Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

The mind boggles that we're mandated to print stuff out in 2021. 

I honestly would assume this is a COVID procedure. You printing your own ticket out reduces people handling either the ticket, printer tickets and any envelopes. Then reduces number needed in any office as well 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I honestly would assume this is a COVID procedure. You printing your own ticket out reduces people handling either the ticket, printer tickets and any envelopes. Then reduces number needed in any office as well 

You would have thought there would be an option to scan a QR code or barcode from your phone at the turnstile, rather than having to print it out.

I do miss having a proper, official ticket though - always a nice souvenir.  Something you print at home isnt quite the same.

• Like 2

Just now, Big Dave said:

You would have thought there would be an option to scan a QR code or barcode from your phone at the turnstile, rather than having to print it out.

I do miss having a proper, official ticket though - always a nice souvenir.  Something you print at home isnt quite the same.

I guess not everyone has a smart phone maybe? Same can be said for printers but they're easier to get hold of through friends or library etc. 

Clutching at straws there, but first things that came to mind 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I was more referring to th fact I just prefer e-tickets lol 

I'm an IT manager, so hate printers they're garbage!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

I was more referring to th fact I just prefer e-tickets lol 

I'm an IT manager, so hate printers they're garbage!

Should be an option - print or scan from your phone.  Vast majority of people are covered then.

Its not always easy to print off a phone if you do not have a computer.

Edited by Big Dave

3 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

When your Great grandson/daughter is rooting through all your old bits & bobs in the attic in years to come, imagine how excited he/she will be to find a printed off piece of scanned A4 paper as opposed to a proper match ticket!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

Should be an option - print or scan from your phone.  Vast majority of people are covered then.

Its not always easy to print off a phone if you do not have a computer.

Spot on..I HATE having to boot up my printer to do this - only to find the printer doesn't fvcking work and I have to spend an hour diagnosing and fixing the problem lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Might be a really silly question but On the lateral flow results, should they have the place name you taken the test at on them? 

My test result email doesn't state where it was done, or the time it was done, just my name, date of birth and date of test.  And the result obviously!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Tickets have names on them 

I guess buying from a tout will be a bigger risk now ….

Yes - they may well check names carefully, so will need matching names on ticket, covid test and ID.  Although comments from people at the Carabao Cup Final suggested that the checks were not thorough.  

Spoke to ticket office this morning who confirmed that just turn up between 10.30 and 12.30 , people will be checked on to next coach and it leaves. They also advised that we would travel back on the same coach so if there wasn’t a coach number remember to take a photo of registration no🤪is there a coach equivalent of Eddie Stobart spotters🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

Are they really going to check every persons results . It could take ages getting in . I just got mine but it’s not easy to see unless you read it properly . 

They likely will. You read 2 lines and it says negative or positive, after a few it'll become second nature.

We've had people complain about going on a coach due to their risk concerns, and we have others complaining that they'll actually check. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

Oh, didn’t realise that.  I just shoved them in a drawer - I’d perhaps better read what they say 🤣

Sorry, should also say they are not mandatory. However, as it is a test event it would really help get the government some meaningful data and might enable stadiums to welcome more fans back quicker.