Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheffield United 5-0 Post Match Thread

Superb in the end. Took a while to get going but once we had that first we could've ended up with anything. Iheanacho's somebody to keep and utilise. He's for the most part been very decent under Rodgers. Perez likewise - probably his best game other than the 9-0.

• Like 2

We took some time to break them down but once we scored the first we were always going to get more

Makes us 8 clear of 5th place I think?

Anyone know when Maddison will be back in the frame again?

Iheanacho was lethal today, Perez was superb and Vardy was his usual energetic self. 
I’m not of the mind he’s scoring days are gone. On another day he’d have had a brace today and I think he’ll get his shooting boots back on soon

Tasty from Leicester, took a good half an hour to get ourselves into gear. But the goal before half time a major boost for everyone. Made the second half a lot enjoyable and confident  in then a pretty easy performance. In which vardy and Nacho Partnership upfront was on fire. Kasper could have gone to the club shop and back bought a magazine and read it, he was not tested once.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We took some time to break them down but once we scored the first we were always going to get more

Makes us 8 clear of 5th place I think?

Anyone know when Maddison will be back in the frame again?

Iheanacho was lethal today, Perez was superb and Vardy was his usual energetic self. 
I’m not of the mind he’s scoring days are gone. On another day he’d have had a brace today and I think he’ll get his shooting boots back on soon

Spammers have 2 games in hand though...

Need Manure to beat them later.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steven said:

Just before the camera pulled away from Iheanacho after his third you could see that was actually sobbing. He’s had a tough time in Vardy’s shadow and our fans have been extremely critical of him at times, wanting rid soon. For him to show up just when we needed him most and do what he has done in the last three games has been nothing short of wonderful. I am so pleased for him and it was heart opening to see just how much it meant to him.

I feared another collapse but this team is now showing it’s mettle and confidence will be high moving forwards. Come on Leicester!

I’m dreaming of third as I have a nasty feeling the team in fourth will lose a Champions League spot to Liverpool. I would hate that to happen to us. That said a long way to go yet. It’s squeaky bum time!

The last bit can't happen now, the only way 4th doesn't get CL is if a team outside the top 4 wins the CL and a team outside the top 4 wins the Europa League.

So that would be Liverpool winning CL and Spurs or Arsenal winning the EL.

3rd is obviously preferable to 4th, but 2nd, 3rd or 4th is the same in terms of CL qualification apart from in the unlikely scenario above.

Worth pointing out that Sheffield United were a complete joke and will will obviously have much tougher assignments in the next 2 months.

That said Bournemouth weren't pulling up many trees before that game last summer so hopefully it's a sign we've gotten that kind of collapse out of our system. It's great to be posting after a win like that.

Tough on Vardy not to score(but had a fine game overall) but great for Nachoman to get on the scoresheet. Too often its been the other way round.

Got through arguably the toughest schedule of games in recent history and as of now 2nd place is a great reflection of that however short that may be.

And now a decent break to recharge the batteries.

Well done to everyone.:brendan:

26 minutes ago, enmac said:

Chuffed for Kel. Well deserved reward. 

Just found this bio about him. Now I understand his goal celebration. What a top bloke. 

https://lifebogger.com/kelechi-iheanacho-childhood-story-plus-untold-biography-facts/

Interesting read, until it got a bit weird at the end, talking about the kind of lady he might be interested in marrying or impregnating! lol

• Like 1

there are 5-0 thrashings, and then there are 5-0 THRASHINGS!

We absolutely dismantled them piece by piece and looked like we could score any time we wanted to. OK, they were desperately poor and once the second went in they just capitulated and were there for the taking, but you can only beat the team that is in front of you, and we did that with knobs on.

It was particularly pleasing to see us so hungry even when the game was effectively won, fighting for every 50-50,  wanting the ball, keeping it moving and looking for opportunities to play someone in.

I was nervous before this one as it really was important we got a result with those around us likely to drop points and our upcoming tough games but we smashed it.

33 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Incredibly embarrased that i assumed vardy was a finished footballer after 50 minutes today. I shall never post in the match chat ever again.

He’s the finished article but today he just couldn’t finish. Does that help?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

From memory it was only for two years anyway 

Yes that Clause finished After he Complete his two years....

He stays here with Contract Extension he will get a rise...but obviously Not so much if Man.City put a bid in and we sell him..

Credit to Rogers for getting it right today, Perez plays SO much better in a central position and with Nacho in such good form we had enough on the pitch to break them down. The hardest goal was always going to be the first, after that we enjoyed ourselves and were very professional.

Huge contrast to Fulham at home where we never looked close to breaking them down. It's all about getting the right balance for me

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Blimey there's usually 20 odd pages for the post match thread by now.  Almost as if we won, and the 2 foxestalk scapegoats smashed it 👀

The reason Why we haven t reached  20 pages long, is because many negative posters, are sitting with mom & behaving themselves,

Plus we havent got any scapegoats, they can moan about...

A confused Scapegoats-atmosphere hangs around the KP....Desperate hoping to find a victim...  :giggle:

• Haha 1