Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

I had a positive thought. It's rotten that we cannot go to the semi. However, I suspect that most of us would be of the opinion that Wembley should be only used for the final. Therefore, should we get there, and hoping that some fans could attend, at least it would make the attendance at Wembley more unique for the lucky thousands. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I had a positive thought. It's rotten that we cannot go to the semi. However, I suspect that most of us would be of the opinion that Wembley should be only used for the final. Therefore, should we get there, and hoping that some fans could attend, at least it would make the attendance at Wembley more unique for the lucky thousands. 

or someone could be a champ on host a watch party at their gaff, and invite everyone here.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Imagine if we managed to beat these, get to the final and be at the first ground in the country to fully open up, having been the last ground to host a full crowd.

Do you think the FA would invite Villa as a special guest on the day to be our opponents? Sack Chelsea/Man City off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Being a traditionalist I absolutely hate it that the FA Cup semi finals are played at Wembley. I've always been of the mindset that I wouldn't go on principle if we got there. In this instance the decision has been taken out of my hands.

Hopefully we get to the final and admission will be granted to the lucky few.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Imagine if we managed to beat these, get to the final and be at the first ground in the country to fully open up, having been the last ground to host a full crowd.

The plan is to have 20k fans at the final 

if it’s standard fa cup final protocol, then the two clubs will have 5k tickets each .....

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Personally think semi finals should be rotated around grounds that have 40,000/45,000 plus capacity for variety.

It's also a bit of a buzz in itself travelling to a new ground and also for the local economy in hosting the semi final.

Sadly passion for the game isn't enough for the snobby FA

• Like 1

On 24/03/2021 at 21:11, Blue Fox 72 said:

Like they were in the 'good old days'. The reward for getting to the final was the glory of playing in the end of season showpiece at Wembley.

Is it any wonder that the FA Cup has been devalued?

There's one and only reason the FA Cup has been devalued and that's that the financial rewards are a drop in the ocean for the best clubs. There's no incentive for them to care. 

When the elite in the country don't take a competition seriously, the shine comes off it, whether we like that or not. 

Random thought but is there a case for moving the date of the final so that it is played as the curtain raiser for next season? By early August it could be possible to allow a much larger crowd to attend than in May.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

19 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Random thought but is there a case for moving the date of the final so that it is played as the curtain raiser for next season? By early August it could be possible to allow a much larger crowd to attend than in May.

The transfer window play a part also players who play in the euros still might be on holiday 

On 23/03/2021 at 14:09, Line-X said:

lol You've mentioned this before. 

My Dad had one which looked identical to this...

4343970.jpg.f9cb0d24462eb2aa67434f7596d67838.jpg

Two litre engine, overhead camshaft motor was actually designed and built by Ford of Europe and carburation was by a single downdraught Weber twin-choke, and the exhaust setup was a semi free-flow system. This meant it had some grunt, with responsive bottom end torque. The sleek curved design was much better than the boxy Mk2 or Mk4/5 and as a kid I thought it looked like some American muscle car off the TV. Loved it. 

Back on topic...this is unfinished business. The competition was huge growing up, the entire country came to a virtual standstill on cup final day - and that was just the build up. I used to dream of winning it, knowing that the League (old division 1) was an impossibility. There was however part of me that thought, ****, we'll be champions of England before we ever lay our hands on this silverware. 

I once bought one for £30!