and head back in my own time.

The coach is an option but I would prefer not. If I lived in Leicester city region then I would be more than happy to jump on. The club could have thought about having coaches leave from other places like Hinckley, Harborough, Loughborough, Syston etc.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah this will 100% flag up and you'll be denied IMO.

this is a weird one isn't it, i am genuinely moving to stamford this weekend so changed my address last night. my new driving license won't be here for up to 2 weeks :dunno:

wonder where it would flag up. there won't be addresses on tickets surely

Guest Bert Fill
22 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The amount of tickets available is a bit irrelevant. I feel the ballot should be available to all members and season ticket holders. That would make it the most fair way of doing it. Yes some members pay lots for home and away tickets but some only pay the £40 and then don't actually buy any tickets, where as season ticket holders pay the entire amount regardless of if they attend games or not. 

And a season ticket holder has the possibility of getting one of the other 98% of tickets that members can’t get. Seems fair enough.

A tiny fraction of available tickets is available for members who would otherwise have got precisely nothing for their members fee. Now they at least have a small chance of being able to get a ticket.

2 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

this is a weird one isn't it, i am genuinely moving to stamford this weekend so changed my address last night. my new driving license won't be here for up to 2 weeks :dunno:

wonder where it would flag up. there won't be addresses on tickets surely

No, wouldn't think so. Either way, you have a valid reason and using a passport as ID for example does not have an address on. A photo ID is to confirm you are who you are, not where you live. So addresses should and will not be checked.

• Like 2

Just now, Bert Fill said:

And a season ticket holder has the possibility of getting one of the other 98% of tickets that members can’t get. Seems fair enough.

A tiny fraction of available tickets is available for members who would otherwise have got precisely nothing for their members fee. Now they at least have a small chance of being able to get a ticket.

Exactly, being a STH quite high up on points I agree with this.

For seasons to come I would even be in favour of putting 5% of a ticket allocation into a members ballot, 10% into a STH ballot and the other 85% go on priority points. Or as mentioned before change the criteria so that a membership gives you say 5 points, a ST 10 points and then weight away games (e.g. Man U away on a Saturday 1 point, Suthampton away on a Friday night in December 3 points). The club just need to think outside the box a little more. They obviously don't care but it would help the fans.

And yes, you will always get Joe Bloggs who buys his first membership and gets a ticket to Bournemouth away over John Loyal who misses out on P2.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

A a season ticket holder for as long as I remember I have zero chance of getting a ticket. It's entirely reliant on others with points for going to away games, deciding they don't want to go, which is how it should be. 

Anyway...

25 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

No - any season ticket holder with less than 307 points has 0% chance of getting a ticket. So you could have had a season ticket for 20-30 years but not gone to an away game and have 0% chance of a final ticket and a member who only had become a member this season have a greater (albeit a small percentage) chance of getting a ticket.