Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Muzzy Who?

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

Is that for Muzzy or your own thread? ;) 

His heading ability was seriously underrated, he got a very decent proportion of his goals from headers.

Definitely Muzzy.

It was. I was surprised by the sentence - "It was still a tight affair on the final day as O'Neill's men headed to Watford. They needed a win and the man to deliver it was Izzet, netting a rare headed goal at Vicarage Road - his first for Leicester."

That diving one on the run against Derby is one of my favourites. With packed defences these days it's rare to see that type of goal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Definitely Muzzy.

It was. I was surprised by the sentence - "It was still a tight affair on the final day as O'Neill's men headed to Watford. They needed a win and the man to deliver it was Izzet, netting a rare headed goal at Vicarage Road - his first for Leicester."

That diving one on the run against Derby is one of my favourites. With packed defences these days it's rare to see that type of goal.

Izzet used to time his runs perfectly. When you had the likes of Guppy who could cross the ball superbly with either foot too we were always a threat in that area.

• Like 1

I think when you watch our games from the O'Neill era back you really see such a contrasting style and identity from each team that really has been lost a bit in the modern era.

No doubt the football is technically much superior, but the playing out from the back tika taka leads to many dreadful matches too. So many big games now lack what they did back then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alanyoung said:

Didn't look much when he made his debut in that infamous game against Sheffield United but what a player he turned out to be...

That goal against Watford  was fabulous.

Great scenes at Vicarage Rd that day...

True legend...

That wasn't how I remember it. I came away thinking this lad that no one had ever heard of was the only bright spark of a grim day and far too good for us. I expected him to get in his car and head straight back down the M1. 

Really chuffed to have signed him permanently and I think Chelsea thought they'd ripped us off (800k).

Unforgettable eventhough his wages nearly bankrupted us in 2002.

• Like 1