Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

11 hours ago, Livid said:

No bigger than A4 size. Their own merchandise is in clear bag which remains sealed until inside stadium. 

https://www.wembleystadium.com/news/2018/sep/07/wembley-restricted-bag-policy

Thanks for this - I didn't even realise there was a bag policy.  My small back-pack is bigger than that.  An A4 sized bag is tiny.  Not that I want to take much with me, but I will struggle to find a bag that small.

Does anyone know how strict this is enforced?

11 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Is there a difference between the result confirmation you receive from a Lateral Flow Test done at a centre compared to one you do on your own at home and upload to the gov website?

No - the email and text is exactly the same no matter whether you do it in-person or at home.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Is there a difference between the result confirmation you receive from a Lateral Flow Test done at a centre compared to one you do on your own at home and upload to the gov website?

i had both the procedures over that last few days;  the procedures little different but the email and text are the same either way

Edited by jogsuk
correcting the statement
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jogsuk said:

i had both the procedures over that last few days;  the procedures little different but the email and text are the same either way

Its really weird that we had to go to a centre to get this done, if we get the same email / text.

I went and got mine done yesterday, and was expecting the name of the test centre to be on the message.

I was wondering if we had to do this test at a test centre so that it could be checked that the right person was getting tested (i.e. if I knew I had symptoms, I could get my mate to do a home test), so was expecting to show some ID at the test centre, but I could have put anyones name on the test.

13 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Its really weird that we had to go to a centre to get this done, if we get the same email / text.

I went and got mine done yesterday, and was expecting the name of the test centre to be on the message.

I was wondering if we had to do this test at a test centre so that it could be checked that the right person was getting tested (i.e. if I knew I had symptoms, I could get my mate to do a home test), so was expecting to show some ID at the test centre, but I could have put anyones name on the test.

i guess we all have to take some perosnal responsibility not to reinfect our fellow fans. same as anyone going out knowing that they are infected (even going to a cup final)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Thanks

My lad doesn't have a driving license and taking a passport to a football match probably isn't a good idea. We'll take London travel cards, doubt they'll check anyway.

My daughter was intending to use her TFL travel card as ID as she will be using it to get to Wembley anyway. Passport photo is more up  to date but as you say we don't fancy carrying that around.

6 minutes ago, isaidno said:

My biggest concern at the moment is trying to scan a disintegrated piece of wet paper through the ticket machine at Wembley. 

I'd download the ticket onto your phone too. Back up you may not need, but can still be scanned

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

I think the main point of going to a test centre was that you wouldn't rig the result by just putting "negative" when you did it yourself no matter what. Test centres process the result and send it to you so you can't fake the outcome.

Like you say, there's the potential of sending someone to do it for you... but then you're having to do work to either know your mate is negative, or assume he will be negative and send them with every last detail as per the registration form. Basically a lot of effort I doubt anyone would bother to go through.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PAULCFC said:

Guess your ticket to get in is the ticket for the bus....not had anything else?

Your original ticket confirmation when you booked is your confirmation of the bus.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Off down to Ryman’s to print my ticket in a bit; COVID test this evening. Think I’m going to park at Stanmore and tube it in.

STRESS!

There should be room on one of the side streets (take the first left after you pass the station) to park rather than paying to use the car park. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Anybody think it will be a big deal that my tickets are printed portrait not landscape? Can’t be arsed to go back down the shops and do it again. Surely they wouldn’t refuse that? 

If you can scan the code it will be fine.

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Anybody think it will be a big deal that my tickets are printed portrait not landscape? Can’t be arsed to go back down the shops and do it again. Surely they wouldn’t refuse that? 

have it downloaded to your phone to be safe, it'd be a bit risky for me personally - i'd go get it reprinted, im not taking any risks or shortcuts tomorrow

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Just make sure you have it handy on your phone as well, just in case.