Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

6 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I am considering opening my bottle of Captain Wes rum if we win the cup.  It's not really worth anything, is it?

Good shout that, might do the same. Na, they ended up shifting 20k+ of them so you'd do well to get too much more than RRP unless someone really wants one.

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

Good shout that, might do the same. Na, they ended up shifting 20k+ of them so you'd do well to get too much more than RRP unless someone really wants one.

Nice one ! ..  when you boys open yours up the value of my unopened bottle will increase ..  😁👍

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Ok... sounds like a plan.

And then afterwards I will fill the bottle with Weymouth sand 🐵

11 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I am considering opening my bottle of Captain Wes rum if we win the cup.  It's not really worth anything, is it?

I could do something similar...still got my unopened bag of salt and Lineker walkers crisps from 15-16.

....not sure if they would still be Ok though!

• Like 1

Fans allowed in!

Next month's FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley will be among the pilot events to trial the return of large crowds to UK venues.

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden told BBC sports editor Dan Roan that the games on 17 and 18 April will be part of the trial programme.

The FA Cup final and the World Snooker Championship in Sheffield are also on the schedule.

"We want to get as many people back as safely as possible," said Dowden.

The semi-final between Chelsea and Manchester City will be shown live on BBC One and the BBC iPlayer on Saturday, 17 April, with Leicester v Southampton on the following day.

Dowden also said more pilot events would be announced later this week after confirmation from the government that the next stage of the planned easing of restrictions on 12 April is on track.

The following stage, scheduled for 17 May, would allow stadia to open with a 25% capacity limit, up to a maximum of 10,000 spectators.

The current plan is then for all restrictions on social contact to be lifted on 21 June.

"We want to make it as simple and convenient as possible for people. That's why we are conducting these pilots," Dowden said.

"The plan is to look at factors like one-way systems, ventilation within a stadium and how you interact in terms of getting to and from the venue."

Dowden refused to be drawn on how many spectators would be permitted to attend the Wembley semi-finals.

But BBC Sport understands the possibility of having 20,000 fans at the final on 15 May is being explored by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and the Football Association. Those proposals would need to be agreed with Brent Council.

"The purpose of this is not so much the overall number, it is how they interact with each other," Dowden added.

"So it's the social distancing that they have from each other. It's the behavioural factors. 

"We will be testing them before and after to look at spread and look how they behave in the stadium. 

"We're not just chucking everyone into the stadiums, it is being done in a very controlled way and the purpose is to get the rules set can so it can be as safe as possible from the 21 June."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56566256

Edited by when_you're_smiling

7 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Fans allowed in!

Next month's FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley will be among the pilot events to trial the return of large crowds to UK venues.

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden told BBC sports editor Dan Roan that the games on 17 and 18 April will be part of the trial programme.

The FA Cup final and the World Snooker Championship in Sheffield are also on the schedule.

"We want to get as many people back as safely as possible," said Dowden.

The semi-final between Chelsea and Manchester City will be shown live on BBC One and the BBC iPlayer on Saturday, 17 April, with Leicester v Southampton on the following day.

Dowden also said more pilot events would be announced later this week after confirmation from the government that the next stage of the planned easing of restrictions on 12 April is on track.

The following stage, scheduled for 17 May, would allow stadia to open with a 25% capacity limit, up to a maximum of 10,000 spectators.

The current plan is then for all restrictions on social contact to be lifted on 21 June.

"We want to make it as simple and convenient as possible for people. That's why we are conducting these pilots," Dowden said.

"The plan is to look at factors like one-way systems, ventilation within a stadium and how you interact in terms of getting to and from the venue."

Dowden refused to be drawn on how many spectators would be permitted to attend the Wembley semi-finals.

But BBC Sport understands the possibility of having 20,000 fans at the final on 15 May is being explored by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and the Football Association. Those proposals would need to be agreed with Brent Council.

"The purpose of this is not so much the overall number, it is how they interact with each other," Dowden added.

"So it's the social distancing that they have from each other. It's the behavioural factors. 

"We will be testing them before and after to look at spread and look how they behave in the stadium. 

"We're not just chucking everyone into the stadiums, it is being done in a very controlled way and the purpose is to get the rules set can so it can be as safe as possible from the 21 June."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56566256

Really hope they sort out the priority system first. 

An elitist post but People like myself haven't racked up the years and points to miss out on stuff like this.

• Like 4

Just now, Ashley said:

An elitist post but People like myself haven't racked up the years and points to miss out on stuff like this.

Yeah you just know our lot will make hard work of that.

Will stink hearing stories of box holders mates getting sorted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

What do you hope for with the priority system?

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

As much as its great to be going to Wembley the semis shouldn't be there takes the shine off the final. Really the semis should be at old Trafford, villa park or millennium stadium. 

Completely agree. It's not like Wembley doesn't generate plenty of money as it is.

"fans" is a stretch to what will actually be in the ground. They will use NHS workers and people from around the area that have at least 1 vaccination. 

Absolutely no chance in 3 weeks time they are going to be wanting even 10k fans to be travelling as if it goes wrong they will be strung up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

"fans" is a stretch to what will actually be in the ground. They will use NHS workers and people from around the area that have at least 1 vaccination. 

Absolutely no chance in 3 weeks time they are going to be wanting even 10k fans to be travelling as if it goes wrong they will be strung up. 

Well I'm nhs and by the time of the game I would have had my second jab I wonder if I would be able to attend