Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

This was my email to him (I put it earlier in this thread as a template for others if they wanted):

Hello Edward,

I hope you are well.

I’m writing to you to request more details about the government’s stance on travel for Leicester City supporters attending the FA Cup Final at Wembley on Saturday 15th May.

Initial information released by the club was that all supporters with an LE postcode had been mandated by the government to travel on coach only only and not other modes of transport (such as train or car).

As my local government representative, can you please provide some additional clarity on the government’s policy for this event, specifically with reference to mode of transport?

Speculation online has recently suggested that in actual fact only 3,600 of the 6,250 need to travel by coach and that the club has been deceitful in saying that the government had mandated all with an LE postcode (which includes myself and my father). If this is found to be the case, what will the government be doing to hold the club accountable for misrepresenting the truth on government policy.

Thanks,

Fair play. Confirms that the club has misled everyone. Least they could do is now say that people can travel how they like. They should however also refund coach tickets for those not wanting them. However I doubt either has happened. Can I ask if you have sent the emails to the club?

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

See this is the other extreme. We have those who praise absolutely everything and those who jump at every opportunity to criticise. 

The club absolutely need picking up on this if what the MP says is fully true. Even if it isn't, we need that clarification in future on what has been decided and why. I hope UFS and Foxes Trust are able to escalate this and get a proper answer from the club. 

It absolutely isn't the other extreme and I have no idea what made you think that. The rest is right though.

I'll pull up things like this because the reputation they have is going to wrongfully absolve them of the shitstorm they deserve to get for this.

They've chosen to lie, to make everything more inconvenient to make a few quid.

• Like 3

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

The club probably shouldn’t include this link on their own FAQ’s then to be fair.

It literally says each target group (Leicester fans) will be told which type of tests we can use. Which we have. It’s not misleading at all. 

I know the coaches are first come first serve on the way down, does anyone know if it is the same on the way back up or will we be returning on the same coach?

Just wondering if there’ll be any scope to leave stuff on the coach for the way back etc.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

You have to have proof on your phone, or a printed email, that you are negative. Doing one at home doesn't send an email or text. Did you seriously think you could just turn up with a used test kit and get in?

Tbf they do. You register the kit and submit your results, which sends you a text. Just you can cheat the system that way should you wish. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You have to have proof on your phone, or a printed email, that you are negative. Doing one at home doesn't send an email or text. Did you seriously think you could just turn up with a used test kit and get in?

Doing a test at home provides you with a QR code that you upload to the government website and you receive a confirmation of your negative test, so to answer your question- no I didn’t.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Doing a test at home provides you with a QR code that you upload to the government website and you receive a confirmation of your negative test.

It could be anyone taking it at home, though having said that you could send anyone to the testing centre in your place if you thought you may be positive.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

It could be anyone taking it at home, though having said that you could send anyone to the testing centre in your place if you thought you may be positive.

Well yeah, that’s what some people are allowed to do to get in.

10 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

From what I read You can register your home test on the government website and it generates a text and email the exact same as the one you get from an actual test centre 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Can we all just stop moaning. Yes, it isn’t perfect but we’re the lucky ones that are going on a 4 hour bus with no clear departure time that we were told was mandated by the government, but then actually wasn’t, at £45 a pop which we were told was subsidised, but then actually wasn’t, to an FA Cup final!

Fixed it for you :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well yeah, that’s what some people are allowed to do to get in.

Correct, I have a ticket for club Wembley and our section are required to do at home test. Once done you scan it to gov website and get a text and email to confirm result. I do this twice weekly already for work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gonnabeblueforever said:

Correct, I have a ticket for club Wembley and our section are required to do at home test. Once done you scan it to gov website and get a text and email to confirm result. I do this twice weekly already for work.

Posh people less likely to be riddled, I understand lol 

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Posh people less likely to be riddled, I understand lol 

I suspect more easily traced via the member who is responsible for the seat. 

however, if my ticket for Saturday has no ID on it and I only have to show my neg test result on my phone to get in then it is, in effect, a ‘charade’ where the majority will be traceable but many will not. I guess the acceptance by the authorities is that there is very little covid circulating and with fans wearing masks outdoors, the risks are negligible. 

28 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Just had an email that my home testing kit will be delivered today I guess that’s for after the final, not even got the ticket yet 😂

Me too..

What do we need to do to "register" our test? On the email when I booked it, it says make sure you register online, or you won't get test results. 

No idea how to do that though?

28 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Me too..

What do we need to do to "register" our test? On the email when I booked it, it says make sure you register online, or you won't get test results. 

No idea how to do that though?

The test kit you have arriving today will be the PCR test kit which you do after the game (within 5 days) and is not compulsory. I imagine the details how to register etc will be in the kit.