Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

There’s a fine line between being informative to the media / the fans but then not showing your hand either. 

Antonio out is a massive boost for us, Rodgers won’t want to give them any more of a potential boost with us already missing Barnes, Justin & Soyuncu, he’ll just deal with any potential issues on the day like he did with Soyuncu last week 

9 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

There’s a fine line between being informative to the media / the fans but then not showing your hand either. 

Antonio out is a massive boost for us, Rodgers won’t want to give them any more of a potential boost with us already missing Barnes, Justin & Soyuncu, he’ll just deal with any potential issues on the day like he did with Soyuncu last week 

Making me worry now 

Equally there's a bit of revisionism from several on this forum about Rodgers and injuries. Some players have been out for longer than hes suggested and then some have come back sooner like praet. Its almost like it's out of his control.

If maddison has had a setback then I don't think he'd be smashing balls down the driving range....

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Equally there's a bit of revisionism from several on this forum about Rodgers and injuries. Some players have been out for longer than hes suggested and then some have come back sooner like praet. Its almost like it's out of his control.

If maddison has had a setback then I don't think he'd be smashing balls down the driving range....

Rodgers has himself spoken about not wanting to give too much away and keeping the opposition guessing before the match. He knows that telling the world about new injuries is giving the opposition a chance to prepare.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Rodgers has himself spoken about not wanting to give too much away and keeping the opposition guessing before the match. He knows that telling the world about new injuries is giving the opposition a chance to prepare.

No but he's also well aware that the club put stuff out on social media....

59 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Still no Tielemans, Maddison or Perez in the training video. No doubt nothing to read into it. Nothing at all. Tell me it’s nothing?

40 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

He's talked about Maddison explicitly today, which says to me he didn't train yesterday either due to a slight knock, or like Vardy/Morgan they are managing his training time to minimise the risk of the pain resurfacing.

Tielemans and Perez is more of a concern, I'll grant you. Hopefully just precautions over knocks that have settled down today.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

What have I missed? Are you joking? If you are, you should be ashamed. That's not something to mess about with. 

My head's all over the place, I'm gonna have 36 hours of worry now :sleep:

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

My head's all over the place, I'm gonna have 36 hours of worry now :sleep:

With the amount of football he's played this year it would be fairly normal to rest him a bit between games and for him to train a little less, no? 

Nobody from the club has actually mentioned him being injured right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

With the amount of football he's played this year it would be fairly normal to rest him a bit between games and for him to train a little less, no? 

Nobody from the club has actually mentioned him being injured right? 

No-one said anything so far, just him missing from the training pics/videos.

It wouldn't be LCFC without something going wrong though.

• Thanks 1

There's 4 or 5 missing from the training vid and the training photos from the day before. I've never known players miss that last session before and be available at the weekend.

Tielemans

Maddison

Perez

Choudhury

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's 4 or 5 missing from the training vid and the training photos from the day before. I've never known players miss that last session before and be available at the weekend.

Tielemans

Maddison

Perez

Choudhury

Equally no praet. Who was in the photos yesterday. Same with ndidi and iheanacho.

And no fofana in yesterday's photos.

Common for players to be on different cycles and with 2 massive games coming up maybe a few players are just being nursed through?

• Like 3