Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

The prediction from Steve Guttenberg, the guy who played Mahoney in Police Academy :D 

Steve's prediction: I love the story of how Leicester won the league as huge underdogs in 2016. The fact their nickname is the Foxes seals the deal. 1-2

46 minutes ago, Mark said:

More the formation for me, the sooner we can return to a back four the better. Evans and Fofana were doing great together until Soyuncu returned and Barnes/Justin injuries forced us to change.

I'll always maintain that a flat back four is Brendan's preferred option. But there have been many times this season that the three/five at the back has had greater tactical implications and aside from being deployed out of necessity/simply regarding players available and has enabled us to employ combinations that wouldn't have otherwise been possible.

The best that I've seen us play this season was away to Manchester City and at home to Manchester United in the FA Cup. In both cases we played three at the back and against United the combination of Fofana, Evans and Söyüncü looked superb. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

It's not a dislike for Amartey. We just lose our way of playing when he plays because hes just a younger Danny Simpson. His lack of ability on the ball just scuppers how we play

I understand the concern but I'd still prefer Ndidi as our DCM as you lose more that you gain by putting him in a back 3.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm starting to worry now, Perez and Tielemans out?

:frantics:  What?   Tielemans is out???

And Perez  :thumbup:

:huh:

:frantics:  What?   Tielemans is out???

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

The prediction from Steve Guttenberg, the guy who played Mahoney in Police Academy :D 

Steve's prediction: I love the story of how Leicester won the league as huge underdogs in 2016. The fact their nickname is the Foxes seals the deal. 1-2

I say we throw all the teams up in the air and whoever God wants, he keeps :P

5 hours ago, davieG said:

The Merc have suggested this team for WHU.

Judging by the response there's a lot of dislike for Amartey.

Is this dislike of Amartey true of most LCFC fans?

Would people really prefer to sacrifice Ndidi as a DMF.

Not me!

May be an image of grass and text that says "Schmeichel WEST WESTHAM HAM UNITED X LONDO LONDO Ricardo Amartey Evans Fofana Ndidi Tielemans Maddison Vardy Castagne ICESTER CI Οο ALL CLUB lheanacho"

Jayne Thwaites

good line up but like most say amarty is to much of a liability put ndidi back in defence and bring in mendy

GW Wright

Jayne Thwaites

Still on the 'amartey is liabilty' trip - he's actually ranked 19th in our squad for being dispossessed/game, and 21st for unsuccessful touches. He is ranked 18th for times dribbled past per game (the same as soyuncu, only vardy and evans get beat less often the amartey). And only under and albrighton commit fewer fouls per game and he has the 6th best passing %. So what exactly are you basing his 'liabilty' on?

Helen Smith

would u swop ricardo for amartey and bring in praet - he's was good b4 his injury -

Damo Robbins

Ndidi for amartey and put praet in beside tielemans. Amartey worries me every time he plays

Anders Gothefors

Great team! Can not imagine it could loose tomorrow!

Marc Grant

Soyuncu should be back if he gets a negative test,he's completed his isolation

Shaun Beck

Amarty seems to panic on the ball our weakest link in the back isnt soyuncu ready ?

Lars Sjölund

Ndidi back to defenence and in comes Praet for him. Amartey out this time

David Crowther

Either of the 2 suggestions above. But either way Amartey goes.

Docteur Eric Ntizonyanka

We will win this match

Curtis Knott

Take amartey off bring preat on next to madders so will have 3 centre midfielders with madders in front and pack the midfield and have a back 4 so be kinda a 433

Andrew Cornish

Amartey is a worry

Joes Westons

Andrew Cornish

has he done anything wrong this season?

Andrew Cornish

Joes Westons

he’s been ok I just worry he can dive in from time to time hope I’m wrong.

I don't see the choice as sacrificing ndidi at all!

Surely you'd move Ricardo and castagne back to a 4 and have an extra midfielder.

Difficult to get the width and shoehorn someone like Madison out wide, granted, but surely sacrificing ndidi ain't even an option.

4 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I don't see the choice as sacrificing ndidi at all!

Surely you'd move Ricardo and castagne back to a 4 and have an extra midfielder.

Difficult to get the width and shoehorn someone like Madison out wide, granted, but surely sacrificing ndidi ain't even an option.

My point was in relation to many of the comments in the Merc article where they suggest moving Ndidi to Amartey's position.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

I understand the concern but I'd still prefer Ndidi as our DCM as you lose more that you gain by putting him in a back 3.

Ndidi in a back 3 is as bad as Amartey in a back 3. Hence why I opted for the diamond :D

• Like 1

Season defining game. Must win for me if we want to finish in the top four. Although it won’t be mathematically over if we lose, I just think it opens the door for the chasing pack, and means we’re within arms reach of Chelsea. We have to go for third because if we do then this could all be done with two games to play. Five games, five must wins for me. One massive push lads to get the job done, we’ve been amazing all season, let’s not **** all of the hard work up....

The amount of space they allowed Wolves in between the lines on Monday was huge. 

IF we don't have anyone out like it's been suggested on here... that's when we are at our best as a side. Especially for someone like Maddison or Perez or even both..

• Like 1