Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

i'm very much looking forward to this one, a real good test this, but one that if we perform at 90% or above should be OK with, they seem to like a fast start and don't seem as strong in the second half recently, so going in level at HT would actually make me feel a bit more confident about this. They concede more goals in the second half and we score more goals.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We need to be aggressive, we can't afford to be passive against them. 

Totally agree. They bullied us earlier this season and never allowed us to play, if we can match that then our quality should see us through.

• Like 1

Just now, wattolcfc said:

Totally agree. They bullied us earlier this season and never allowed us to play, if we can match that then our quality should see us through.

Quite right. Get Hamza to nut a few of em in the tunnel before kick off. Sorted. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Don't know if it's me being petty but I hope Soucek has a shit game. His love in with Slavia when they beat us really annoyed me lol

The whole West Ham and Slavia love in is just a bit weird generally. Yes, they sold you a couple of good players, big deal.

9 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

N’Didi didn’t play in the first game so hopefully that and them missing Rice will make a big difference compared to that one.

They’re in great form, enjoy playing on the counter, outplayed us in that first game and good at set pieces, so should be one of the teams that can hurt us most, but for some reason I’m more optimistic than usual about this. Can feel a Vardy masterclass incoming too.

41 minutes ago, martyn said:

The whole West Ham and Slavia love in is just a bit weird generally. Yes, they sold you a couple of good players, big deal.

It'd be like Southampton cheering on Liverpool cos they sold a few a while back. Weird. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I wonder... with 8 games to play, would 5th in the league be a failure?

I think 5th at the beginning of the season would have been a good season, but I fear if there is a repeat of last season, i.e. failing to make Champions League from the position we are now in, could have a damaging effect both mentally and on player retention. 

• Like 1

With what happened last year, to miss out on CL from our current position would be the most enormous failure of mentality by the players and management.  And with at least five members of the title winning team still in and around the squad there really would be no excuses 

it would still be a pig, irrespective of being buried under tonnes of lipstick ......

• Like 1

Brendan is still reeling out the “qualifying for European football would be a success” line.

But given what happened last season and the fact that we have been in the top four ALL season, let alone the quality of the players we have in the team, who does he think he is kidding?

I know he is cautious by nature and doesn’t want to invite disappointment, but personally I would prefer to hear him boldly and confidently rally the troops - players and fans alike - with a “we’re going all out for the Champions League” war cry.

Who can forget Claudio’s rousing “we are going for... the Title”? Still sends chills down my spine.

The Merc have suggested this team for WHU.

Judging by the response there's a lot of dislike for Amartey.

Is this dislike of Amartey true of most LCFC fans?

Would people really prefer to sacrifice Ndidi as a DMF.

Not me!

May be an image of grass and text that says "Schmeichel WEST WESTHAM HAM UNITED X LONDO LONDO Ricardo Amartey Evans Fofana Ndidi Tielemans Maddison Vardy Castagne ICESTER CI Οο ALL CLUB lheanacho"

Jayne Thwaites

good line up but like most say amarty is to much of a liability put ndidi back in defence and bring in mendy

GW Wright

Jayne Thwaites

Still on the 'amartey is liabilty' trip - he's actually ranked 19th in our squad for being dispossessed/game, and 21st for unsuccessful touches. He is ranked 18th for times dribbled past per game (the same as soyuncu, only vardy and evans get beat less often the amartey). And only under and albrighton commit fewer fouls per game and he has the 6th best passing %. So what exactly are you basing his 'liabilty' on?

Helen Smith

would u swop ricardo for amartey and bring in praet - he's was good b4 his injury -

Damo Robbins

Ndidi for amartey and put praet in beside tielemans. Amartey worries me every time he plays

Anders Gothefors

Great team! Can not imagine it could loose tomorrow!

Marc Grant

Soyuncu should be back if he gets a negative test,he's completed his isolation

Shaun Beck

Amarty seems to panic on the ball our weakest link in the back isnt soyuncu ready ?

Lars Sjölund

Ndidi back to defenence and in comes Praet for him. Amartey out this time

David Crowther

Either of the 2 suggestions above. But either way Amartey goes.

Docteur Eric Ntizonyanka

We will win this match

Curtis Knott

Take amartey off bring preat on next to madders so will have 3 centre midfielders with madders in front and pack the midfield and have a back 4 so be kinda a 433

Andrew Cornish

Amartey is a worry

Joes Westons

Andrew Cornish

has he done anything wrong this season?

Andrew Cornish

Joes Westons

he’s been ok I just worry he can dive in from time to time hope I’m wrong.

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

Judging by the response there's a lot of dislike for Amartey.

More the formation for me, the sooner we can return to a back four the better. Evans and Fofana were doing great together until Soyuncu returned and Barnes/Justin injuries forced us to change.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Nope, still in Turkey but could be on his way back tomorrow...

internationals at the business end of the season need to stop.  In a pandemic it is just a way of spreading c19 into squads.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1