Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (A) Sun 11/04/21 @ 14:05

Hopefully we’ll have a clean bill of health (bar absentees we know about) 

The more I’ve thought about it this week I think I’d revert back to our 4-2-3-1 system. With their absences I think we try to blow them away early and leave them chasing the game.

id go with 

Schmeichel 

Amartey

Evans

Fofana

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Ricardo

Perez

Albrighton

Vardy

This team has the flexibility to go to a 3-4-3 to match them if needed.

That leaves Iheanacho, Maddison, Praet on the bench to change shape/freshen up.

Harsh on Kel admittedly but think he’s better off the bench than Vardy and whilst he’s not been firing he still plays the lone role better. 

Vardy needs a goal and I think dropping him would do more harm than good in the long run 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lollollollol

Wow. You've managed to make us weaker in attack and defence with that, pretty good. Pretty impressive. If Moyes could pick a team, it would probably be that.

I'm convinced the diamond is the way forwards in this game. It became a 3 4 1 2 in possession and then a 4 3 1 2 out of possession.

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Praet

Maddison

Kel

Vardy 

That looks most likely to me ...  

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lollollollol

Wow. You've managed to make us weaker in attack and defence with that, pretty good. Pretty impressive. If Moyes could pick a team, it would probably be that.

I'm convinced the diamond is the way forwards in this game. It became a 3 4 1 2 in possession and then a 4 3 1 2 out of possession.

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Praet

Maddison

Kel

Vardy 

You are clearly a football connoisseur as your team is the same as mine. 

This is the best team we currently have at our disposal and which is on form. 

COYB. 

I’m not sure we’ll adopt a diamond for this. It’s not something that has worked particularly well in the past.

I have a feeling he’ll stick with the back three. Without Antonio they may have quite a fluid attack and the last thing we want is to allow them to run at us like Wolves allowed. Having three CB’s allows one to step out and intercept or close down, as well as Ndidi protecting that space in front of the back line.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’m not sure we’ll adopt a diamond for this. It’s not something that has worked particularly well in the past.

I have a feeling he’ll stick with the back three. Without Antonio they may have quite a fluid attack and the last thing we want is to allow them to run at us like Wolves allowed. Having three CB’s allows one to step out and intercept or close down, as well as Ndidi protecting that space in front of the back line.

It's really hard. With Antonio I think a diamond would have been a poor idea, with lots of balls allowed into our box. Without him, a diamond midfield could either block out space for those more fluid attackers you mention, or it could render their wingers useless. 

A game changing decision ultimately and I'm not sure which I'd go with.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

lollollollol

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Praet

Maddison

Kel

Vardy 

So you are making wholesale changes based on what exactly?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, moore_94 said:

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?9710572|n|1|2

Just reading through that, West Ham "banter" equals taking the piss out Khun Vichais accident, lovely

All the below in just 2 pages. @Alfs Hope none of these make it into your word doc.

image.png.af0ec307dd1673020f0a8923d57427d2.png

image.png.5ad115d9e40728adeda36e8eb1119d21.png

image.png.cb92df6116d0fc6fcf4b26d95bb9c5a7.png

image.png.c81461e1fdc69e743674116e1655ec4a.png

image.png.819f8d508f5ec4e6b4ee3d555acee00a.png

Well reading that shit I don't feel like rising above it and hope we batter the **** out of them and break a few legs.

Shame the fans aren't there so something could happen to them the green street laavvving faaaacccckkkiinnnggg caaaannnnntttsss!

Edited by gw_leics772
Just bantz innit!

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All eyes on the presser

What time is it? Can’t see anything on BBC sport Leicester?

and what are people hinting Brendan might reveal? Or is it linked to the training photos? 

Edited by Foxes96

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

lollollollol

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Fofana

Evans

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Praet

Maddison

Kel

Vardy 

You don’t think starting 3 players who are not fully match fit/rusty isn’t a bigger risk?

Coupled with the fact that West Ham’s strength will be out wide - coufal and masuwaku/cresswell from deep and Bowen/lingard/fornals up top you want to go narrow in midfield? 

I personally think our midfield would be pulled all over the place and our fullbacks would be exposed.

Each to their own - either way I just want the three points. If we go with your system (or similar) and win I’ll be delighted to hold my hands up.

cheers for not being overly condescending in your comment 

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you are making wholesale changes based on what exactly?

It allows us to get our best footballers on the pitch and play a similar way to the way we have been playing. Wilf drops in as a 3rd cb on the ball. Out of possession Praet/Tielemans cover left and right side depending where they are when West Ham get the ball. Wilf and Maddison  in the middle.

No Amartey, 11 lads capable of playing football. Sweet.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It allows us to get our best footballers on the pitch and play a similar way to the way we have been playing. Wilf drops in as a 3rd cb on the ball. Out of possession Praet/Tielemans cover left and right side depending where they are when West Ham get the ball. Wilf and Maddison  in the middle.

No Amartey, 11 lads capable of playing football. Sweet.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a sexy formation and does allow us to best use our players. Only wary of making to many changes and not sure James or Dennis are fully ready to start. Guess we will see. :scarf: