Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Sheffield United 5-0 Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, LanguedocFox said:

I missed it! My son came over with a Mothers Day present, and left at 4:30. I still can't quite believe it.

Does anyone know where I can see extended highlights? There's three minutes on You Tube, but I want more. And I want the PL not to show matches on Mothers Day. Five bastard nil and I missed the lot. Bollogs.

Same here but daughter instead. Tried to listen on the radio but her constant chatter drowned everything out. Still love her though... (I guess).

It's my own fault, I picked her up and took her home either side of the match. :(

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Vardy as supplier - something he's always been good at anyway - is the way we prolong his career with us if he really is on the decline now in terms of his goalscoring threat.

He's equal to or better than ANY other striker in this league when making assists - a phenomenal thinker and passer. He could have had three today, but the misses are millimetre and millisecond timing 'errors'. He's having a lean spell - but only as far as his own tally goes. Amazing that he can find a role in the team that's as important as his scoring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

He's been slated by several on here recently but, for me, he is and always will be a club legend, along with the likes of Vardy, Morgan, Fuchs and others who have practically devoted their career to LCFC

Anyone who slates Albrighton on this site quite frankly doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously in anything they say.

• Like 3

As good as we were they were shocking. I really expected some kind of positive reaction from them in terms of making it a messy type of match but frankly I'm not sure they were even trying.

Quite possibly one of the most unprofessional displays by a top division team I've seen in many years.

Having said that you can only beat the team in front of you and we were excellent at times. Great result.

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No need to add any more to the goals and dominant attacking play but I absolutely loved our desire all over the pitch to win the ball back and not just desire, but effectiveness and success rate in tackling. And more to the point, not even just Ndidi. It's like Ndidi had a few sessions with the team on learning how to tackle and win it back lol

Kelechi was even getting in on the act! Perez did it several times, too. Very good aspect of our game today to watch. 

That week's rest definitely played a part, for sure. Fresh legs and we were able to pass efficiently and get bodies in and around their players whenever they decided to attack and enter our half.

Kelechi was like a fly on acid with some of the chasing down he did 

I wanted four at the back, and after half an hour or so thought I’d be proved right.

And in fairness, I think the week’s rest, in combination with returning players (and Sheff Utd being in disarray) were the main factors in the win. 

But I’ll hold my hands up, I thought we were brilliant today and I’m very happy to be wrong! 

14 minutes ago, reynard said:

Quite possibly one of the most unprofessional displays by a top division team I've seen in many years.

Yes, I expected a much more robust game.

Their sole aim was damage limitation. And reminded me of some painful displays from LCFC in the mid-late 80s in the top flight, when we went to the big clubs and our aim was often just to keep the score donw to 3 or 4.

1 hour ago, Tom's Pasta said:

Credit to Rogers for getting it right today, Perez plays SO much better in a central position and with Nacho in such good form we had enough on the pitch to break them down. The hardest goal was always going to be the first, after that we enjoyed ourselves and were very professional.

Huge contrast to Fulham at home where we never looked close to breaking them down. It's all about getting the right balance for me

Rodgers Never gets it wrong he is our Magic Leprechaun

Only doubting fans who are getting fat on humble pie,and are suffering from self-delusion, making desperate Phone Calls to help-lines asking if 

Somebody could help them to look for  any long lost scapegoat...!!!

How much fresher did we look for the week’s break? At 0-0, there was a point where we kept them penned in for a good five minutes with a decent tempo. That is what has been missing recently. The counter press. The winning of the second ball. The better work in transition. 

I know opposition was poor but those factors occur regardless. We had an extra yard. If we keep that up, we will do it 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

Yes, I expected a much more robust game.

Their sole aim was damage limitation. And reminded me of some painful displays from LCFC in the mid-late 80s in the top flight, when we went to the big clubs and our aim was often just to keep the score donw to 3 or 4.

Yes. Exactly my thoughts though I think we did used to try more than they did today. Actually nearest Leicester performance might just be the first half when we were 5-0 down to Bolton under Peter Taylor. Hard to think that back then we could ever have imagined where we are now and even more so in the dismal 80s under Pleat.

32 minutes ago, reynard said:

As good as we were they were shocking. I really expected some kind of positive reaction from them in terms of making it a messy type of match but frankly I'm not sure they were even trying.

Having said that you can only beat the team in front of you and we were excellent at times. Great result.

They sound broken emotionally.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I don’t know. At the time it was just a clause. I suppose if we offer him a new contract it could but I am not a legal beagle 

Iheanacho’s growing profile is starting to be a source of concern for his club boss. And with Manchester City preparing for life after Sergio Aguero, a return for Iheanacho to the Etihad is still feasible.

“I’m not totally sure, but these things usually last the course of the first deal he signs,” Rodgers admitted according to quotes from Leicestermercury.co.uk, via Punch Nigeria. 

“So, Iheanacho joined on a five-year contract in 2017, so leading to 2022.

‘’Even if he negotiates an extended deal in that time, I’d expect the buy-back clause to still be applicable until 2022. “After that, it may be void.

Iheanacho is in his third season at Leicester City and has two years left on his initial five-year contract.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

They sound broken emotionally.

"I'm not going to accuse my teammates of not trying"

Well the tone it was said in pretty much sounded like he was. Sad times for them but it was it was up to us to take advatage and we did.

Obvious there are deep rooted problems for them.