Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

1 hour ago, Phube said:

What about 42 year olds who’ve had two jabs? 

Specifically people born on 27th November 1979 are allowed in. 

Regardless of jabs.

That's the optimal date for seeing the Pleat years and League 1.

Science innit.

37 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Not sure that would be sensible. Either have it fully open to anyone or forget ot. The amount of people that would use family members and friends/connections with London postcodes. People would travel anyway.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I’ve got a Leicester supporting friend who lives in Hemel Hempstead would I be able to get tickets sent to his address lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceredigion said:

I was there the last time we were in an FA Cup semi final and I remember it well. Huge numbers of cars heading to Birmingham on the M6 with City scarves trailing from the windows, listening to the emergency debate in parliament on the car radio because Argentina had invaded the Falkland Islands the day before, the feelings of hope rising because Spurs announced that Ardiles and Villa would be dropped from the team because of the invasion.

It all seemed too good to be true. The other semi final that day was QPR v West Brom so all we had to do was to beat Spurs and we were a shoehorn to win the cup as a 2nd Division team and get into Europe.

But then it started to rain, Tommy Williams broke a leg, someone scored an own goal (Ian Wilson I think) and we returned to Leicester sadder and wiser men.

Everyone had been to the bookies that week to lay a treble bet on LCFC winning the semi final, the Tigers winning the John Player Cup at Twickenham and Grittar, a Leicestershire trained horse ,winning the Grand National. All 3 events were happening on the same day. Grittar and the Tigers did the business but not for the first time and not for the last time LCFC let us down.

Let's go one better this time and beat Southampton 10-0.

If you'd told me in 1982 that we wouldn't get to an FA Cup semi final for another 39 years I would have believed you.

Who else remembers that day?

I was there, a 12 year old with my cousin, uncle and auntie. Still have the programme up in the loft.

Can't believe its taken 39 years for us to return to an FA Cup semi final, though we have achieved 1 or 2 things in that time!

To soften the disappointment of that loss against Spurs, I like to think Ian Wilson's own goal is possibly the finest ever, delicately lobbing the ball over Wallington from over 30 yards! Shame, I liked Wilson, he was a great player.

2 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I was there, a 12 year old with my cousin, uncle and auntie. Still have the programme up in the loft.

Can't believe its taken 39 years for us to return to an FA Cup semi final, though we have achieved 1 or 2 things in that time!

To soften the disappointment of that loss against Spurs, I like to think Ian Wilson's own goal is possibly the finest ever, delicately lobbing the ball over Wallington from over 30 yards! Shame, I liked Wilson, he was a great player.

I liked Ian Wilson too. Remember his goal at Craven Cottage in 1983. We signed him from Elgin Rangers if I recall correctly. God knows what our scouts were doing in Elgin but he went on to win a league title with Everton.

• Like 1

One more win.

Let's get to that final.

I said in the Man Utd pre match how much it actually meant to me.

I was 2 when we last played an FA Cup semi.

10 and a half years before I was born was the last time we were in a final.

Let's fvcking do this.

I want to be singing Abide With Me in tears of pride.

We'll never have a better chance of getting to the final.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Rain King said:

You're right I've just checked. Sure it used to be the Cup Runners Up in that scenario?

Always been second in the event of the double. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Not in 1971.

I thought the same!

Massive anomaly that season.

The Community Shield must be 1 of the hardest games in the world to qualify for though!

Your semi's are a 38 game league season or Cup run, effectively beating every team in the country lol

3 hours ago, ceredigion said:

I was there the last time we were in an FA Cup semi final and I remember it well. Huge numbers of cars heading to Birmingham on the M6 with City scarves trailing from the windows, listening to the emergency debate in parliament on the car radio because Argentina had invaded the Falkland Islands the day before, the feelings of hope rising because Spurs announced that Ardiles and Villa would be dropped from the team because of the invasion.

It all seemed too good to be true. The other semi final that day was QPR v West Brom so all we had to do was to beat Spurs and we were a shoehorn to win the cup as a 2nd Division team and get into Europe.

But then it started to rain, Tommy Williams broke a leg, someone scored an own goal (Ian Wilson I think) and we returned to Leicester sadder and wiser men.

Everyone had been to the bookies that week to lay a treble bet on LCFC winning the semi final, the Tigers winning the John Player Cup at Twickenham and Grittar, a Leicestershire trained horse ,winning the Grand National. All 3 events were happening on the same day. Grittar and the Tigers did the business but not for the first time and not for the last time LCFC let us down.

Let's go one better this time and beat Southampton 10-0.

If you'd told me in 1982 that we wouldn't get to an FA Cup semi final for another 39 years I would have believed you.

Who else remembers that day?

Me

3 hours ago, Peckfortonfox said:

West Brom at home could become are penultimate game now.

Not sure about that. They want to move the penultimate round of fixtures to the midweek before the last match so fans can attend and then move matchweek 36 to the weekend in its place.

If we get to the final we could play Man Utd, FA Cup final, Chelsea and Spurs in the final 10 days of the season.