Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

20 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Reply to the email I sent to my local MP asking if it was genuinely government policy that all those with an LE postcode had to travel by coach (when the 3,600 figure was being speculated on)...

B5B4B2DE-5535-43AF-85B9-360C0B9D7905.jpeg

8 hours ago, crisp packet said:

Quoted this to jim

Who stated that the social media mp statement was a load of bollocks as the club followed government advice. Have you sent the original to the club? 

6 hours ago, Whiner said:

Reply to the email I sent to my local MP asking if it was genuinely government policy that all those with an LE postcode had to travel by coach (when the 3,600 figure was being speculated on)...

B5B4B2DE-5535-43AF-85B9-360C0B9D7905.jpeg

I have just emailed club re above here is the reply 

Thank you for your email. The match on Saturday is part of the Governments Event Research Programme (ERP). This has come from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).

We have complied with the information provide to us by them.

Kind regards

Jim

The below is from the FAQ's issued by the Club, so it does  appear that they have misinformed supporters regarding the Government mandate. https://tickets.lcfc.com/custom/documents/pdf/FA Cup FAQs.pdf

image.png.b9d4d1f6304ec5dd03611a9a59d63182.png

Edited by Blue Fox 72

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

When you say before the even, is this the test I'm required to take on the same day as the match? 

Isn't this the test that isn't mandatory to access the final? Only the test from the assisted testing site? 

Yes the two tests that arrived in the post are not compulsory and if you don’t do them you can still go to the match. They are just part of the experiment to give the government more accurate data on how the event has caused or not caused COVID to spread. 

The only test you have to take is the one at the testing centre which will be required to gain access to the match

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

When you say before the even, is this the test I'm required to take on the same day as the match? 

Isn't this the test that isn't mandatory to access the final? Only the test from the assisted testing site? 

So: 

The Lateral flow test, the one you'll have booked after 2:15pm today in an assisted site, is the negative result you need to enter Wembley/coach and is mandatory. 

The one you'll have been posted today is one we're requested to do by the ERP (events research programme). Now that you don't need to do, but is requested. That's a PCR test you'll do prior to the event (I did mine at a site yesterday for instance). You'll then do another of these within 5 days after the final to help them understand how if any Covid transmission has taken place.

Does that clarify it a bit for you mate?

https://help.wembleystadium.com/support/solutions/articles/7000064444

The testing section of this link should help if I've not explained anything well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

The below is from the FAQ's issued by the Club, so they have definitely misinformed everyone regarding the Government mandate. https://tickets.lcfc.com/custom/documents/pdf/FA Cup FAQs.pdf

You see, we don't know if that's the case that the club has straight up misinformed up, had contradicting information from the DCMS or been told directly to. 

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So: 

The Lateral flow test, the one you'll have booked after 2:15pm today in an assisted site, is the negative result you need to enter Wembley/coach and is mandatory. 

The one you'll have been posted today is one we're requested to do by the ERP (events research programme). Now that you don't need to do, but is requested. That's a PCR test you'll do prior to the event (I did mine at a site yesterday for instance). You'll then do another of these within 5 days after the final to help them understand how if any Covid transmission has taken place.

Does that clarify it a bit for you mate?

https://help.wembleystadium.com/support/solutions/articles/7000064444https://help.wembleystadium.com/support/solutions/articles/7000064444

The testing section of this link should help if I've not explained anything well. 

Nice one. Thanks all for your help :)

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

How do i print off my ticket? I've had a confirmation email and it shows online i have purchased them, am i waiting for another email? or do i press distribute on the lcfc site.

You're waiting for an email today mate. If you've heard nothing by 5pm, contact the ticket office. 

15 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

The below is from the FAQ's issued by the Club, so they have definitely misinformed everyone regarding the Government mandate. https://tickets.lcfc.com/custom/documents/pdf/FA Cup FAQs.pdf

Splitting hairs a bit as well, but they describe living in "Leicester" and having an LE postcode as they same thing, when in fact you can have an LE postcode in Loughborough, Coalville, Oakham, Market Harborough and Melton for example and definately not live "in Leicester"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You see, we don't know if that's the case that the club has straight up misinformed up, had contradicting information from the DCMS or been told directly to. 

Well it is the Government's ERP (events research programme) and the DCMS also belongs to the Government, so looks very poor from the Club as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

Splitting hairs a bit as well, but they describe living in "Leicester" and having an LE postcode as they same thing, when in fact you can have an LE postcode in Loughborough, Coalville, Oakham, Market Harborough and Melton for example and definately not live "in Leicester"

Or 100 yards from a cv postcode!

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Well it is the Government's ERP (events research programme) and the DCMS is also belongs to the Government, so looks very poor from the Club as far as I'm concerned.

"and it's stakeholders" could mean the FA, Wembley etc as well. 

The club are accountable here, but how much so we don't know as we simply don't know the goings on behind the scenes. 

6 minutes ago, stu said:

For anyone who hasn't had/seen the email from the club. The supporter packs for those with Wembley tickets will be in your seats in the stadium.

Unless you purchased them yesterday! 

56 minutes ago, Adster said:

Really confused...was told on the Leicester website I had to do a covid test at a site after today..bit a random covid testing kit has been pushed through my letterbox this morning. Am I missing something? 

Ahhhhhrrrrrrgggggggg

Why can't people read 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Has anyone actually had their tickets or are they all being sent around 5pm?

Probably just as soon as we're all poised to ring/email/tweet the club they will probably pop up in the inbox at 4.55pm.

I swear they are just toying with us over this whole thing.

In about 4 hours time we will all be very happy because we have printed off our FA Cup final tickets

OR

We will all be banging our heads against the wall because 6,000 folk are all trying to contact the ticket office at the same time.