Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Blimey, I don't feel quite as bad about missing out now.

We might be a club that's going places, but you can always count on our ticket office to make ****ing horrendous decisions.

It's all the government in fairness.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No - any season ticket holder with less than 307 points has 0% chance of getting a ticket. So you could have had a season ticket for 20-30 years but not gone to an away game and have 0% chance of a final ticket and a member who only had become a member this season have a greater (albeit a small percentage) chance of getting a ticket. 

Are you taking into account the fact there will be, and I mean will be, fans that won't attend simply because of all of the technicalities and hoops you have to jump through in order to go?

I'm not sure how many fans with 300+ points won't go because of it but there will be a percentage, so it's not neccessarily correct to assume only 307+ points fans will be going, it could trickle down with unsold tickets to lower points...?

You have to take into account that there are no u16s going as well, so that wipes a chunk of 300+ points off fans off, then you have people who got holidays booked, find a week's notice (which it pretty much is) is too short to organise other priorities first etc. 

Some will be quite old as well - can you imagine many 75+ year olds wanting to jump through all these hoops, many of which are probably shielding still as well.

What I'm saying is it may not necessarily just end ticket sales at 307+ points and above, so if someone has 250+ it's worth checking the website.

The day will be about as far away as you can get from just jumping in your car with your mate and buying a justpark driveway for a fiver.

Edited by smr
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Just find it amazing the club put this out there last night with no FAQs and no real way of contacting them before tickets go live at 1PM today lol 

Not amazing at all. Deliberately done to save themselves having to be accountable to thousands of fans who need clarity this morning.

What's the deal with this assisted lateral flow test sites. Surely there's no way on God's Earth they're going to tell us with a straight face we all have to decamp to fvcking Worcestershire or somewhere the day before the game? The government guidance seems very murky from what I've seen.

11 minutes ago, smr said:

Are you taking into account the fact there will be, and I mean will be, fans that won't attend simply because of all of the technicalities and hoops you have to jump through in order to go?

I'm not sure how many fans with 300+ points won't go because of it but there will be a percentage, so it's not neccessarily correct to assume only 307+ points fans will be going, it could trickle down with unsold tickets to lower points...?

You have to take into account that there are no u16s going as well, so that wipes a chunk of 300+ points off fans off, then you have people who got holidays booked, find a week's notice (which it pretty much is) is too short to organise other priorities first etc. 

Some will be quite old as well - can you imagine many 75+ year olds wanting to jump through all these hoops, many of which are probably shielding still as well.

What I'm saying is it may not necessarily just end ticket sales at 307+ points and above, so if someone has 250+ it's worth checking the website.

The day will be about as far away as you can get from just jumping in your car with your mate and buying a justpark driveway for a fiver.

Spoke to a mate today who has the points but isn’t going due to the bus demand. Probably be a few others like him 

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Not amazing at all. Deliberately done to save themselves having to be accountable to thousands of fans who need clarity this morning.

What's the deal with this assisted lateral flow test sites. Surely there's no way on God's Earth they're going to tell us with a straight face we all have to decamp to fvcking Worcestershire or somewhere the day before the game? The government guidance seems very murky from what I've seen.

You just need to find a local test site who do those. I booked mine this morning for Thursday evening, 5 min drive. So you should be able to get booked in locally. As mentioned on here, appointments are only 1 week in advance.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

No, the Leicester ones are fine. 

• Thanks 1

Will I need to take a COVID-19 testin order toattend?1.Without exception,allsupporters attending theEmirates FA CupFinal will be required to produce proof of a negative lateral flow test (SMS or email) from the48-hour period before theEmirates FA CupFinal.For clarity, The Lateral Flow Test can take place from 14:15 onwards on Thursday 13 May.It is the responsibility of all attendees to organise their own lateral flow test, which must take place at a rapid lateral flow test site. A lateral flow test taken at home will not be sufficient to obtain entry to Wembley Stadium.Details ofrapidlateral flow test sites near you can be foundhere,please filter byselecting ‘test site for people withoutsymptoms

On the FAQ, this tells me that a self administered one at a LFD testing site is fine.

Edited by Ian Nacho

1 minute ago, Bert said:

No, the Leicester ones are fine. 

It's the same test you do at home, just someone watches to make sure you "do it properly".

I've never been asked for ID when taking one though, in Leicester you just turn up and fill a form in on your phone after you scan a QR code.

The coach requirement is the most annoying, there will be 100+ coaches, it will be mayhem trying to find your coach to come home.

Don't expect a comfort break either, there is no way they will stop anywhere.

But its the FA Cup Final FFS, do you think us older supporters will have a chance again?

Well I’ve got 305 points and if it does get to my level I’m going to pass. 

It’s just too much for what it is going to be. I’m not a fan of coach travel at any time let alone wearing a mask in the current circumstances. 

There’s just too many hoops for me. 

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

100%, willy pullers.

Decided I'm not gonna bother, was tempted but it's not worth the hassle, especially with my bro and my mates not bothering, would rather watch with them in a boozer.

On the lateral flow tests, the Leicester city council ones don't seem to take bookings it's just show up, does anyone know if Leicester city council are doing anything to manage the demand on the Thursday afternoon \ all day Friday? Or as LCFC are saying you have to book a test does that mean its possible to book a Leicestershire test and have it booked rather than just turn up?

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

£40 membership getting preference over people who’ve paid out year after year is bonkers and makes a bit of a mockery of it being fair. Not that I want to go, but others will and that seems off when people have forked out £70 to retain a season ticket. 

Think on this one it should have gone to the STH's only, especially as they have paid £70 this season for retention.  There are by now a decent percentage of the 23/23.5k that have not been STH's since we were promoted and have been to plenty of away games - YET - members will get 1st dibs over those below 2/300pts but plenty of aways.  I have been both over the last 10 years, I would feel lucky if I got tickets as a member but may think on this occasion it might not have been the right approach.