Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I have the option (even now) to buy a ticket for someone who is "linked" to my account - but isn't going.

He doesn't want to go, but I could buy "his" ticket and if there were a way of someone else using it?

The thing which may make it difficult is the consent form - all ticket purchasers needed to fill this out to consent to be part of the scheme and provide their season ticket reference number.

That said, if I was in your position I'd probably go for it and chance it

Edited by Houdini Logic

15 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I have the option (even now) to buy a ticket for someone who is "linked" to my account - but isn't going.

He doesn't want to go, but I could buy "his" ticket and if there were a way of someone else using it?

As far as I’m aware, they match the ERP form to the supporters reference on the ticket. I imagine as there’s no match they won’t release the ticket for print @ home :( 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So Ticket office have said they won't not let you in, but nothing about Wembley not letting you in. 

It's a risk whatever way you look at it, however you interpret the answer. 

Yeah it’s definitely still a risk.

21 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Ring the ticket office I would say.

11 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

The thing which may make it difficult is the consent form - all ticket purchasers needed to fill this out to consent to be part of the scheme and provide their season ticket reference number.

That said, if I was in your position I'd probably go for it and chance it

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

As far as I’m aware, they match the ERP form to the supporters reference on the ticket. I imagine as there’s no match they won’t release the ticket for print @ home :( 

I'm at work, so I can't call the ticket office at the moment unfotuantely. Plus it sounds ike it might not work anyway. Shame, was just a thought to be able to help out someone like @Ricey to get a ticket

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I'm at work, so I can't call the ticket office at the moment unfotuantely. Plus it sounds ike it might not work anyway. Shame, was just a thought to be able to help out someone like @Ricey to get a ticket

The people on the phones are quite empathetic, it's their manager who is refusing to show any empathy or common sense and allow for the final tickets to be sold.

OK, so I know this has been asked before BUT .... I just received 2 x home testing kits in the post

I have to do one of these BEFORE the final and one a few days after? And this is in addition to the one booked at the testing centre tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

OK, so I know this has been asked before BUT .... I just received 2 x home testing kits in the post

I have to do one of these BEFORE the final and one a few days after? And this is in addition to the one booked at the testing centre tomorrow?

Yes mate. 

You do a PCR before the event and send it off. Then a lateral flow at the assisted testing site to gain entry into the ground. And then another PCR test a few days after the event. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes mate. 

You do a PCR before the event and send it off. Then a lateral flow at the assisted testing site to gain entry into the ground. And then another PCR test a few days after the event. 

Cool, thanks mate

People don;t half like to make things complicated

You can't buy a ticket for someone who isn't the named ticket holder.....SIMPLE

If you are on the bus then go on the bus, otherwise you risk not getting into the ground. If you want to take that risk then fine, but you might miss the final. 

Nobody on here can give any other answer than that because they don;t work for Wembley or the club. 

46 minutes ago, Livid said:

Looks like everything points to me actually receiving a ticket.

Covid test kit on the way and an email from the club telling me as a ticket holder my supporter pack will be waiting for me at Wembley and not sent home. 

Just need the actual ticket now. 

Same for me no supporter pack arrived so guess it's at Wembley. Be interesting to know when we'll get sent the tickets to allow everyone to sort anything out if any issues.

• Like 1

I'm not one for slagging the club off, but I think they handled this poorly.

Some people have said, that if the club had dropped it to 301 or 300 points, they would've been swamped.  But I don't think that would've been the case.

If you've only been to 1 away game in 6 years (or none), you're probably not going to be absolutely desperate to go to Wembley.

And even if you did quite fancy a trip, you might've been happy to go to the Champions League spot decider against Tottenham instead.
 (that's 8000 taken straight out the equation).

Even if several hundred did want to go, and they were put into a random queue ... a sort of "pseudo ballot".  So what?

Oh, and just to complete matters, at 10.50 the club said

"Leicester City’s ticket allocation for the Emirates FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium against Chelsea on Saturday 15 May, 2021 (KO 5:15pm) has now sold out after an additional batch of 450 tickets were made available to Season Ticket Holders with 302+ Away Priority Points."

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2129978/important-supporter-information-fa-cup-final

Which I don't think was the case, as all morning today there have been between 30 and 50 tickets available.

24 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Just tried to buy a ticket for my mate whose points level is below the threshold. It wouldn’t let me.

You’re surprised by that then? :huh:

Regarding ‘worth the waits’ post, did we get a point for the Community sheild game?

I can’t remember but I know someone on 301 points who wanted to go, so I would say there were plenty in 300-301 who would’ve gone as 300 is basically any STH for last 6 years which there’s thousands like that who never travel but would for a cup final but as others say if you never go to aways don’t moan if you them can’t go because you are low on points.

7 minutes ago, promised land said:

You’re surprised by that then? :huh:

Regarding ‘worth the waits’ post, did we get a point for the Community sheild game?

I can’t remember but I know someone on 301 points who wanted to go, so I would say there were plenty in 300-301 who would’ve gone as 300 is basically any STH for last 6 years which there’s thousands like that who never travel but would for a cup final but as others say if you never go to aways don’t moan if you them can’t go because you are low on points.

Yeah you would have got a point for the community shield 

Reply to the email I sent to my local MP asking if it was genuinely government policy that all those with an LE postcode had to travel by coach (when the 3,600 figure was being speculated on)...

B5B4B2DE-5535-43AF-85B9-360C0B9D7905.jpeg

I have just emailed club re above here is the reply 

Thank you for your email. The match on Saturday is part of the Governments Event Research Programme (ERP). This has come from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).

We have complied with the information provide to us by them.

Kind regards

Jim

Really confused...was told on the Leicester website I had to do a covid test at a site after today..bit a random covid testing kit has been pushed through my letterbox this morning. Am I missing something? 

1 minute ago, Adster said:

Really confused...was told on the Leicester website I had to do a covid test at a site after today..bit a random covid testing kit has been pushed through my letterbox this morning. Am I missing something? 

oh dear, just look up a few posts and you will have your answer

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

I'm not one for slagging the club off, but I think they handled this poorly.

Some people have said, that if the club had dropped it to 301 or 300 points, they would've been swamped.  But I don't think that would've been the case.

If you've only been to 1 away game in 6 years (or none), you're probably not going to be absolutely desperate to go to Wembley.

And even if you did quite fancy a trip, you might've been happy to go to the Champions League spot decider against Tottenham instead.
 (that's 8000 taken straight out the equation).

Even if several hundred did want to go, and they were put into a random queue ... a sort of "pseudo ballot".  So what?

"Leicester City’s ticket allocation for the Emirates FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium against Chelsea on Saturday 15 May, 2021 (KO 5:15pm) has now sold out after an additional batch of 450 tickets were made available to Season Ticket Holders with 302+ Away Priority Points."

Which I don't think was the case, as all morning today there have been between 30 and 50 tickets available.

I did some rough working out that I posted on here last night, I estimated there would be around 5000 fans on 300 points that would be eligible for the tickets 

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

They are still on sale.....

B0717B72-DE2F-4791-A882-9577461880A9.thumb.jpeg.a6c64f22d35d56267e47e99de26a54d9.jpeg

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes mate. 

When you say before the even, is this the test I'm required to take on the same day as the match? 

Isn't this the test that isn't mandatory to access the final? Only the test from the assisted testing site? 

1 minute ago, Adster said:

When you say before the even, is this the test I'm required to take on the same day as the match? 

Isn't this the test that isn't mandatory to access the final? Only the test from the assisted testing site? 

The PCR test that came through the door  should be taken before the final, preferably on the same day, and posted off. Then take the second PCR test on Thursday, five days after. These are purely for research purposes.

Only the lateral flow test, taken at the test centre before Saturday  is mandatory for entry into Wembley.