Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheffield United 5-0 Post Match Thread

It's very hard to highlight one player in the shower of shite that is Sheffield United but special shout out to Oliver Burke. Consistently shocked that he's managed to somehow get a gig as a professional footballer let alone one in the Premier League.

Every time I watch him he looks like he's won a competition, he's had 2 £10million+ transfers lol

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still got Newcastle at home to come and Southampton away as well. I WANT TWENTY FCUKIN NIL

Lets First get the twenty, then the  Fcukin will come afterwards, with a marvellous and emotional Babyboo around the shire...

All those Little Foxes ,potentially to Set  the World a Merry chase....

Edited by fuchsntf

26 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

What happened to Ricardo...just precaution? 

The consensus by the pundits and commentators was that he took a knock in the first half and was taken off as a precaution as he’s still getting back to full fitness

• Like 1

Vardy as supplier - something he's always been good at anyway - is the way we prolong his career with us if he really is on the decline now in terms of his goalscoring threat.

A new understudy in the summer is still vital, but if this is the way it's gonna be for the next season or so, i'd be delighted with that.

Brilliant performance by all the team today. Especially happy for kelechi as he deserved those goals, put in a real shift and hope he continues as he is. Thought kevin and perez were great too. Vards almost back to his best, minus the finishing. We definitely looked more rested than in previous weeks. Hope ricardo was just a precaution, even though he looked a bit off. Great day! 

• Like 2

Vardy will be back in a goal scoring capacity. I’m sure of that as physically he seemed sharp today, and had chances. He fluffed them all but that’s a mental thing and I’m confident he’ll sort it.

I did think he’d lost a yard, and then I’d be agreeing with those saying he may need to be repurposed in the near future.

24 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

The consensus by the pundits and commentators was that he took a knock in the first half and was taken off as a precaution as he’s still getting back to full fitness

Yeah Rodgers confirmed it in the interview just after I’d posted too. 

29 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Don't won't to start a argument, but l would have been happy still to be in Europe, but yes it was noticeably how fresh the players were, but you might have the same problem next season!  

Yes, it will certainly be a challenge but we'll be part of the biggest party in world football and with a great transfer window we'll have a deeper squad much better able to cope

Just before the camera pulled away from Iheanacho after his third you could see that was actually sobbing. He’s had a tough time in Vardy’s shadow and our fans have been extremely critical of him at times, wanting rid soon. For him to show up just when we needed him most and do what he has done in the last three games has been nothing short of wonderful. I am so pleased for him and it was heart opening to see just how much it meant to him.

I feared another collapse but this team is now showing it’s mettle and confidence will be high moving forwards. Come on Leicester!

I’m dreaming of third as I have a nasty feeling the team in fourth will lose a Champions League spot to Liverpool. I would hate that to happen to us. That said a long way to go yet. It’s squeaky bum time!

(Repost of a Sydenham Fox post in the Grauniad)

Edited by Steven
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

It's very hard to highlight one player in the shower of shite that is Sheffield United but special shout out to Oliver Burke. Consistently shocked that he's managed to somehow get a gig as a professional footballer let alone one in the Premier League.

Every time I watch him he looks like he's won a competition, he's had 2 £10million+ transfers lol

I heard he's the next Dalglish.

I missed it! My son came over with a Mothers Day present, and left at 4:30. I still can't quite believe it.

Does anyone know where I can see extended highlights? There's three minutes on You Tube, but I want more. And I want the PL not to show matches on Mothers Day. Five bastard nil and I missed the lot. Bollogs.