Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheffield United 5-0 Post Match Thread

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I honestly think Sheffield United performed worse than Southampton did in the game we won 9-0. They were unbelievably bad. 

They've not been THAT  bad all season. I guess the Wilder thing broke their spirit.

It was extraordinarily bad though. With no exaggeration, it was non league level. The game panned out as if we were playing Runcorn in the FA Cup. Keeping the score respectable for an hour without once threatening before inevitable collapse. 

It was singularly the worst performance I've ever seen from PL side against us.

15 hours ago, Parafox said:

Same here but daughter instead. Tried to listen on the radio but her constant chatter drowned everything out. Still love her though... (I guess).

It's my own fault, I picked her up and took her home either side of the match. :(

Same here. Love my son and daughter, even if neither of them are remotely interested in City. Just wish they would look at the fixtures before they come calling... :scarf:

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

So...can anyone tell me why our..2nd or 3rd goal wasn't disallowed for Wilf's hand ball?

I can't remember which one it was now haha. The commentators didn't seem to pick up on it

Was that the one where one of our players was fouled but the ref let it go? Wonder if sometimes refs have their own version of advantage/karmic law vs. the rule book. Divine justice perhaps.

16 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Was that the one where one of our players was fouled but the ref let it go? Wonder if sometimes refs have their own version of advantage/karmic law vs. the rule book. Divine justice perhaps.

I'm wondering if it's a trick of the eye, it's really hard to tell if it hits wilf or the sheffield united player. I just found it weird we never saw a close up replay, if VAR had been checking that then they would have showed a replay on sky.

It's at 10:28 here.

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/2067380/leicester-city-5-sheffield-united-0

Edited by filbertway

36 minutes ago, gerblod said:

and....your point in relation to Vardy's ability?

You said 'He's equal to or better than ANY other striker in this league when making assists'

I'm pointing out that Kane has almost double the number of assists that Vardy has, so Vardy isn't equal or better than ANY other striker in this league when making assists.

Unless Kane no longer count as a striker?

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

...( his defending also aint that bad..!!). add Perez who vision is as Goodas any in the PL, But just lacks that ball Control that Maddison gives us....Vardy also helps to bring in our FBs & Wbs..

Now with Nacho ticking  ,Perez or a fully fit Maddison find Space Opening up for them...

Vardy is still integral to all movement in the Final 3er when we are driving forward....

I thought it was brilliant Now Nacho recognized Vardy's Involvement and teamates  also celebrated Vardy's involvement, plus how " The team"  brought Nacho into the inner-fold and celebrated with him his exceptional game with that hat-trick he had....

We have hardly had the same Team on the pitch...But I am sure we can all see, no matter who plays, or comes on, our team-ethic, togetherness and spirit is shared through the whole squad....

:clap:

Vardy's work ethic is an example for any prima-donna who considers his contribution limited to his allotted role on the team sheet.

I've was never a huge fan of Albrighton but I'm now a convert. He's filling a role that reminds me a bit of John McGovern at Derby and Forest - not flashy, but hard-working and more talented than he's given credit for.

I've also been critical of Ayoze Perez. However Matt Piper has consistently extolled his movement and positioning abilities and this was also commented upon by a sports writer in one of the 'quality' dailys this morning. So it must be true :yesyes:.

Yesterday's performance indicated that, given a (more than) competent back line, two exceptional wing-backs and Tielemans and N'Didi in the centre, the front three have increased opportunity to create chances - which hitherto have been lacking because defence and midfield have been so compromised by injuries. That solidity means that Rodgers' in-game changes can be proactive rather than reactive. It seems that the Vardy/Nacho/Perez might be an equally inviting option as the Barnes/Maddison/Vardy 'combo'. Or variations of the six - although Vardy remains the most influential.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You said 'He's equal to or better than ANY other striker in this league when making assists'. I'm pointing out that Kane has almost double the number of assists that Vardy has, so Vardy isn't equal or better than ANY other striker in this league when making assists.

Unless Kane no longer count as a striker?

I'm not taking the statistical stance, nor was I limiting my comment to this season - when Vardy has been sidelined and had to have surgery. Sure, the numbers indicate a trend, but I'm praising his thinking, his unselfishness and movement, not his numbers.

The last statement is wasted on me I'm afraid. I admire Kane - who wouldn't, but I find it tedious that a City fan would choose to take up his 'cause', when I didn't specifically compare him to Vardy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm wondering if it's a trick of the eye, it's really hard to tell if it hits wilf or the sheffield united player. I just found it weird we never saw a close up replay, if VAR had been checking that then they would have showed a replay on sky.

It's at 10:28 here.

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/2067380/leicester-city-5-sheffield-united-0

They only rule out a goal for handball if it's scored directly with the arm, or if the handball directly leads to the shooting chance. 

29 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

They only rule out a goal for handball if it's scored directly with the arm, or if the handball directly leads to the shooting chance. 

Is that so? I'm obviously a bit behind, I didnt think that rule kicked in till July

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

unknown.png

According to the XG, this was their chance. I think it was shortly after Vardy almost scored for us, and was a header.

I'd ask if it counts at all if heading for the corner flag instead, but then I remember Huth's free-kick, so... lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

I'm not taking the statistical stance, nor was I limiting my comment to this season - when Vardy has been sidelined and had to have surgery. Sure, the numbers indicate a trend, but I'm praising his thinking, his unselfishness and movement, not his numbers.

The last statement is wasted on me I'm afraid. I admire Kane - who wouldn't, but I find it tedious that a City fan would choose to take up his 'cause', when I didn't specifically compare him to Vardy.

I'm not taking up the 'cause' for Kane but clearly when he's got almost double the number of assists that Vardy has then it's pushing things a tad to claim that Vardy is the best at assists in the league.

Sorry for being tedious, I'm all for bigging up our players but not when it clearly can't be supported by the figures.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Is that so? I'm obviously a bit behind, I didnt think that rule kicked in till July

Ah yeah I think that's right. 

I wonder if the Wilf one wasn't checked because it was deemed to be a different phase or too long before the actual goal

17 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Ah yeah I think that's right. 

I wonder if the Wilf one wasn't checked because it was deemed to be a different phase or too long before the actual goal

I can't help but think if it happened against a "big 6" team that it'd have been pulled up haha

Just now, hackneyfox said:

I'm not taking up the 'cause' for Kane but clearly when he's got almost double the number of assists that Vardy has then it's pushing things a tad to claim that Vardy is the best at assists in the league.

Sorry for being tedious, I'm all for bigging up our players but not when it clearly can't be supported by the figures.

Really? Are you?

I explained the basis of what I was stating. It wasn't based on stats - it was purely based on Vardy's innate ability to pick out a potential for a team mate to score. It's not "bigging up" one of our players - that would be hardly necessary in his case and I've been watching football for sixty years - so I tend not to go overboard about players. I've seen the best.

But, while we're here, how about thinking about the different circumstances they play in. Kane has a natural outlet for his assists - Vardy doesn't. Kane knows that Son will be there or thereabouts to slot one home. Who is Vardy's natural scoring partner? There ain't one.

3 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Really? Are you?

I explained the basis of what I was stating. It wasn't based on stats - it was purely based on Vardy's innate ability to pick out a potential for a team mate to score. It's not "bigging up" one of our players - that would be hardly necessary in his case and I've been watching football for sixty years - so I tend not to go overboard about players. I've seen the best.

But, while we're here, how about thinking about the different circumstances they play in. Kane has a natural outlet for his assists - Vardy doesn't. Kane knows that Son will be there or thereabouts to slot one home. Who is Vardy's natural scoring partner? There ain't one.

I believe that two of my favourite people might be arguing over nothing... 

• Like 1